2016 Class: 20 commits so far...

2016 will finish in the top 10. Miami isn't going 6-7 two years in a row. But, we need a 5-star player to cap this class off.

When you say we aren't going 6-7 two years in a row, do you me are losing more than 7? Or not going to bowl game? Or did Al get fired and I haven't heard?

Advertisement
This question isn't meant to be inflammatory. Merely looking to get some predictions.

Will we break last year's record of 15 decommitments in a single recruiting class with #SWAG16? Yes or no? Keep in mind that we already have 2 (Chauncey Gardner & Dredrick Snelson) and likely have another waiting in the wings eventually (Amir Rasul).

We're now up to 3 decommitments (Gardner, Snelson, & Camp), each of whom are elite players. And we still have a little over 11 months to go.

Bumping this question that was downvoted multiple times when I posted it a week ago...

This question isn't meant to be inflammatory. Merely looking to get some predictions.

Will we break last year's record of 15 decommitments in a single recruiting class with #SWAG16? Yes or no? Keep in mind that we already have 2 (Chauncey Gardner & Dredrick Snelson) and likely have another waiting in the wings eventually (Amir Rasul).

This one stings a bit IMO. Really liked this kids game. For whatever it is worth we are still #1 for now.

This one stings a bit IMO. Really liked this kids game. For whatever it is worth we are still #1 for now.

I agree, this one does sting, but I am not buying we are his number one, if we were his number one then he wouldn't have decommitted, he's just trying to say politely that he appreciated the love canes fans showed him but now its time to move on, I was definitely hoping we kept him, kids a beast.

Last edited:
Advertisement

We're now up to 3 decommitments (Gardner, Snelson, & Camp), each of whom are elite players. And we still have a little over 11 months to go.

Bumping this question that was downvoted multiple times when I posted it a week ago...

It's going to be close. Rasul is basically out the door already and I've heard rumblings about Bruce. I don't think we will have 15 decoms but I'd say close to 9. We can't hold onto elite kids.

It's going to be close. Rasul is basically out the door already and I've heard rumblings about Bruce. I don't think we will have 15 decoms but I'd say close to 9. We can't hold onto elite kids.

When you just mentioned bruce that ruined my day, do I think we can hold on to him, probably not, but do I hope we hold on to him, **** yea, hands down one of my fav recruits along with mullins and mccloud.

When you just mentioned bruce that ruined my day, do I think we can hold on to him, probably not, but do I hope we hold on to him, **** yea, hands down one of my fav recruits along with mullins and mccloud.

I'm stating the obvious here, but Bruce likely destination is UF for obvious reasons. Hopefully what I heard is false bc Bruce is a stud!

Advertisement
Also, you can't judge the amount of decommits we have if Golden ends up getting fired.
I think if Golden doesn't get fired that must mean he had 8-9 wins. I can't even conceive of him winning 10, it's hard enough to imagine him winning 9 and somehow not being fired. So if Golden stays, I think we get less than 15 decommits. If Golden does get fired (Hopefully), I think we could have over 15 decommits in the long term, but I think most in this class stick no matter what.

This post from less than a month ago was downvoted multiple times by the usual blind optimists, even though it was clarified that the question wasn't posed in an incendiary manner. But in less than a month, we've added two more decommits to bump the total to 4. And it's only mid-March.

Chauncey Gardner
Dredrick Snelson
Keyshon Camp
Isaiah Johnson

I'll ask the non-inflammatory question again merely to gauge opinions. Will we break last year's record of 15 decommitments in a single recruiting class with #SWAG16? Yes or no?

Advertisement

This post from less than a month ago was downvoted multiple times by the usual blind optimists, even though it was clarified that the question wasn't posed in an incendiary manner. But in less than a month, we've added two more decommits to bump the total to 4. And it's only mid-March.

Chauncey Gardner
Dredrick Snelson
Keyshon Camp
Isaiah Johnson

I'll ask the non-inflammatory question again merely to gauge opinions. Will we break last year's record of 15 decommitments in a single recruiting class with #SWAG16? Yes or no?

It happens fsu had more than 13 in their 2014 class... Oh... UF had more than 15 last year. So did Michigan...
QB. Treon Harris
RB. Joseph Yearby
FB. Kamryn Pettway
WR. Jacob McCray
WR. Markel Pack
WR. CJ Worton
WR. JoJo Robinson
WR. Ryan Sousa
WR. Javonte Seabury
DE. Dexter Wideman
DE. Blake McClain
DE. Denzel Ware
CB. JC Jackson

Chauncey Gardner
Dredrick Snelson
Keyshon Camp
Isaiah Johnson

It happens fsu had more than 13 in their 2014 class... Oh... UF had more than 15 last year. So did Michigan...
QB. Treon Harris
RB. Joseph Yearby
FB. Kamryn Pettway
WR. Jacob McCray
WR. Markel Pack
WR. CJ Worton
WR. JoJo Robinson
WR. Ryan Sousa
WR. Javonte Seabury
DE. Dexter Wideman
DE. Blake McClain
DE. Denzel Ware
CB. JC Jackson

Why would you or anyone else ignore context when comparing these situations?

