2015 Texas DT Daylon Mack gets Miami offer

View as article

Nash Williams

Freshman
Today, the Miami Hurricanes dipped into east Texas to offer 2015 standout defensive tackle Daylon Mack of Gladewater, Texas.

The six-foot-two 310-pounder released his top five today moments just before the 'Canes offered him. Along with Miami, Mack's list included Texas A&M, Texas, Clemson and Texas Tech.

Mack then tweeted: "Miami just offered and I am a happy camper. #Thankful #Blessed" (@DaylonMack)

"I got a call from my high school coach saying call coach Hurlie Brown and he extended the offer to me," Mack told me.

Mack, who is known for his strength and dominance on the field said, "It means a good deal to me. I already had Miami in my top five because of the relationship I had with coach Hurlie Brown. Now that they offered I am definitely considering them."

Miami obviously has a great deal of history with defensive tackles such as Cortez Kennedy, Warren Sapp and Vince Wilfork, to name a few, and Mack says that is one of the biggest things he likes about Miami.

"I love the tradition they had and all the DT's they had come out back in the day," said Mack.

Although, Daylon has yet to visit Coral Gables.

"I plan on visiting though. If not in the summer, I plan to visit sometime for their games," said Mack.

*Daylon has no highlights that I could find atleast, but enjoy this video of him squatting 605 pounds TEN TIMES. http://youtu.be/PD6iLfs-inw

*You can follow me on Twitter @NashSports

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Get him on campus and lets see what happens. Once again props to coach Hurlie Brown!

Your writing is improving, Nash Cash. I no longer want to punch you in the face while reading your stories. Good ****.

Was that video filmed with a Pop Tart?

Advertisement
He wanted to commit to A & M awhile back but his parents told him no and that he needed to check out other schools before he made such a big decision. The Miami interest is real and watch out for LSU if they offer. He will visit Texas on the 27

Texas used to be like a pipeline state. I am down with getting that flowing again.

Wasn't there a DT from Texas for this year's class we're after too?

Advertisement
He wanted to commit to A & M awhile back but his parents told him no and that he needed to check out other schools before he made such a big decision. The Miami interest is real and watch out for LSU if they offer. He will visit Texas on the 27

thank you so much for keeping us in the loop

Advertisement
Not to change the subject but, I see Treon Harris commited to FSU. If the others, Nigel and Thomas, follow then FSU has some serious influence at BTW. What'll that mean re Demetrius Jackson? The man had 2 sons grad UM and baby boy goes to FSU? Then I have to wonder Coach Harris's feeling towards the U too? Time will tell.

Advertisement
Not to change the subject but, I see Treon Harris commited to FSU. If the others, Nigel and Thomas, follow then FSU has some serious influence at BTW. What'll that mean re Demetrius Jackson? The man had 2 sons grad UM and baby boy goes to FSU? Then I have to wonder Coach Harris's feeling towards the U too? Time will tell.

Dude... are you ******* serious??? We have already established on here that harris cant stand golden and miami after his boy randy was shown the door and his ***** *** didnt get the coaching job on goldens staff he was demanding, guys a ***** and can kiss my ***

anyone with inside information on this is at BTW high school

anyone with inside information on this is at BTW high school

Nah man, we are all on that inside info ****, we just don't talk about it.

great topic. surprised this hasn't come up already.

Advertisement
Back