2014 QB Chase Litton releases an early top 3

Advertisement
Wow after reading Litton's brothers comments. You mention your brother and other good athletes feel a sense of entitlement and that it is the county's fault for charging juveniles as adults. Well for years those same kids who committed serious crimes such as your brother's would become serial offenders becuase they knew they would get a slap on the rist then be back on the street and when they turned 18 their records where sealed. So alot gangs such "felony Lane" would use young members to commit the worst crime. Case in point a father in kissimmee, fl with his 4 yr old daughter was car jacked at gun point by two 16 yr olds. They knew he had child and picked him anyway. Which brings me back to your brother if I am not mistaken didn't your brothers crime spreee take place between christmas and New years. So let me get this right he went in to peoples homes during the biggest holiday of the year to take the steal what some have saved all year and now attached a sentimental value to. Not to mention the trama of being robbed on holiday. Also did he stay in the car and as a look out or was he an active participant who physically entered someone home looking at their faces in family photos and seeing thier christmas triming. But your right Chase was instilled with strong family values that just poof disappeared for a week at Christmas time. Leaving the victimised families to say Sorry kids your stuff is gone but here is referral to a famiky therapist for a few years to help you through it.

Now lets discuss pennants for this crime, you said your brother has to explain it every time he visits a schools and gets recruited, who should thank god he still has the opportunity to still explain it to anyone. How many other kids get 1 strike and they are done NoOne will listen, your brother has 8 of them spread over a few days. I have seen some of his interviews and he doesn't cime off as remorseful but rather mre annoyed at having to discuss why he wouldn't be a good role to lead university's football team. Now you kniw what would have stopped all these questions , he could have said in just 1 interview over the last year and half (mind you) I have done 1000 hours of community service consisting 250 hr working with habit for humanity building people a home since i violated the sanctuary of peoples homes, i have spent 500 hours speaking to at risk youth about makng the righ choice, and 250 hrs assisting the homeless because my actions coud make me unemployable. And over my college career i plan to put in additional 1000 hr over 5 years mentoring at risk youth if I am given the chance to play on scholarship. Now those are the actions and statements of young man who is remorseful, that wants to be a leader and has been given good guidance by the people around him.

To whom much is given, much is expected. An before any says a 1000 hours of community service in 1 1/2 yrs is to much to do okay lets break it down he was arrested Jan 8, 2012. Lets say 2 weeks to get his legal defense together. Then he can start community service the last week of Jan 5 hrs during the week and 10hrs on weekend. Then stating from Feb 5 hrs during the week & 15 hrs on the weekend for a total of 20hrs per week equaling roughly 90hrs per calendar month Feb to May equaling 360hr. Then during the summer he could have done 40 hrs per week for the months totaling 400hr . Then in the fall cut back 10 hrs a week. So its do able over that time.

Then there would be no need for you to defend your little brother becuase he would have handled his business and every school in the country would be beating down his door. The good thing is its no totally to late if he gets on a modified version of what i mentioned he can knock out about 300-400hrs this summer and another 100hr during the fall with understanding that he would put in 1000 hrs over 5 yrs where he went to school. I am thinking that 180 degree change would do the trick to getting people interested. Good luck to him and your family

Go Canes

http://www.tampabay.com/hometeam/blog/two-wharton-athletes-arrested/12777/

Last edited:
I don't mind giving second chances, but would prefer our quota criminals be on D not under center. All our NC qbs were smart, goody-2-shoes, take home to daddy types. Unfortunately, this young man already showed bad judgement. If the coaching staff wants to take a shot with him, ok, but this is not Randy's staff. We are getting thick at qb now and then don't transfer away even when pushed that way.

Sorry, I understand people should get second chances, especially kids, but I def don't want this kid as our QB.

Got no respect for thieves.

QB is supposed to be a leader, not a follower(robbing houses with his buddy unless, it was his idea in which that is even worse[horrible decision making does not = a good QB])

I do appreciate his brother coming on here and handling everything the right way, and straightening this thing up for us. Thank you for that.

unfortunately, after the laptopgate fiasco, theft was probably the worst possible thing one could have in his past. al has gone down that road, and it bit him in the ***.
I would be surprised if AG knowingly does it again for anyone less than a top recruit, if ever.