FSU had a ton of decommitments in 2014 in large part because they pushed out lower-rated kids in favor of premier talents they landed down the stretch after winning a national title. They ended up with a Top 5 class that year. Yearby's one of the few blue-chip talents from your list who flipped from FSU, but they ended up with Dalvin f****** Cook. They pushed out Worton, but ended up with Rudolph and Lane. It's not even remotely a comparable situation.

We lost 15 last cycle from a class that always lacked premier talent outside of the once-outstanding RB group after one of the most embarrassing seasons in the history of the program. We ended up with a class ranked outside the Top 25.

Definition of apples to oranges.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Chauncey Gardner
Dredrick Snelson
Keyshon Camp
Isaiah Johnson

QB. Treon Harris
RB. Joseph Yearby
FB. Kamryn Pettway
WR. Jacob McCray
WR. Markel Pack
WR. CJ Worton
WR. JoJo Robinson
WR. Ryan Sousa
WR. Javonte Seabury
DE. Dexter Wideman
DE. Blake McClain
DE. Denzel Ware
CB. JC Jackson

FSU had a ton of decommitments in 2014 in large part because they pushed out lower-rated kids in favor of premier talents they landed down the stretch after winning a national title. They ended up with a Top 5 class that year. Yearby's one of the few blue-chip talents from your list who flipped from FSU, but they ended up with Dalvin f****** Cook. They pushed out Worton, but ended up with Rudolph and Lane. It's not even remotely a comparable situation.

We lost 15 last cycle from a class that always lacked premier talent outside of the once-outstanding RB group after one of the most embarrassing seasons in the history of the program. We ended up with a class ranked outside the Top 25.

Whatever 13 de commitments is still a lot regardless. Miami pushed out 6-7 commitments too but I guess those numbers don't count as much as FSU's huh?....
Miami pushed out
1. Jordan conkrite
2. Leeward Brown
3. Therrell gosier
4. Geron Christian
5. Bowman Archibald.
6. Emonne spence...
Yeah it was a lot but don't act like we didn't push kids out the class either... And then you had kids who were scared of competition like Lawson, Claude George. Or Drew galitz the kicker who decided to stay home or Kevin Feder who decided he wanted to play close to home as well. Scarlett went to UF because of his girl... Sh*t happens...

Chauncey Gardner
Dredrick Snelson
Keyshon Camp
Isaiah Johnson

QB. Treon Harris
RB. Joseph Yearby
FB. Kamryn Pettway
WR. Jacob McCray
WR. Markel Pack
WR. CJ Worton
WR. JoJo Robinson
WR. Ryan Sousa
WR. Javonte Seabury
DE. Dexter Wideman
DE. Blake McClain
DE. Denzel Ware
CB. JC Jackson

Whatever 13 de commitments is still a lot regardless. Miami pushed out 6-7 commitments too but I guess those numbers don't count as much as FSU's huh?....
Miami pushed out
1. Jordan conkrite
2. Leeward Brown
3. Therrell gosier
4. Geron Christian
5. Bowman Archibald.
6. Emonne spence...
Yeah it was a lot but don't act like we didn't push kids out the class either... And then you had kids who were scared of competition like Lawson, Claude George. Or Drew galitz the kicker who decided to stay home or Kevin Feder who decided he wanted to play close to home as well. Scarlett went to UF because of his girl... Sh*t happens...

Yeah, but youre failing to realize that the kids we lose are far more important to us than the ones FSU for example is losing. Them along with plenty other teams with key decommitments at least finished above .500.

Chauncey Gardner
Dredrick Snelson
Keyshon Camp
Isaiah Johnson

QB. Treon Harris
RB. Joseph Yearby
FB. Kamryn Pettway
WR. Jacob McCray
WR. Markel Pack
WR. CJ Worton
WR. JoJo Robinson
WR. Ryan Sousa
WR. Javonte Seabury
DE. Dexter Wideman
DE. Blake McClain
DE. Denzel Ware
CB. JC Jackson

Miami pushed out
1. Jordan conkrite
2. Leeward Brown
3. Therrell gosier
4. Geron Christian
5. Bowman Archibald.
6. Emonne spence...

Yeah, but youre failing to realize that the kids we lose are far more important to us than the ones FSU for example is losing. Them along with plenty other teams with key decommitments at least finished above .500.

I understand what yall are saying, just tired of hearing how many decommitments we had when part of the number is skewed quite a bit with all things being considered. Golden better win this year or he's out of here hopefully...

We are already at 9 decommits for the #SWAG16 class and it isn't even August yet.

Chauncey Gardner
Dredrick Snelson
Keyshon Camp
Amir Rasul
McArthur Burnett
Isaiah Johnson
Greg Simmons
Devin Gil
Walvenski Aime

The first five players in this list were obviously UM caliber. IIRC, we had something like 15-16 total for the 2015 class. We're going to shatter last year's record.

Advertisement
Back