2014 Top 100 QB David Cornwell got offered

David Cornwell = Jimmy Clausen (who was also 19 his senior year of HS). Clausen's family had money, so they were able to pull strings and get the waiver completed, and without much media attention to it. We'll see if Cornwell is the next big time recruit to do the same.

And for those wondering, yes, this changes how I look at him. Just like Brisly Estime from the 2013 cycle. Similar, but different based upon their positions.

Brandon Weeden was 28...Wienke was 28

who cares
I think he means more a grown man in HS competing against non-full grown kids. Weinke and Weeden played same aged kids in HS

So the 1 or 2 years difference is what would stop me from evaluating the kids skill set? Pardon me if I think that's ridiculous. BTW, I'm almost certain that Chris Leak was older than his competition in High School as well. In the grand scheme of things, it really doesn't matter. If a guy can ball...he can ball

Wasn't my quote chief, but a 19 against 16 is nothing like a 22 against 19 IMO. And again he play small school ball in oklahoma, he's the biggest guy on the entire field some games. I wouldn't crown him quite yet......

Advertisement
Wouldnt the same principal apply when he becomes an upper classman? Hed be older and more developed than anyone in the college game then correct? And judging by his tape, ill take his skill set along with that frame no matter how old he is

David Cornwell = Jimmy Clausen (who was also 19 his senior year of HS). Clausen's family had money, so they were able to pull strings and get the waiver completed, and without much media attention to it. We'll see if Cornwell is the next big time recruit to do the same.

And for those wondering, yes, this changes how I look at him. Just like Brisly Estime from the 2013 cycle. Similar, but different based upon their positions.

who cares
I think he means more a grown man in HS competing against non-full grown kids. Weinke and Weeden played same aged kids in HS

So the 1 or 2 years difference is what would stop me from evaluating the kids skill set? Pardon me if I think that's ridiculous. BTW, I'm almost certain that Chris Leak was older than his competition in High School as well. In the grand scheme of things, it really doesn't matter. If a guy can ball...he can ball

Wasn't my quote chief, but a 19 against 16 is nothing like a 22 against 19 IMO. And again he plays mallschol, he's the biggest guy on hte entire field some games.

I just don't really care, especially when it pertains to QB's.

who cares

Wasn't my quote chief, but a 19 against 16 is nothing like a 22 against 19 IMO. And again he plays mallschol, he's the biggest guy on hte entire field some games.

I just don't really care, especially when it pertains to QB's.

Fair enough, it's a moot point, he's likely not ciming here anyhow. Okie St offered today and he has a visit set up to Bama, but he's not a program maker IMO. I watched him play in HS

Last edited:
Miami’s spring practice scheduled stretches from March 2nd through April 13th, so Cornwell wants to be in Coral Gables during that window.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back