2015 RB Cronkrite Unsure of Miami Commitment

Status
Not open for further replies.
View as article
Heres how Cronk (and imo the real problems his friends and mentors) need to see it is with more competition it helps him get better. Cronk will have to say "ok let me learn to pass block better, let me be a great receiving back and try to show NFL team I have sick hands, try to kill it on st and know when I show the coaches I can do all the little things I will get the **** ball". Problem is some guys don't see the big picture and if/when he does finally see the big picture he'll realize he can do so many things and also save his body for the pros and that's what every rb should want.

Jordan Cronkrite can't show the NFL anything if he doesn't PLAY. Go somewhere where you are going to get playing time first and foremost.

So he can't get that here? I said this whole time that if a rb can really catch the ball, pass block and does all the little things he will play unless we have 3 NFL starters on this team who teams are drooling over and somehow they're all that much better then Cronk he will play

He is trying to get at the fact that he doesn't see Cronkrite ever seeing the field "not good enough to play at Miami". Although i don't feel he is really stellar @ RB. He is talented enough. That if he doesn't win our see as much game time there. He does have to option to switch to defense.

i think you can play all 4 in different variety of ways and when they leave they cqan kill it at the combine, in training camps, preseasons and so and on so forth. Now if he does the little things then he'll make it on any of the 32 teams in the league guaranteed so right now it's just about does he have the mindset for it because I don't believe he doesn't think he can play here no way

Advertisement
The []_[];1922782 said:
I know cronk personally, he wants to be at UM that's why he committed so early. He just feels that maybe this isn't the best opportunity to make it to the next level. That maybe he'll be forgotten behind some of the other backs. If he were to go to let's say West Virginia on the other hand, He may be their premier back. All this being said, He wants to be in Miami and it should be easy for the coaches to keep him here

So if he goes to WVU he won't have to worry about competition because that school will stop recruiting talented backs as long
as he is on the roster?
Makes sense.
The **** folks feed to these kids.

I don't think anyone is saying that.. The kid probably has dreams of making it to the league..making good money, winning the heisman and other cfb awards.. Much better opportunity to do all of that if he isn't competing with 3 other top 10 backs in his class..the #4 back in the country a year ahead of him, and more backs in 16 &17 classes.. The kid deserves the right to check his options if he was told there would be two backs in the class..if he chooses to stay then great, more respect to him but this isn't about loving the u this is about making the best choice for his future. I'd have my kid check his options too.

If he does have all of those aspirations that you cite, then he will have to go to a big-time program, and at all of those big-time they will be recruiting
big-time backs every year.
The earth doesn't stop spinning once you sign with a school.
If anything, one needs to worry about succeeding recruiting cycles because 1-2 years after you sign, if they find a back equally or more talented,
they will go with him, especially if he is a local.
So why bother worrying about how many other backs will be in your class?
It is a stupid logic (if that is what is being fed to him).

The []_[];1922782 said:
I know cronk personally, he wants to be at UM that's why he committed so early. He just feels that maybe this isn't the best opportunity to make it to the next level. That maybe he'll be forgotten behind some of the other backs. If he were to go to let's say West Virginia on the other hand, He may be their premier back. All this being said, He wants to be in Miami and it should be easy for the coaches to keep him here

So if he goes to WVU he won't have to worry about competition because that school will stop recruiting talented backs as long
as he is on the roster?
Makes sense.
The **** folks feed to these kids.

I don't think anyone is saying that.. The kid probably has dreams of making it to the league..making good money, winning the heisman and other cfb awards.. Much better opportunity to do all of that if he isn't competing with 3 other top 10 backs in his class..the #4 back in the country a year ahead of him, and more backs in 16 &17 classes.. The kid deserves the right to check his options if he was told there would be two backs in the class..if he chooses to stay then great, more respect to him but this isn't about loving the u this is about making the best choice for his future. I'd have my kid check his options too.

If he does have all of those aspirations that you cite, then he will have to go to a big-time program, and at all of those big-time they will be recruiting
big-time backs every year.
The earth doesn't stop spinning once you sign with a school.
If anything, one needs to worry about succeeding recruiting cycles because 1-2 years after you sign, if they find a back equally or more talented,
they will go with him, especially if he is a local.
So why bother worrying about how many other backs will be in your class?
It is a stupid logic (if that is what is being fed to him).

Too many unknowns. Duke and Yearby decisions and performance. The unknown of some future elite RB that could come 2016 our 2017 and take everyone's lunch money and never look back. Cronkrite could come in here and steal the spot himself, and down the road Scarlett our Williams transfer.

Heres how Cronk (and imo the real problems his friends and mentors) need to see it is with more competition it helps him get better. Cronk will have to say "ok let me learn to pass block better, let me be a great receiving back and try to show NFL team I have sick hands, try to kill it on st and know when I show the coaches I can do all the little things I will get the **** ball". Problem is some guys don't see the big picture and if/when he does finally see the big picture he'll realize he can do so many things and also save his body for the pros and that's what every rb should want.

Jordan Cronkrite can't show the NFL anything if he doesn't PLAY. Go somewhere where you are going to get playing time first and foremost.