Advertisement
dude you just said your going to defend your brother from people hiding behind keyboards........... key words being hiding behind keyboards i dont understand your premise. i really do like your bro as a prospect and i can believe he wont do it again but college is a business if you walk into Walmart with a job app and say you got arrested for robbery they will throw your app in the trash but enough of that I know a lot of dudes in sofl that only got one chance so seeing it again isnt a surprise i wish i could say we live in a perfect world where if he had two more star by his name we wouldnt even be talking about this but we dont

Wow after reading Litton's brothers comments. You mention your brother and other good athletes feel a sense of entitlement and that it is the county's fault for charging juveniles as adults. Well for years those same kids who committed serious crimes such as your brother's would become serial offenders becuase they knew they would get a slap on the rist then be back on the street and when they turned 18 their records where sealed. So alot gangs such "felony Lane" would use young members to commit the worst crime. Case in point a father in kissimmee, fl with his 4 yr old daughter was car jacked at gun point by two 16 yr olds. They knew he had child and picked him anyway. Which brings me back to your brother if I am not mistaken didn't your brothers crime spreee take place between christmas and New years. So let me get this right he went in to peoples homes during the biggest holiday of the year to take the steal what some have saved all year and now attached a sentimental value to. Not to mention the trama of being robbed on holiday. Also did he stay in the car and as a look out or was he an active participant who physically entered someone home looking at their faces in family photos and seeing thier christmas triming. But your right Chase was instilled with strong family values that just poof disappeared for a week at Christmas time. Leaving the victimised families to say Sorry kids your stuff is gone but here is referral to a famiky therapist for a few years to help you through it.

Now lets discuss pennants for this crime, you said your brother has to explain it every time he visits a schools and gets recruited, who should thank god he still has the opportunity to still explain it to anyone. How many other kids get 1 strike and they are done NoOne will listen, your brother has 8 of them spread over a few days. I have seen some of his interviews and he doesn't cime off as remorseful but rather mre annoyed at having to discuss why he wouldn't be a good role to lead university's football team. Now you kniw what would have stopped all these questions , he could have said in just 1 interview over the last year and half (mind you) I have done 1000 hours of community service consisting 250 hr working with habit for humanity building people a home since i violated the sanctuary of peoples homes, i have spent 500 hours speaking to at risk youth about makng the righ choice, and 250 hrs assisting the homeless because my actions coud make me unemployable. And over my college career i plan to put in additional 1000 hr over 5 years mentoring at risk youth if I am given the chance to play on scholarship. Now those are the actions and statements of young man who is remorseful, that wants to be a leader and has been given good guidance by the people around him.

To whom much is given, much is expected. An before any says a 1000 hours of community service in 1 1/2 yrs is to much to do okay lets break it down he was arrested Jan 8, 2012. Lets say 2 weeks to get his legal defense together. Then he can start community service the last week of Jan 5 hrs during the week and 10hrs on weekend. Then stating from Feb 5 hrs during the week & 15 hrs on the weekend for a total of 20hrs per week equaling roughly 90hrs per calendar month Feb to May equaling 360hr. Then during the summer he could have done 40 hrs per week for the months totaling 400hr . Then in the fall cut back 10 hrs a week. So its do able over that time.

Then there would be no need for you to defend your little brother becuase he would have handled his business and every school in the country would be beating down his door. The good thing is its no totally to late if he gets on a modified version of what i mentioned he can knock out about 300-400hrs this summer and another 100hr during the fall with understanding that he would put in 1000 hrs over 5 yrs where he went to school. I am thinking that 180 degree change would do the trick to getting people interested. Good luck to him and your family

Go Canes

Let me guess, your "that" guy that post a old newspaper article about a 15 year old that made a mistake, just curious if you will post Olsens law breaking incident. Love to hear your double standard comment on this one....

From a guy who was arrested numerous times from 18-20 yrs old. And now 15 years later has a great family of my own and own and run a few million a yr. business. Kids make mistake and do rebound, with family support.

@srvfla14 There is already a thread about what Olsen allegedly did, he has not be charged or had his day in court yet. Did you see Olsen behind the wheel actually driving drunk, who is to say it wasn't just an accident. Which it actually is not to mention Olsen turned himself the next day there wasn't an order of arrest issued for him, notice the big difference. Olsen will pay his fine and move on possibly with some community service and the case is closed as far as Jersey is concerned, and I trust Al Golden is already laying out the conduct action plan for young Mr. Olsen. But Again you are a comparing Apples to Oranges with the only commonality being they are fruit in the produce section of the store, their not even on the same stand.

