Advertisement
We only lose one starter after this year. I know depth isnt quite there yet, but there is no reason not to have pretty high expectations for next year (ACC Champs).

Next year I expect our defense to be at least mediocre.

The season will hinge on Morris's development (or lack thereof).

Advertisement
RB Duke Johnson JR
RB Alex Collins SO
RB Sony Michel FR
RB Dalvin Cooke FR

that would be sick...

Miami goes 9-3 or better in 2013, but probably 9-3.

Start the 2014 season ranked around 15, and either go 11-1 or 12-0.

With strong 2013 and 2014 recruiting classes, Golden leads Miami to another dynasty.

If we don't choke, we should win the coastal this year. So I'm pretty sure expecting a ACC championship next year isn't unreasonable.

We'll be seeing an experienced team with three years under the coaching staff, a senior QB, and more infusion of impact talent (especially with AJL/Matthew Thomas/Burns/Carter/the two TEs, and hopefully a JUCO DT if we god loves us Toby Johnson).

Don't know how big of a step this defensive line can take in one year, but if they somehow get to serviceable, with the back 7 we will have, god dammit the ACC better prepare thy ****.

And then 2014?

Golden's machine will be loaded for a title run, sanctions and all

I'm drinking the kool aid, and it tastes **** good.

University+Miami+Introduces+New+Head+Football+y_jaBanVZekl.jpg

Advertisement
2014?
It's more like 2013. In 2014 we will be defending our ACC title with what is projected to be a very deep roster.

But make no mistake 2013 is the year. VT, FSU, NCState will be breaking in new QBs while we'll have a SR. Yes I'm predicting Logan Thomas goes pro.

Have you seen a single publication or source for this? What on earth would make him, or anyone who's advising him think, that he's ready for the NFL? He's marginally better than Stephen Morris, at best.

Put it this way, he's more ready to go pro after this season than any of our underclassmen that went pro early after last season.
He is the new type of breed at QB that the NFL covets. And considering it looks like it will be a down year at QB in this upcoming draft class it would make more sense for him to leave early than to stick around VT another year with the same mediocre WR's and OLINE that are bringing him down.

In 2014 I expect to be breaking in a first time starter at QB.

Dewey/Crow will be RS Sophomores and Olsen will probably be a RS Freshmen.

With a strong finish to this recruiting class, ideally a couple JuCo DL, Morris improving in another offseason with Fisch and our young guys with a full year of UTough, I think we can make a run next season.

lolz at all these mofos calling for 12-0 in 2014. this is the exact same **** we saw in 2008. we dont know what we'll have in 2014. we do know that it will be a new QB and if its Ryan williams....good luck

Advertisement
Next year I expect our defense to be at least mediocre.

The season will hinge on Morris's development (or lack thereof).

this. we still have a huge question mark at quarterback and until someone proves that they can manage a game, that's how it'll stay. ****, if one of the other 3 quarterbacks on the roster has a noodle arm deep ball but can throw short routes on the money, it'll be a marked improvement.

this is our year. if we are not good in 2014 then we know what Golden is. Could be a monster team....

QB Ryan Williams R-SR
QB Kevin Olsen R-FR
QB Preston Dewey R-SO

RB Duke Johnson JR
RB Alex Collins SO
RB Sony Michel FR
RB Dalvin Cooke FR

WR Phillip Dorsett SR
WR Rashawn Scott SR
WR Angelo Jean-Louis SO
WR Malcolm Lewis R-SO
WR Robert Lockhart JR
WR Herb Waters JR
WR Stacy Coley SO
WR Ermon Lane FR

TE Standish Dobard SO
TE Travis Johnson SO
TE Clive Walford R-SR
TE Jeremy Kerr R-FR

G Jonathan Feliciano R-SR
C Shane McDermott R-SR
T Ereck Flowers JR
G Denver Kirkland R-FR
T Malcolm Bunche R-SR
G Danny Isidora R-SO
OL KC McDermott FR
T Trevor Darling FR

DE Tyriq McCord JR
DE Anthony Chickillo SR
DE Jelani Hamilton JR
DE Tim Williams R-FR
DE Chad Thomas FR

DT Toby Johnson SR
DT Keith Bryant SO
DT Earl Moore JR
DT Dequan Ivery JR
DT Olsen Pierre SR
DT Jaynard Bostwick R-FR

LB Denzel Perryman SR
LB Raphael Kirby JR
LB Matthew Thomas SO
LB Eddie Johnson R-JR
LB Gionni Paul SR
LB Gabe Terry JR
LB Jermaine Grace R-FR

CB Tracy Howard JR
CB Ladarius Gunter R-SR
CB Artie Burns SO
CB Antonio Crawford JR
CB Thomas Finnie SR
CB Larry Hope R-SO

S Deon Bush JR
S Jamal Carter SO
S Rayshawn Jenkins JR
S Ray Lewis III R-FR
S Quincy Wilson FR

our RB, LB, WR and DB units have the potential to be ridiculous.

Granted, I'm being overly optimistic of some players being on the roster (Toby Johnson, Stacy Coley)

If this becomes reality...we are stacked at that point...and we will be in the 'ship!

Advertisement
Just need a QB.

Hopefully Olsen or Dewey can be that guy.

I believe Olsen can be that guy and keep the offense moving as a redshirt Freshman. He will have had time in the system, should be stronger and bigger than we gets on campus.

Lot of wishful thinking in that roster...

Cant really say how we will look but agree we will know what Golden is about by that time

Coley, Johnson, Wilson

The rest is **** realistic imo

Wilson is realistic if we offer.

Dude is begging to be a Cane.

Not sure what's going on there.

Methinks the staff wants to see him perform in games. Has looked great in camps and 7-on7s, but his soph "highlights" were not worthy of the name. Patience.

Advertisement
Back