2014 LBs

bigpurk45

Junior
Just taking a look at what we have at LB next year.

GONE
59 Jimmy Gaines LB 6-3 240 Sr.
31 Tyrone Cornileus LB 6-2 225 Sr.
47 Akil Craig LB 6-1 226 Sr.

2014 LBs
SR

52 Denzel Perryman LB 6-0 243 Jr. Plays the WLB and some feel he may go to the NFL. I hope he stays though. our best LB I think AG will do everything in his power to keep him here. If he leaves that will put us at 3 LBs leaving. AG cant take a loss like that again.

JR
34 Thurston Armbrister LB 6-3 233 So. Im starting to like this guy every week. He is making plays and will be a bigger surprise next year AG will have him gain more weight as well. He will depend on his upperclassmen to play more.
56 Raphael Kirby LB 6-0 235 So. He will be our starting MLB... BOSS
17 Tyriq McCord LB/DE 6-3 235 So. He and AQM will reak havoc on the enemy

SO
54 JaWand Blue LB 6-0 232 RFr. This is where he gets major PT unless Owens or Young comes in and takes it... May get shifted to a different LB spot.

FR
36 Alex Figueroa LB 6-3 235 Fr. Will be a major player next year
5 Jermaine Grace LB 6-1 210 Fr. He will gain a ton of weight between 225 and 230 and be a monster for us next year..
98 Al-Quadin Muhammad DE/LB 6-3 236 He and McCord will reak havoc on the enemy

Walk-on
53 Jared Goldenberg LB 6-0 216 Fr. scout team

Michael Smith He will end up behind McCord and AQM
Darrion Owens I see him as a SLB but will prob RS
Juwon Young He may have something to say about the back up MLB spot. He will challenge Blue.. I think thats where he will end up
Terry McCray I think he ends up being our WLB, or may end up behind McCord and AQM as well prob RS

2 Deep next year in a 4-3
WLB- Perryman, Grace
MLB- Kirby, Blue
SLB- Armbrister, Figueroa

3-4 Def
OLB- McCord, ?,? Either those young guys step up or AG goes and gets a couple transfers which I think he does anyway.
MLB- Perryman, Armbrister or Grace
MLB- Kirby, Blue, Fig or Grace
OLB- AQM, Fig,?

Is Bond still in play does anyone know?
I would like to hear your spin on this...

Advertisement
I have hopes for Kirby. But I'm concerned that people are gonna jump on him if he isn't playing like a superstar right when he gets extended snaps.

Never saw it with Blue. I think everyone fell in love with the fact that a VT coach freaked out when we stole him moreso than liked him for his tape and the hype built from there.

Hopefully Perryman comes back, but if he keeps playing like Sat, I doubt it.

I could see Armbrister moving to WILL if Grace isn't ready.

perryman continues having the year he is having he is gone, has a young baby and can easily get a 2 or 3 rnd pick and make easy money in the NFL...

I agree he is gone, and I dont blame him

Advertisement
Bond would help out immensely! Other then that, I like our returning group. Even if perryman goes, I like armbrister and figs starting on the outside. Owens or Young ain't redshirting.

But Bond gettin in would change everything.

I posted in the other thread but imagine it would be something like this (I think Perryman leaves):

Armbrister/Figs, Kirby/Blue, Figs/Grace, McCord/AQM

not worried about LB at all this is Golden's specialty in terms of recruiting. He finds stud LB every cycle...

Advertisement
"Walk-on
53 Jared Goldenberg LB 6-0 216 Fr. scout team"

Is it a rule that we have a ****** walk-on linebacker at all times?

perryman continues having the year he is having he is gone, has a young baby and can easily get a 2 or 3 rnd pick and make easy money in the NFL...

I agree he is gone, and I dont blame him

Money will not be the deciding factor with Perryman from what I understand.

Advertisement
I really hope Blue steps up though... He is a big dude and I think he will get bigger... I just think his problem is grasping the Defense and that he is inconsistent.

What about the transfer from Oklahoma State u 4 got him. Mustafa I think thats da name

We decided not to accept him a few week ago. Not sure if it was the beer bottle incident or what.

Next year Perryman should be long gone, so I hope we take the next month to groom some young talent. Next years' recruits will take some time to get adjusted. If Burns can't get any "burn" at CB, there's no way a freshman lb will step into the mold and this scheme, which is very complex for LB's to learn. Looking for Blue, Grace, and Figueroa to emerge next year.

What about the transfer from Oklahoma State u 4 got him. Mustafa I think thats da name

We decided not to accept him a few week ago. Not sure if it was the beer bottle incident or what.

Next year Perryman should be long gone, so I hope we take the next month to groom some young talent. Next years' recruits will take some time to get adjusted. If Burns can't get any "burn" at CB, there's no way a freshman lb will step into the mold and this scheme, which is very complex for LB's to learn. Looking for Blue, Grace, and Figueroa to emerge next year.

You're thinking of the kid from Nebraska. I think Mustafa is in.

Advertisement

http://www.hurricanesports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=658368&SPID=103763&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=28700&ATCLID=208986660&Q_SEASON=2013

339.jpg

Still a LOT of football to be played this season.

Talk of 2014 will lead to the fact we will not have a QB for 2014. :(

http://www.hurricanesports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=658368&SPID=103763&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=28700&ATCLID=208986660&Q_SEASON=2013

339.jpg

Now thats a bad *** looking mother ******!

Advertisement
Back