I also notice you completely left out the parts about paying pennants in order to demonstrate remorse while making amends in order to show character an that this would be an isolated incident. Wow talk about selective reading, you sir have some issues. Reminder as a society there is no point in having a graduated penal code if ultimately the mechanism to regain most , if not all of your societal privileges is not viable. Hence why I mentioned the severe level of reparations of 2,000 community service hours spread out over 6 years. That would get him a clean slate in any ones book.

Nice try though srvfla14 to kick dirt on my point with first post on this forum; but back to the Original Topic this is about Chase Litton not Olsen.

Go Canes!

Last edited:
Advertisement

Go Canes

Let me guess, your "that" guy that post a old newspaper article about a 15 year old that made a mistake, just curious if you will post Olsens law breaking incident. Love to hear your double standard comment on this one....

Please don't compare breaking into people's homes and stealing to leaving the scene of an accident where no one was hurt.

Yes Olsen may have been drinking and driving(which has not been proven yet and is never a good idea) just like many on this board do every weekend, but it doesn't compare to being a **** thief.

It wasn't my intention to come on to this message board and try and get people to feel sorry for Chase, nor was it my intention to try and justify what he did. My family and Chase know the seriousness of his actions. And to everyone else on here talking about how poor decision making and playing quarterback don't go hand in hand, you are completely correct. He is well aware that his mistake has forever altered his career as a football player and as a young man. He has been told by plenty of college coaches that they have no interest in him based solely on his off the field issue. He has accepted that and moved on, and continues to seek the right fit at the next level.

I understand and respect your opinion. Although I don't agree with some of it, I know there will be people who feel like one chance is all you get. There are people who follow the law to the letter and feel any infraction is unacceptable. I did not come on this message board to dispute this fact. Looking back, I probably shouldn't have come on here and said a word because my motive is getting misconstrued. A friend of mine, who is an active member of these online recruiting message boards, pointed the thread out to me and I felt like a few internet tough guys were picking on him so I decided to voice my opinion and put my name on my opinion. As I see it now, I should have sat idle and watched everyone else voice their views, whether they are misinformed or not.

In regards to the inquiry about the crime itself, I am not going to indulge into the factual side of it for the sake of my family's privacy. You, and everyone else, are allowed to base your own assumptions and conclusions on the newspaper article and police report. Again, my intention was not to come on here and try and get anyone to feel like he was the victim. The county, the police, nor the victims are to blame. Although the fictional point of views based on the time of year and assumptions based on what actually happened are rather farfetched in my opinion, that doesn't diminish the seriousness of the event. He accepted sole responsibility for his actions and has taken the necessary steps to right his wrong, even if that is unattainable.

Lastly, in response to your opinion regarding he doesn't sound remorseful and how you feel he should be talking about all the countless hours of community service and restitutional work he has been doing, again, for the sake of my family's privacy, I am not going to say anything more than he has taken ALL of the necesary steps in trying to rectify the situation. I understand he is an athlete and his only stage is what you see him do on the field or hear or read about saying in an interview or newspaper article. So feel free to base you own conclusions. You can take my word for it or not. He has coaches, teachers, guidance counselors, public figures and teammates who will vouch for him.

Al Golden is a stand up coach. In Chase's recruiting, I have witnessed some very interesting people with some very interesting ways of handling the entire process. I respect Al Golden more than a lot of the coaches and university officials that I have had the pleasure of interacting with during Chase's recruitment. I am a life long fan of the University of Miami and will continue to cheer for them down the road regardless if Chase is on the roster or not. I completely respect Golden's decisions and recruiting views, and those of any coach for that matter. This was not, in any way, a movement to gain more interest from the University of Miami. Again, I just felt motivated to try and dull the blade of some of the criticism he was getting on this thread.

But at the end of the day, I am his brother and I have the duty to protect him encoded in my DNA. Right, wrong or indifferent, I will always do everything in my power to defend and protect him. This will be my final post on the message board because I can sense the tone starting to turn a bit argumentative and, again, that was never my intention. I am not going to go message board to message board, acting as a PR rep doing damage control, either. I am going to resume sitting back and focusing solely on my family and working with my younger brother to be the best person he can be, both on and off the field.

