2014 Preview: Are You Excited...Or Are You Scared?

Are You Excited Or Are You Scared?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Can a brother get some credit for the chart with red/green?

Great writeup as always Dan E.

Advertisement
Most excited I've been for a season in 5 years. Just feel like we have some players who actually want to win.. Some Gavin Hardin's if you will!!!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I predict the D is bad again, costs the Canes some games and the Coastal. As the 2014 season ends fans call for Coach D's head, the message boards melt down, and Golden under tremendous pressure is forced to fire D'Onofrio.

Ironically, the 2014 Offense will prolly be a little better without Morris, with Heaps and Williams battling it out for the starter role. Kaaya red shirts.

2015 Kaaya takes the reigns, is a difference maker. With a new Defensive Coordinator, the Cane D finally starts to resemble a real Defense. Canes finally win the Coastal.

Just got done watching the entire 2001 season highlights thanks to CanesFreak and YouTube.

I'm excited but nervous. It could be amazing. It can also be complete ****. People better come out fired up and crushing skulls and dreams, because that's what it's going to take.

Advertisement
Great write up, all really good points. A few thoughts tho.

1. I wasn't here so I can't prove it but I was NEVER high on Olsen. He was unimpressive at the UA game and his highlights just weren't special to me. Something about his motion looked off. As soon I heard about Kaaya and started watching him I was hoping he would step up and pass Olsen, which he has. It just sounds like he gets it, all aspects of being a QB. He has nice size, good arm and accurate, and above all else his maturity and doing the little things a QB needs to do. I don't think we need worry about killing his confidence by throwing him out there, he's gunna be special so let's just get this started.

2. The defense. I'm of the belief that D'onofrio should have already been fired and he will be after this season if the D doest improve by ALOT. I know it's Als defense and we won't run a different scheme but you can run a more aggressive version of this scheme. Find a defensive coordinator who wants to be more aggressive. We don't need a scheme change so much as we need to unleash the players, a new coordinator can do that.

3. The linebackers. If DP goes down its gunnar be a long season for the D and that scares me. If there is something that holds us back on defense it's going to be the backers, not the lineman.

I'm really looking forward to the season and think it's going to be a good one. We go 9-3, win the coastal, Brad Kaaya is the real deal, and the defense improves but not enough to save D'onofrio.

If D'onofrio were to get fired(which I highly doubt Golden would ever do) we won't win 9 games in the season that it happens.

We won 9 games this year with a terrible defense. A marginal improvement of total D into like the 70s would be enough to keep us around 9 wins this year but still is to bad to justify. And the idea that Golden will lose his job to keep his friend is ridiculous. He wont go back to temple just so D'onofrio so can stay with him.

9 wins won't put Golden in any jeopardy and that's really the only way firing D'onofrio would even be a thought for him.

It might not be up to him if this happens again next year. Them stats shows you all you need to know about the wonder coach and D scheme. We had teams who adverage 300 yards a game but play us and get 400 to 5OO

35.gif

Dan is extremely talented at these write ups...I'm always looking forward to them. And I can't wait for "the more you know" opponent write ups.

I'm more excited than scared. I think this is the deepest roster in some time. The schedule might prevent us from winning as many as we should, but this is a good football team.

Advertisement
Back