2015 QB Gibson has Miami offer and interested

View as article

Nash Williams

Freshman
2015 Quarterback Torrance Gibson knows what it's like to stand out. At 6'4 and 195-pounds, the American Heritage-Plantation star has that perfect frame that you would want as a coach. This along with his athletic ability and throwing mechanics make him a highly coveted prospect in the Sunshine State.

While Senior Tyler Cogswell (A Cincinnati signee) got most of the snaps with the first team offense this past season, Gibson still left his mark on every game. Gibson's dual-threat abilities gave the Patriots offense a different element to their already dangerous offense. Gibson made good use of his feet as he ran for 227-yards and five-touchdowns on a mere 15-carries.

Al Golden and company offered the rising prospect at a Junior Day in early February. Since then, Gibson has gotten offers from Notre Dame and Ohio State to go along with his first offer from Boston College which he received during his Freshman year.

"I'm making sure to visit all those schools. Miami is the only one I have visited so far though." said Gibson.

One of those visits to Miami was at last Saturday's spring game.

Gibson spent most of his time on the field at the Safety position this past season, but he did still manage to throw for four-touchdowns and 271-yards.

The key factors in his decision is "Academics, relationship with the coach, and campus life."

Having seen Torrance play twice last year I can tell you this, even with limited snaps, he still made game-changing plays every time the ball was in his hands.

With his teammate Sony Michel expected to commit soon I asked Torrance on where he felt Sony was leaning he said "No idea." It was worth a shot wasn't it?

Here is Torrance Gibson's highlight tape: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eDJKMGyIN6c

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 14
Advertisement
Interesting talent. Want to see this kid and see how he performs as the fulltime QB. He definitely will have the weapons around him.

Thanks Nash. This guy impressed as a quarterback at the Golden Camp last year. Looking forward to see if he can take American Heritage to the next level.

Man He has got some serious wheels reminds me of RGIII or Vick...I hope he can throw...

is he an athlete or QB??? Well if Notre Dame offered got to be a QB

Man He has got some serious wheels reminds me of RGIII or Vick...I hope he can throw...

QB but he can play WR or S. I hope we offer his teammate Tavarus McFadden soon, both are studs

Advertisement

QB but he can play WR or S. I hope we offer his teammate Tavarus McFadden soon, both are studs

Definitely agree on McFadden. The kid is the real deal. He came into Heritage as a QB and will be the back up this year.

As far as Gibson, I believe he will be regarded as one of the top qb's in the state by the end of the year. He is a great competitor and will have his shot to do just that. Heritage has a tough schedule ( Central, Jackson, etc.) this year so he will get to prove himself.

He is very accurate and has good anticipation. He is also part of the fastest 4x100 in the country this year with (sony, isaiah mckenzie and jeremy strains)

Definitely agree on McFadden. The kid is the real deal. He came into Heritage as a QB and will be the back up this year.

As far as Gibson, I believe he will be regarded as one of the top qb's in the state by the end of the year. He is a great competitor and will have his shot to do just that. Heritage has a tough schedule ( Central, Jackson, etc.) this year so he will get to prove himself.

He is very accurate and has good anticipation. He is also part of the fastest 4x100 in the country this year with (sony, isaiah mckenzie and jeremy strains)

Do you know McFadden and Gibsons forties? & Yeah I heard about the track record

I really do enjoy these interviews and write ups about kids we are actually recruiting

Advertisement

Do you know McFadden and Gibsons forties? & Yeah I heard about the track record

McFadden is in the high 4.4s. I dont know Gibson's time.

"Technically" he will be considered an ATH but the Miami offer is at QB so he is a QB.

I really do enjoy these interviews and write ups about kids we are actually recruiting

You don't like Tex's updates on kids were not recruiting or looking at committing to other schools?????

To all... Sam Mucipher (sp) was offered and actively recruited by Miami. Only when the Canes landed the big guys did their interest in Sam fade. In fact, I believe CIS ran a feature story on him a while back. He was very interested in UM at the time. Miami offers and recruits many kids from all over the country, not just from Florida. My update just closed the books on one of them. Expect more. I would encourage "headline fans" not to read my posts. The more sophisticated fans don't want to hear your whining over headlines.

Tex

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back