2014 OLB Wants to be a Cane.

Advertisement
That's not the context I am referring to JHall. Don't be silly, but I am referring to a school that has produced D1 recruits that have gone to play in the league. Pinellas County is very often under recruited. I can tell you for fact that several coaches were very unhappy with the way UM worked the area over the last 2 years.

Bomb, The offer to LSU is legit. Same school that Dexter McCluster came from as well. Coach Rodriguez called UM several times and let them know how bad the kid wanted to go to UM and they never came. He ended up at Ole Miss with close relatives and still plays in the league today.

Map, you remind me of Sheldon Cooper. What doesn't confuse you?

I'm just glad Coley is here to properly train Golden and Cristobal on how to recruit and get there first. Maybe there is hope after all.

Is the staff supposed to contact, visit, and offer every kid that wants to be a Cane? Man GTFO with that nonsense.

Is the staff supposed to contact, visit, and offer every kid that wants to be a Cane? Man GTFO with that nonsense.[/QUOTE]

The really good ones? Um, yes.

I have 2 family members that have 18 years of D1 college footabll coaching experience, which allows me to have a good conversation when challenged by an intelligent individual..

I appreciate ya though.

That's not the context I am referring to JHall. Don't be silly, but I am referring to a school that has produced D1 recruits that have gone to play in the league. Pinellas County is very often under recruited. I can tell you for fact that several coaches were very unhappy with the way UM worked the area over the last 2 years.

Bomb, The offer to LSU is legit. Same school that Dexter McCluster came from as well. Coach Rodriguez called UM several times and let them know how bad the kid wanted to go to UM and they never came. He ended up at Ole Miss with close relatives and still plays in the league today.

Map, you remind me of Sheldon Cooper. What doesn't confuse you?

I'm just glad Coley is here to properly train Golden and Cristobal on how to recruit and get there first. Maybe there is hope after all.

How the **** can anyone from the entire Tampa Bay area have a single word to say about what AG has done there since he's arrived? We've WORKED the area HARD, and taken more TB kids (including Pinellas) than any other period I can recall.

That's just absurd.

McCluster had zero offers from the Big 3 and none from the SEC outside of Ole Miss, according to Rivals. Ole Miss was pretty **** bad in 2004 and 2005, to boot. His best offers were WVU, USF and Rutgers. This is a ****** example of a Clappy and Shannon era "miss" that every other significant program in the nation also missed on as well. I don't see the revelance, at all.

Furthermore, do you really believe that this staff would not at least hear out a coach who calls "several times" about a kid who wants to be a Cane, and also happens to explode for over 2k yards and 35+ TDs his senior year? McCluster blew up late, and everyone missed him. Under that scenario, I trust Golden and his staff more than anyone else in state.

Not sure what you're trying to prove here, unless it's that we should keep an eye on the kid in case he blows up. Next year. Pretty pointless thread at this juncture, either way.

Advertisement
McCluster had zero offers from the Big 3 and none from the SEC outside of Ole Miss, according to Rivals.

Well I guess that means he can't play and they should not have looked closer. You're probably right.

Furthermore, do you really believe that this staff would not at least hear out a coach who calls "several times" about a kid who wants to be a Cane, and also happens to explode for over 2k yards and 35+ TDs his senior year?

It happened then and it happened last year in Pinellas County on a few occasions. Jethro Franklin ****ed of nearly 1/4 of the coaches in that county. Soething you're not privy too does not mean it doesn't happen. Coaches called UM to have Franklin reassigned to a different area

Under that scenario, I trust Golden and his staff more than anyone else in state.

Not sure what you're trying to prove here, unless it's that we should keep an eye on the kid in case he blows up. Next year. Pretty pointless thread at this juncture, either way.

ok

Advertisement
Back