2013 LB George Williams gets offer

Kid's uncle does post on Canesport.

In his most recent post which was back in January he said that Williams HAD NOT been offered yet and he was very interested in FSU (offered).

This was what I remember and like I said this was back in January. Things may have changed but dude is a CPA and he doesn't post much during tax season so I don't really know what's up with the kid lately.

TIFWIW

Advertisement
who is Deeb, looking at the sentinel this morning and they list his interest as us and Neb. if we have a good season, there is no way he leaves Dade for school, unless there is some special situation, like Keith Brown this year.

Advertisement
^^^^^^^^^^^^^ from my old high school...might try to coach there this coming year....please believe would be a cane lock

Benjamin is a physical specimen if he can stay at LB. Based off highlights, I would rank him above Grace and Deeb. Not sure if I would want him over George Williams though....but either one would work for me.

Matt Thomas and Jeremy Benjamin/George Williams and we are good at LB.

Advertisement
Benjamin is a physical specimen if he can stay at LB. Based off highlights, I would rank him above Grace and Deeb. Not sure if I would want him over George Williams though....but either one would work for me.

I think we end up taking three LBs in 2013, Matt Thomas could be a DE in college as well. A lot of options for this class so it will be interesting how it plays out.

Benjamin's tenacity and ferociousness remind me a little bit of Ray Lewis. Hope we land this kid.

Hey Cowboy, remember that time when Chaminade beat Madison County 27-0 in the State Championship? I was therrr.

Yeah, I remember. How can I forget? SMH. We lost this year in the championship game as well. Greg Bryant rushed for 245 yards against us. And guess what offensive plays they used! Some of the ones Miami uses. He would be a great get. I'm convinced he is Da Real Deal!!!

I think we end up taking three LBs in 2013, Matt Thomas could be a DE in college as well. A lot of options for this class so it will be interesting how it plays out.

I think Matt Thomas is a DE. He played there in the spring game and literally **** on the OT's. He could be an elite pass rusher off the edge. Has a great get off and can stay low. Honestly, I think the kid is a top 10 overall pick at DE or OLB...but if he rushes the passer every down you are basically forcing the other team to double him or get the ball out in 2 seconds. He can change your whole defense with his skillset off the edge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8R1cjmhjJk

He has improved a lot since then as well. Aldon Smith 2.0.

Advertisement

I think Matt Thomas is a DE. He played there in the spring game and literally **** on the OT's. He could be an elite pass rusher off the edge. Has a great get off and can stay low. Honestly, I think the kid is a top 10 overall pick at DE or OLB...but if he rushes the passer every down you are basically forcing the other team to double him or get the ball out in 2 seconds. He can change your whole defense with his skillset off the edge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8R1cjmhjJk

He has improved a lot since then as well. Aldon Smith 2.0.

From everything i've seen of Matthew Thomas, I'm sure he can be a successful DE at the next level. But, with talent like his it is a travesty to limit him to such a role. Yes, he is great at rushing the passer, but he is also an agile, flexible and fluid athlete with natural read and react tendencies. He has too much potential as a LB in a defense to limit him to having his hand in the ground every down on one side of the field.

Matthew Thomas is such an important and impressive recruit for Miami in this upcoming class because he has the ability to be as "multiple" as the defensive alignments. He is the type of talent that a creative defense can feature in a variety of roles. From what I can tell, he is equal parts capable as a pass rusher as he is as a LB in coverage and run support.

It's hard to imagine how good this kid could be once he gains the 40+ pounds that it looks like his frame can carry. Unreal ceiling.

Advertisement
The reason I say DE over OLB is because a DE is harder to find and more important. Pass rushers are the hardest guys to find. Thomas is really good at dropping into coverage and is around every play in HS, but that won't happen in college. It's not how defenses are drawn up. He is going to be taking away a TE/RB or filling his gap in runs. As a DE though, instead of taking away a TE or a RB, he is forcing the QB to throw it quick....he is affecting every defensive player on pass plays, not just taking away one option.

He will be good at either one...but there is so much more value as a pass rusher. Definitely use some zone schemes to get him into coverage but he needs to be a threat every play. IMO it's a waste for him to taking away a TE/RB or filling his gaps on runs.

The reason I say DE over OLB is because a DE is harder to find and more important. Pass rushers are the hardest guys to find. Thomas is really good at dropping into coverage and is around every play in HS, but that won't happen in college. It's not how defenses are drawn up. He is going to be taking away a TE/RB or filling his gap in runs. As a DE though, instead of taking away a TE or a RB, he is forcing the QB to throw it quick....he is affecting every defensive player on pass plays, not just taking away one option.

He will be good at either one...but there is so much more value as a pass rusher. Definitely use some zone schemes to get him into coverage but he needs to be a threat every play. IMO it's a waste for him to taking away a TE/RB or filling his gaps on runs.

Good stuff.

When I try to project Thomas, I see him as a center piece to a defense. I see his primary position as being LB. I believe he has the ability to excel at everything a LB needs to do in a 4-3 or 3-4 scheme. Put some weight and muscle on him and he will be a force that can play sideline to sideline. I see him as a player that can situationally be put in a variety of roles to make plays, for instance having him coming off the edge as an end (hand in dirt or standing) in obvious passing situations, but allowing him to have the flexibility to fully utilize his talents on every down. Right now, I don't know if I see him as a full time DE that is stout in run support and sets the edge, but with his talent and versatility he doesn't need to be.

I think we see him in very similar roles (in that he has range) but I just want his primary role to be as a LB.

Advertisement
Back