2013 TE Josh McNeil

Thoughtsoncanes

Trending Up
7_424375.JPG

6'5 235 lb TE

Hillside H.S Durham, NC

- Grew up primarily playing basketball. Decided to give football a try last year and caught 60+ passes.

- First offer was from ECU - committed soon after but has since backed off after becoming a National Recruit

- Has offers from everybody (ALA, LSU, UF, UM, FSU , UGA etc) except UNC coincidentally.

- Visited UM on a Spring Break tour, meaning there is definite interest in the 'Canes

- Been relatively quiet regarding his recruitment - not a lot of info out there re: favorites

- Plans to trim list down to Top 5, great shot the Canes are in it.

Highlights:

[video=youtube;ZRPBf08YGOo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRPBf08YGOo[/video]

/Just passing info along

Advertisement
He hasn't visited Miami nor anyone else that isn't a local school.

He's planning to visit Miami, UF, and Bama in June and named Bama his leader 2 days ago.

That said, Miami does seem to be in the running but trailing a couple other programs.

Been relatively quiet regarding his recruitment - not a lot of info out there re: favorites

“It felt like a dream come true to talk to Nick Saban on the phone- me just watching him win the national championship and not really knowing who he was, to having a bond growing between me and him.”

McNeil has also formed a good relationship with Rumph and says that the Tide are his current leader.

“Coach Rumph is a really good coach. Alabama would for sure be in my top six coming this Friday. I really like them and if there had to be a leader, it would probably be Alabama.”

Advertisement
Saw he just scheduled us in for a visit sometime in June. Would be a great grab for Golden to get two standout TEs in this class. Kid seems to know how to find open space in his film

He's planning to visit Miami, UF, and Bama in June and named Bama his leader 2 days ago.

That said, Miami does seem to be in the running but trailing a couple other programs.

This isn't true.

He visited Miami in the spring and he is scheduled to visit again June 28th.

Advertisement

This isn't true.

+1 jhall

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the first visit would've been on his own dime.

If thats the case you'd think Miami has a pretty good chance here. TIFIW

This isn't true.

+1 jhall

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the first visit would've been on his own dime.

If thats the case you'd think Miami has a pretty good chance here. TIFIW

Yeah, I think they have to be at that point in time. It's always tough to be optimistic about these OOS guys but we definitely seem to have a shot.

Thanks for confirming his visit too, with your question.

If anyone has any info on his visit here, I'd be interested in seeing it. AFAIK, Miami visited him, not the other way around. There was talking he might visit for the spring game but that never happened and I'm 99.9 percent sure he has yet to leave his state for a visit this year.

BTW he named a top 4 of Bama, OSU, UGA, and UF in that order today.

Got this off the Ringer.

5 visits set Alabama June 4, Georgia June 7, OhioState June 16, Florida June 20, and Miamiune 28. He is supposed to announce during the Opening. He's announcing July 7th.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back