2016 ATH Tyler Byrd talks about his commitment to UM

wish I could be excited about this class that has potential is be an absolute monster. Unfortunately, the combination of the flakiness of high school kids, and, more importantly, the pending changes coming (hopefully) at the end of the season from HC on down make it very difficult to see all or most of these kids sticking. This is why it was so vital to make the change at the conclusion of the 2014 season, so the new coach would have time to build relationships with these kids and hopefully be able to retain them. The fact that we will probably lose 5 games because of the staff won't help matters either

Advertisement
Byrd is a must get, top 3 corner in the nation, dont be fooled by rankings. The guy from Cali Troy Warner rounds out my top 4. He is also a major sleeper I feel Kaaya can do work on for us.

I think this class sticks. I think Big Al is here for another 2-3 years. There has to be something in this guy's contract that is allowing him to keep not only his job, but his coordinators and coaches. The only changes made are when the coaches leave for greener pastures. So, I'm done *****ing about the coaching. I just want the results on the field that we all want! Young man, welcome to the U! Let's go Canes!!

Refreshing comment.

Advertisement
Not trying to down this kid in any way and I'm glad we have him committed, but lets temper our expectations. J.C Jackson had a field day with him and this guy literally just quit on plays. I don't think I've seen that before, you can see it on the first play, Byrd in white.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLbJ9rwMcw8

Not trying to down this kid in any way and I'm glad we have him committed, but lets temper our expectations. J.C Jackson had a field day with him and this guy literally just quit on plays. I don't think I've seen that before, you can see it on the first play, Byrd in white.

He was only a sophomore....JC made alot players look silly.

I understand that, it was the way he just quit when he was still completely capable of tackling him at the least. Again, glad he is a commit I'd just temper expectations.

Advertisement

He was only a sophomore....JC made alot players look silly.

I understand that, it was the way he just quit when he was still completely capable of tackling him at the least. Again, glad he is a commit I'd just temper expectations.

That was actually pretty good coverage just a good throw and catch. he was a 10th grader playing varsity and was covering him well. he quit yes but he will learn and grow. get off the kid

Tyler certainly doesn't give up on plays at this point in his career. NHS's defense gave up more big runs than I've ever seen this last season, and Tyler would often walk kids down from the other side of the field, saving TDs. Tremendous top end speed.

Advertisement
I wanted JC Jackson so bad.

Byrd has taken a personal focus on just sticking to defense instead of both sides of the ball as often as he did earlier in his high school career. That play was a little disheartening but I'm sure he will be fine. Type of athletic corner Miami would always get.

JC was a bad man but UF is finding out he isn't a DB. I don't think he would have gotten on the field here at WR day 1. So maybe it was best he didn't come I guess.

JC was a bad man but UF is finding out he isn't a DB. I don't think he would have gotten on the field here at WR day 1. So maybe it was best he didn't come I guess.

How so? He hasn't even been healthy to show what he can do yet. Uf is trying to move him to offense because he would be their second best wr

Advertisement
Derek Tyson [MENTION=8658]derek[/MENTION]TysonESPN · 45m 45 minutes ago

#Canes commit (former Florida pledge) Tyler Byrd jumps from 110 up to No. 39.

He was only a sop****re....JC made alot players look silly.

I don't think you realize the difference between a high school senior and a high school sop****re. Generally, if the difference is big in college, it's way bigger in high school. You almost never want immature sop****res starting on your varsity team, especially at a physically demanding position like corner. Seniors just look different. I'm impressed that he could keep up with a near fully developed supreme athlete like JC.

Advertisement
Back