2015 RB Cronkrite Unsure of Miami Commitment

Status
Not open for further replies.
View as article

Tito Benach

Staff Writer
Premium
With 3 running backs currently sitting in the Miami Hurricanes 2015 recruiting class, 2015 Westminster (Fla.) running back Jordan Cronkrite wouldn’t label himself as a solid commit.

“I gotta meet with the coaches to talk about some things, talk about the future and what’s going to happen.”

The 5’11 196 pound running back has been in contact with other schools including South Carolina, West Virginia and Florida.

Cronkrite is looking forward to speaking with the coaches and is looking for his questions regarding the other running backs in the class to be answered.

“Just to see what they’re going to do with running back situation and just see what happens from there.”

The Westminster product has no visits set up until during the season where he will be able to catch a couple Hurricane games.

Cronkrite, like many, was surprised with the recent news of Hurlie Browns switch to Linebackers coach and Ice Harris move as the new Running Backs coach. Cronkrite is familiar with Harris’ reputation at the high school level.

“I met him when I went to the school one time, he clearly knows what he’s talking about and he knows how to win. I don’t know much about him besides what he did at Booker T.”

*Will not be attending U Day due to a school function.

Advertisement
Really hope we can keep Cronkite! He's a beast ! Staff needs settle this situation and try to keep all 3

If I remember correctly, I believe Token Cane mentioned on these boards before that Cronkrite was concerned Walton would get preferential treatment (i.e. first crack at playing time) because he's a pipeline kid. Hiring Walton's former HS coach as the new RB coach may heighten those concerns.

I'd hate to lose Cronkrite, so hopefully this all gets worked out.

If I remember correctly, I believe Token Cane mentioned on these boards before that Cronkrite was concerned Walton would get preferential treatment (i.e. first crack at playing time) because he's a pipeline kid. Hiring Walton's former HS coach as the new RB coach may heighten those concerns.

I'd hate to lose Cronkrite, so hopefully this all gets worked out.

I did mention that because that is what people are trying to put into his head. He spoke with Ice yesterday for about 10 minutes.

Advertisement
I wonder if there are times when these interviews are counterproductive.

Advertisement
I'll be honest, I'm happy Ice is taking over the RB spot, the guy knows how to win. I'm sure his recruiting won't hurt either. I'm also happy Hurlie is going back on Defense where he's been working most of the time, we need his help there. Sorry to see Barrow take some time off, he will be missed, hopefully he makes it back.

Last edited:
I trust the Tie and all the coaches. If he sits down with Al Golden, Ice Harris and Hurlie Brown then still decommits then I can live with that. What I can't stand is the ones that decommit without even talking to the coaches first and listening to rumors.

You got one thread with title "...unsure of his commitment..." and the other, for the same position, that is entitled "...ready to compete...".

Seems to say it all to me.

Advertisement
Seems like the young man comes up with an excuse every interview..of course I'd love to have him as a cane but cmon man just decommit already if all these questions are weighing on you so much..otherwise come ready to bring that lunch pail and compete! The title of the Scarlett article up on the site from the other day states it all.. "..Jordan Scarlett is ready to COMPETE"..no favorites while Goldens on the clock, you either practice and prep hard or you don't see the field. Simple

I don't blame the kid for taking a step back and making sure he's doing the right thing. If he decides to stick, he's going to get a fair shake, got no doubts about that.

Dexter seemed to be ready to leave us as well and look at him now. When he talks to the coaches we will then see but this isn't ike a regular class I mean keeping 4 rbs and top rbs committed is extremely hard so I wont rip JC right now

Advertisement
If JC don't wanna compete bounce that's says a lot about a kid and how good he himself believes he is , scarlett knows he's good enough to beat anybody out

South Carolina? Now I know the kid is ******* stupid. Look what Spurrier did to Lattimore, that was a gat **** shame. He'd consider going to a school that will leave him with a permanent disability than to come here and play with a stable of running backs? Do these kids not watch the NFL? We had 4 guys all have 7+ year NFL careers and multiple pro bowls between. Do your homework son.

South Carolina? Now I know the kid is ****ing stupid. Look what Spurrier did to Lattimore, that was a gat **** shame. He'd consider going to a school that will leave him with a permanent disability than to come here and play with a stable of running backs? Do these kids not watch the NFL? We had 4 guys all have 7+ year NFL careers and multiple pro bowls between. Do your homework son.

Not sure if serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back