2014 commit Travis Rudolph junior highlights

**** this kid is a beast. great find by the staff. whats the word with him?? still 100% cane? has anyone talked to him recently?

Advertisement
Holy F! Fap @ 2:25 mark. Smaller version of AJL, highlights are unreal. Staff is doing a monster job finding these kids and locking them in.

Advertisement
Kid is a bad mo' fo'! Cuts on a dime without losing any speed. Sets up his routes beautifully and has great vision and some jets. 2014 can't get here soon enough.

Kid has the goods. Does the staff have a position they want to bring him in at?

I know before the season they had recruited him at CB, but he looks special on the offensive side of the ball so it might be tough for them not to put him at WR

We talked about this a while back but I just can't imagine this kid not getting a look at WR. I know 2014 is a good year at the position but he is just such a smooth athlete with the ball in his hands.

Advertisement
No matter what he's doing with the ball in his hands--he is reminiscent of Duke. Not 100% similar skill sets/body types or anything, but with the football, this guy makes everyone else on the field look like they're stuck in cement. It's not because he's an absolute burner ala Travis Benjamin, but it's more because he has an efficient stride, stays in control of his body, low center of gravity, and thinks 1-2 cuts ahead.

To boot--not only does he look faster than everyone else, but to me, it looks like he's only at about 70-80% effort most of the time...and he's still making the plays he's making.

No matter what he's doing with the ball in his hands--he is reminiscent of Duke. Not 100% similar skill sets/body types or anything, but with the football, this guy makes everyone else on the field look like they're stuck in cement. It's not because he's an absolute burner ala Travis Benjamin, but it's more because he has an efficient stride, stays in control of his body, low center of gravity, and thinks 1-2 cuts ahead.

To boot--not only does he look faster than everyone else, but to me, it looks like he's only at about 70-80% effort most of the time...and he's still making the plays he's making.

His commitment went a little under the radar because we were full bore with the 2012 class but I remember a couple of people in the know at the time saying "wait till you see this kid......"

Advertisement
I don't think I've ever seen a HS WR as advanced as this kid at route-running and especially releasing at the line of scrimmage. Rudolph was just toying with dudes at the line like Rashad Greene. Must-get to go with the physical freaks we're recruiting at WR for '14. Also imagine throwing quick hitches and screens to this kid similar to how we use Herb Waters.

I don't think I've ever seen a HS WR as advanced as this kid at route-running and especially releasing at the line of scrimmage. Rudolph was just toying with dudes at the line like Rashad Greene. Must-get to go with the physical freaks we're recruiting at WR for '14. Also imagine throwing quick hitches and screens to this kid similar to how we use Herb Waters.

Crazy part is when he was a soph, the people who were talking about his "elite potential" were saying how he was incredibly raw at WR but if he figured it out, he would be unstoppable. Well, it sure looks like he is figuring it out....

Looks great in and out of his breaks.

I think I like his fluidity better at CB, but I wouldn't have a problem with him playing WR.

I think it depends on how our prospects develop on both sides of the ball.

Advertisement
Looks great in and out of his breaks.

I think I like his fluidity better at CB, but I wouldn't have a problem with him playing WR.

I think it depends on how our prospects develop on both sides of the ball.

He could be great as a CB, on some Xavier Rhodes type w/ his size and athleticism.... him and Quincy Wilson would bring in some freakish size and athleticism to that position.

There are so many top wide receivers in 2014 like Lane and McCrary that he wouldn't be as needed at that position, IMO.

Given the WR depth currently, I'd start him at CB. Your best athletes on the field defensively need to be your secondary, and as elite as he is athletically, I'd try to get him involved at CB for sure. We can still get the ball in his hands on returns, let him break open games with his abilities from there.

Given the WR depth currently, I'd start him at CB. Your best athletes on the field defensively need to be your secondary, and as elite as he is athletically, I'd try to get him involved at CB for sure. We can still get the ball in his hands on returns, let him break open games with his abilities from there.

What's the difference between our WR and CB depth?

^^^Our WR depth has proven to have young talent like Lewis, Waters, and w/ AJL coming in..... also there are 2014 WRs that are very talented as well, not to mention Jontavious Carter and D'Mauri Jones.

Our CB depth is young but their potential aside from Tracy Howard and Gunter has yet to be seen, IMO. Plus aside from Ladarius Gunter, the rest of our CBs don't have the same size as Travis Rudolph and that could be something unique that he brings to the table at that position.

Advertisement
Back