I appreciate everyone's kind words, harsh criticisms and opinions. To those who are rooting for him to right the ship and prove that it was just a mistake, my family and myself appreciate the support and your well wishes do not go unnoticed. To those who feel like he should be cast aside and never given a second chance, I respect your decision to feel that way.

Life is a journey and on that journey you are presented with a number of difficult decisions. Although it is possible to make the right one everytime, sometimes you make the wrong one. That is when your character is truly defined, when you are forced to pick yourself up off the ground and get back on your feet. My family are fighters, and Chase is a part of this family. His success will be all that much more triumphant in the end because of the adversity he has to overcome.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Kids make mistakes, and Chase isn't the only one of our recruits to make one and he won't be the last. What he did won't matter in 5 years when he graduates college and I doubt it will matter much in his recruitment. Whether Chase ends up at Miami or somewhere else he is going to school for free and in 5 years you will be getting paid to either do what he went to school for or football.

Well Said JD Litton! I also agree Al Golden is a stand up guy and straight shooter.

An JD your correct in the statement something like what has occurred with your brother will be played out in the court of public opinion and as a hedge to offer damage control I suggested doing the Com Serv an then finding a way to mention that any chance he got, but not directly tie it to the transgression (which would stir the pot ) but more so to present a figure that is now doing good works for the community. An soon after the story will turn to wow this kid does a lot for his community with the initial cause fading into the background leaving only the benefits from the Com Serv. affect.

I also agree I would defend my brother vehemently, but the best way to combat something bad is not to ignore it an hope it fades but rather confront it aggressively with good. Because if Chase gets the chance to play somewhere the opposing schools will drum up the story again, but if this story is connected to some type of overshadowing good deed. For example look at look at Investment Banking firm Goldman Sachs they lost billions in the market crash took $10 billion in Bailout money from the Fed and they paid it back, but to help their PR they donated $500 millions to help small businesses through out the country (which amounts to roughly 3% of their annual Payroll). Now when people talk about Goldman in the news that the first thing they mention is how the $500 million is helping businesses put people back to work an how it is helping to sustain the economy.

Goldman Sachs Apologizes, Gives Back.
http://abcnews.go.com/Business/goldman-sachs-apologizes-back/story?id=9114765#.Ua9u3thvyEw

So the strategy of bait and switch damage control works whether on a large or small scale.

Again Thank you for sharing your families side and good luck.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
Tough call here and in all honesty, lets cut the self righteous routine for a minute.

I absolutely agree what this kid did was wrong and stupid, and he should pay. BUT, sometimes teenagers will do dumb things, especially if they are hanging out with the wrong crowd and get talked into something dumb.

NOW, IF, this kid has an otherwise clean record, good student, no history of violence, problems with authorities, coaches, teachers, etc.... and if he has paid his due, and made restitution, than I dont see why we shouldnt give the kid a look if he's good enough to warrant it. Fact is we HAVE taken kids with MUCH worse records than this. Sometimes its b*tten us in the @ss, and sometimes it hasnt.

I do get what everyone is saying about a QB needing to be a cut above, and that's a valid point. But there is also a double standard at work here. If this was a black kid from Overtown or Liberty City with a record for a theft in the past, I dont think most would be nearly as up in arms about it. Weve taken a TON of those kids over the years. ****, look at Willie Williams, that kid had a record a MILE long, but we still gave him a shot.

DEPENDING on the kid's character, and the sum TOTAL of his past, I may be willing to cut him a break. We all put ourselves in stupid positions at teens that with a little bad luck could have probably gotten us in deep trouble. I dont condone what he did for one second, nor do I excuse it. But if he has paid his due, and it was a ONE time thing, and it was non violent, AND, his record otherwise is SPOTLESS, then Im willing to give a person a second chance.

There are few things I despise more than a thief. With that said, I hope everything works out for the young man. Like many have stated, everyone makes silly mistakes growing up. If he truly wants to play for the Canes, show out at coach Golden's football camp like a few posters have mentioned. Additionally, it would be an excellent opportunity to show that your brother is genuinely remorseful, has improved his character, and is willing to align with Golden's core values.

Advertisement
Back