2014 OLB Wants to be a Cane.

Advertisement
is this a joke? we havent even gotten to NSD 13 and you're complaining that a 2014 kid doesnt have an offer? GTHO

Advertisement
Is this a joke? He is 188 lbs and fell on his *** in the first highlight on his video.

Additionally none of those schools impress me except LSU, and I maintain a healthy skepticism that he actually has an offer in hand from them.

2014 is loaded. I am sure Francisco is a great player, but if Golden et al thought he was worthy they would be on him.

Canebros, just because he doesn't have an offer doesn't mean that we haven't evaluated him and decided not to offer... at this time. You're being assumptive. According to your post, the kid has one legit Miami-level offer (LSU), and based on his other offers to date, it looks more like they are reaching for a 188 pound LB right now than anyone else (UM, UF, FSU, ALA, UGA, ND, etc.) being late to the party.

Just another perspective.

Advertisement
Call me crazy, but with a year until 2014 national signing day, I think we have time to make up ground on Middle Tennesee and Ball State if we so choose.

Bomb, with all due respect, and I have much love for you... to quote our new OC Coach Coley......

"My philosophy is to the first and offer the kid early. To them, the first offer means something."

Maybe, just maybe .... that is why he is successful. Recognize talent and jump on it. Its funny how these trolls mention middle tenn and ball state, but avoid LSU and the hometown USF teams. Laughable.

Canebros, just because he doesn't have an offer doesn't mean that we haven't evaluated him and decided not to offer... at this time. You're being assumptive. According to your post, the kid has one legit Miami-level offer (LSU), and based on his other offers to date, it looks more like they are reaching for a 188 pound LB right now than anyone else (UM, UF, FSU, ALA, UGA, ND, etc.) being late to the party.

Bomb, with all due respect, and I have much love for you... to quote our new OC Coach Coley......

"My philosophy is to the first and offer the kid early. To them, the first offer means something."

Maybe, just maybe .... that is why he is successful. Recognize talent and jump on it. Its funny how these trolls mention middle tenn and ball state, but avoid LSU and the hometown USF teams. Laughable.

Its all love, bro.

But we should go out and offer 300 kids, even the ones we don't think can play here?

I'm glad Coley think early offers are important. I am quite sure AG agrees with him based on all the early offers he has out there. But as I said, right now it looks like LSU (IF that's even a legit offer) is the only Miami level school that has chosen to reach for this 188 pound LB right now.

Maybe we recognized a lack of "talent" and decided to "jump" elsewhere?:)

Are you some how implying that Golden isn't doing a good job recruiting or isn't doing a good job?

We have offered a lot of 2014 guys, I'm sure we have evaluated and will continue to evaluate this kid. This isn't a prior regime, these guys know how to recruit and are organized. Christ, they are recruiting 2014 right now, while closing the 2013 class down.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'm just glad Coley is here to properly train Golden and Cristobal on how to recruit and get there first. Maybe there is hope after all.

That's not the context I am referring to JHall. Don't be silly, but I am referring to a school that has produced D1 recruits that have gone to play in the league. Pinellas County is very often under recruited. I can tell you for fact that several coaches were very unhappy with the way UM worked the area over the last 2 years.

Bomb, The offer to LSU is legit. Same school that Dexter McCluster came from as well. Coach Rodriguez called UM several times and let them know how bad the kid wanted to go to UM and they never came. He ended up at Ole Miss with close relatives and still plays in the league today.

Map, you remind me of Sheldon Cooper. What doesn't confuse you?

I'm just glad Coley is here to properly train Golden and Cristobal on how to recruit and get there first. Maybe there is hope after all.

Advertisement
Back