2014 ATH Turner commits to Miami

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
2014 ATH Dennis Turner of Dillard High School was not a name on many people’s radars going into Saturday, but now he will be. Turner has committed to the University of Miami after receiving an offer at camp, according to his Head Coach Lorenzo Davis.

“This guy’s got great character and he’s a very quiet guy. He’s a Miami guy, who works hard all the time and will never quit. He’s not a ‘rah-rah’ guy, but once he gets out there on the field he is a football player. He is very fast, runs about a 4.51,” said Davis.

Turner’s rise as a prospect started during the spring.

“I was telling different people they had to watch this guy. Schools at practice saw how he competed and ran routes so they jumped on the bandwagon. Wake Forest, Arkansas, Cincinnati, Northern Illinois, and FIU all offered him once they saw him in person in spring.”

Turner is expected to play defensive back at Miami and his coach sees him as a cornerback.

“He’s a natural. You can play him anywhere. It’s just so easy to him. He’s a cornerback and he wants the ball so he will go get it.”

The newest Miami commit didn't expect the offer would come today.

“I wasn’t expecting it, but it just came. I got it after the camp from Coach Paul Williams,” said Turner.

Once he received the offer, he committed shortly after.

“I committed within ten minutes. I talked to my mom on the phone and she said if that’s what I wanted then to go for it. She knew it was my dream school growing up. I’ve been watching them ever since I was a kid. I grew up with them.”

Turner will be playing cornerback at Miami.

“They want me at corner because they say I’m natural at the position and I have soft hands, which is very valuable at the position.”

Last edited:
Advertisement
2014 ATH Dennis Turner of Dillard High School was not a name on many people’s radars going into Saturday, but now he will be. Turner has committed to the University of Miami after receiving an offer at camp, according to his Head Coach Lorenzo Davis.

“This guy’s got great character and he’s a very quiet guy. He’s a Miami guy, who works hard all the time and will never quit. He’s not a ‘rah-rah’ guy, but once he gets out there on the field he is a football player. He is very fast, runs about a 4.51,” said Davis.

“I was telling different people they had to watch this guy. Schools at practice saw how he competed and ran routes so they jumped on the bandwagon. Wake Forest, Arkansas, Cincinnati, Northern Illinois, and FIU all offered him once they saw him in person in spring.”

Turner is expected to play defensive back at Miami and his coach sees him as a cornerback.

“He’s a natural. You can play him anywhere. It’s just so easy to him. He’s a cornerback and he wants the ball so he will go get it.”

[video=youtube_share;hjw-Pw7xDzw]http://youtu.be/hjw-Pw7xDzw[/video]

Advertisement
If it's a legit laser timed 4.51, I'm good with that being considered "fast". There are tons of hand-timed 40's out there on the recruiting sites that are 4.3/4.4 range, and most of the time, they're done by a coach with a quick thumb on the stopwatch.

4.51 is plenty fast enough to play CB on the BCS level.

Advertisement

I think you got the wrong kid. Our Dennis Turner is from Dillard. This D. turner is from some school named Raytown South

Fairly certain you just posted highlights of a non-bcs player from Missouri that graduated HS in 2011 or 2012

Advertisement
Since when did 4.51 become "very fast"

Uhh, if a high school senior runs a legit 4.51 he is fassssst. And with proper training and technique will get faster. Everyone says they run a 4.4 or 4.3 but 99.9% dont at that level.

"She knew it was my dream school growing up. I’ve been watching them ever since I was a kid. I grew up with them.”

THATS HOW MOST PEOPLE THAT REALLY HAD A DREAM SCHOOL WOULD ACT

NOT THE SOUTH FLORIDA **** FACES THAT SAY UM IS THEIR DREAM SCHOOL AND GO TO GEORGIA OR BUMFUCT, EGYPT

Advertisement
When kids say its there "dream school" this should happen every single time:

“I committed within ten minutes. I talked to my mom on the phone and she said if that’s what I wanted then to go for it. She knew it was my dream school growing up. I’ve been watching them ever since I was a kid. I grew up with them.”

Edit: BigPoopa beat me too it.

Advertisement
Back