2016 four-star OL JP Urquidez visiting UM this week

Advertisement
Hopefully coach Baez and Coach Searels can reel him as a late addition, once he gets a release from Baylor University. Given the situation I would think this will happen quickly, if he is not enrolling because of the coaching change, BU does not need anymore bad press that would come from a disgruntled signed. The good thing for Miami is that BU will probably block transfer to all B12 schools along all other schools they have scheduled for the next 5yrs. Also on the blocked list SMU, Rice, UTSA, Ole Miss, TeX St, and Duke.

Link
Baylor Bears Football Schedules | Future

Here is a link to article about Baylor's 2016 recruits jumping ship
College Sports: Four-star offensive lineman J.P Urquidez delays Baylor enrollment | SportsDay

Go Canes

Last edited:
Hopefully coach Baez and Coach Searels can reel him as a late addition.

Go Canes

[HUDL]athlete/4307854/highlights/210140375[/HUDL]

Oh my an angry OL, he has a hint of Taylor Gadbois in him :cool:

[video=youtube_share;kxLRu36g2Vo]http://youtu.be/kxLRu36g2Vo[/video]

Advertisement
If we're taking anyone from Baylor we should give all world cornerback Parrish Cobb a serious look, he's transferring also..

Advertisement
If we're taking anyone from Baylor we should give all world cornerback Parrish Cobb a serious look, he's transferring also..

Agree. If are to take anyone from Baylor, it should be a cornerback since we only have 1 scholarship available

Our coach Richt works 24/7. Even on memorial weekend.

Selection_089.jpg

Plus Searles know Texas area since he used to coach at Texas. ****.

Hopping for another Seantrel Henderson saga

The good thing is Cobb was a seriously considering UGA before flipping from OU to BU, so Coach Richt I am thinking has a relationship with Cobb already.

Link article about Cobb and his interest in other schools once he receives his release from Baylor U.
College Sports: Report: Texas interested in pair of 2016 Baylor football signees | SportsDay

Go Canes

Advertisement
There's a 4-star TE out of La Vega in this year's class, too, who now lists Miami as one of his top schools - Kedrick James, 6'5" 243....

Hopefully coach Baez and Coach Searels can reel him as a late addition, once he gets a release from Baylor University. Given the situation I would think this will happen quickly, if he is not enrolling because of the coaching change, BU does not need anymore bad press that would come from a disgruntled signed. The good thing for Miami is that BU will probably block transfer to all B12 schools along all other schools they have scheduled for the next 5yrs. Also on the blocked list SMU, Rice, UTSA, Ole Miss, TeX St, and Duke.

Link
Baylor Bears Football Schedules | Future

Here is a link to article about Baylor's 2016 recruits jumping ship
College Sports: Four-star offensive lineman J.P Urquidez delays Baylor enrollment | SportsDay

Go Canes

Yeahhhh.....Baylor would be fearful of bad press over this.....as they keep all the other coaches on staff not named Art Briles- expecially the defensive ones that may have been as complicit in any misdeeds as Briles. Playing the public relations game in respect to hoping we can poach some of their 2016 recruits might be wishful thinking. I'm guessing they view the canning of Briles in an unforced move (in their eyes as it was only really Outside the Lines calling regular attention to this) as a sufficient reaction. The fact that he was the only coach canned shows that they do have concern (no matter if it does prove futile in the long term) in salvaging this season and cutting loose your 2016 class doesn't exactly jive with that line of thinking.

Advertisement
@Tad Football.

Here is a recent article stating the very thing I referred to about Baylor trying to do damage control with future kids by expediting NLI's releases for 2016 signers that want out. Especially with hiring Jim Grobe as interim HC.

Link to article
Baylor recruiting is collapsing amid scandal, *and* top freshmen might not enroll - SBNation.com

Go Canes

Good stuff and I realize what you and the article are assuming about Baylor not wanting to take an additional pr hit by not releasing their 2016 recruits from their LoI's. I just think that might be giving Baylor too much credit in believing that they'll go that far on their own after they believe they fired Briles on their own. We shall see. Kuligowski knows Texas and Big12 country so if poaching can be done then we may have a shot.

Advertisement
Back