So he can't get that here? I said this whole time that if a rb can really catch the ball, pass block and does all the little things he will play unless we have 3 NFL starters on this team who teams are drooling over and somehow they're all that much better then Cronk he will play

Bruh, I understand what you're saying, but it's gonna be tough to play at Miami at RB. WR is different you can load up on WR's all day, but they only used Duke and Crawford in important games, OT & Gus didn't really see the field unless it was an injury or garbage time. Unless he shines in camp and is THE GUY, he won't get many oppertunities to show NFL scouts.

Them saying we are going to use all 3 backs sounds like BS they are mainly gonna run 2 guys (and sparingly a 3rd) like every major college team (Bama, UGA, S.Car, Ect).

Bruh, I understand what you're saying, but it's gonna be tough to play at Miami at RB. WR is different you can load up on WR's all day, but they only used Duke and Crawford in important games, OT & Gus didn't really see the field unless it was an injury or garbage time. Unless he shines in camp and is THE GUY, he won't get many oppertunities to show NFL scouts.

Them saying we are going to use all 3 backs sounds like BS they are mainly gonna run 2 guys (and sparingly a 3rd) like every major college team (Bama, UGA, S.Car, Ect).

Miami fan reads that recruit reads the board then posts multiple reasons why the recruit shouldn't come to Miami. Sounds legit.

Advertisement

Good advice Cronk is getting. UM has had a lot of trouble getting players drafted and noticed by the NFL the last 25 years.

I'm not close to the situation so can't really comment on most of this.

All I know is that the people around Miami really like Cronkrite. He has the mental approach and physical skillset they look for.

I don't have any sympathy for these kids, really. It's the internet and social media age and love it or hate it, it's the way it is. I don't personally knock these kids because, well I am an adult, but you will always have outliers and jackoffs that spoil it for the decent people. Same as guys like Keef Bryant ruins it for kids like Jaquan Johnson, or guys of the ilk. Oh ****ing well, really. Sadly, it's just become a part of society.

Oh and.....Jordan, don't leave.

And it's not like tough fans are exclusive to UM. In fact, they're a lot tougher and nastier in areas where there is more focus on football than there is with UM fans. If these dudes are getting their feelings hurt by the classy UM fan base what will they do when they start getting death threats at some redneck SEC school?

Dudes act like UM fans are the only ones who say dumb **** on the internet. The internet is 99 percent stupid **** and rumors. That's everywhere not just here.

Agreed that they are only gonna use 2 backs... But Cronkite will be in the top 2

Advertisement

Crawford, OT and Gus aren't the backs that these 4 are naturally and none of those 3 were good enough to really take touches away from Duke. This group is stud like and if they all bust their asses they will all be better then the rbs we have except for Duke obviously. Sad thing though is what you said can be used as a way to get to Cronks head

Miami fan reads that recruit reads the board then posts multiple reasons why the recruit shouldn't come to Miami. Sounds legit.

I remember Maurice catching a lot of flak from myself and others back when Cronkrite committed because he was obnoxious about his belief that Cronk isn't very good. He's pretty much alone on an island with that ridiculous stance, but that's probably why he's posting reasons why he shouldn't come to Miami.

Edit: Here's the thread I'm talking about - http://www.canesinsight.com/threads/75115-Cronkrite-to-Miami/page7

Last edited:
I'd love for Cronkrite to be a Cane, regardless of wht happens with Walton.

He might not be better overall than Walton, but he has better burst. That goes a long way.

People doubting this kid are lunatics. I can reiterate what D$ posted because one of my friends on the staff (I actually sent him Jordan's junior tape before he got his offer to make sure they were on him) says they absolutely love Cronk. That being said I think Jordan might be selling himself short here. He's as good if not better than Scarlett, Dexter or Walton. He keeps putting in the work that he is and he'll be getting plenty of snaps the moment he steps foot on campus. Its easy to doubt and think you'll be lost in the shuffle but once you get on campus the best players are the ones who are going to play. He keeps up what he's doing and he'll be just fine.

Advertisement
I didn't say he wasn't good, I said "He Will Not Start for the University of Miami at RB if all the backs stay committed" because I think they are all all better than he is.

And I said he will be the next Mike James (who didn't start until senior year)

What's wrong with saying that?

I didn't say he wasn't good, I said "He Will Not Start for the University of Miami at RB if all the backs stay committed" because I think they are all all better than he is.

Cronkrite is more talented than Mike James.

Because fans are fanatics and the future players are always viewed better than they really are. Just look at the Scarlett thread, he was a joke and overrated. Now that he is a Cane, posters are saying he is the second coming of Willis. As long as Cronkite is a Cane he is the man. Once he decommits, if he does I should have said, then that tune wil change. Same exact thing happened with Yearby last year. People said that he wasn't even a Miami caliber player when he was committed to FSU. On the same note people were hailing D Turner as a diamond in the rough because of his impressive highlights, which in reality was him running a 9 route and getting very separation or YAC.

Advertisement

Please explain what you see in Mark Walton since you think he is the best RB out of everyone, as of right now your scouting seems a little flawed IMO at least when it comes to RB... The fact that you degraded Mike James and he actually looked very good when he started in the NFL lead many of us to believe you have no idea what your talking about

Last edited:

YOu might wanna go back and look at Mike James HS highlight tape... Cronkite still has another year...but James tape looks better

Jordan C. (@JC_Knows)
8/3/14, 1:24 PM
Shut up. Plain and simple

Download the official Twitter app here

Seems to have more burst, top end speed, and wiggle then James ever had. Reminds me a little of Gio Bernard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back