2013 LB core!

Advertisement
three max. i wouldn't be surprised if we only take 2 in this class.

limited numbers, other positions need to be filled

yeah I know... These are our best prospects though. I feel Deeb is a must, he will come in ready to play,

I think Grace and Thomas have higher ceilings than Deeb. Those guys have the size and athleticism. Don't get me wrong I love Deeb and would love to see him in this class and holding down the middle. If he balls out at the camps then I could see him gettin the offer

Advertisement
As already mentioned, Thomas and Grace please. These are the two best LBs from that group.

Deeb isn't as good as his highlight tape shows. He gets lost out there sometimes.
But this can be said about most of the 16 year old LB´s...

Kid appear to have focus and is a hard worker from what I read around recruit sites. Plus, was timed at 4.65 recently in Camp, very good for his age and size.

But most important, and it´just a opinion, we are in a great situation at OLB... but we are missing a true MLB since when... Vilma?

I trust coach Golden choices, but for me, if only 2, my choice would be Thomas and Deeb.

Advertisement
Deeb isn't as good as his highlight tape shows. He gets lost out there sometimes.

Kid appear to have focus and is a hard worker from what I read around recruit sites. Plus, was timed at 4.65 recently in Camp, very good for his age and size.

But most important, and it´just a opinion, we are in a great situation at OLB... but we are missing a true MLB since when... Vilma?

I trust coach Golden choices, but for me, if only 2, my choice would be Thomas and Deeb.

You are right... we don't have any true middle LB all the LB we got are true OLB's that are rotating inside. Deeb is a true MLB and will hold down the fort. He goes through blocks... loves contact and loves to hit! That's why we get 3 LB's.

I'd argue the Perryman is actually at his more natural position now as a MLB.

People look at Deeb's size and love the idea of a huge MLB. But, it's more about style and quality of play.

It's funny how in one breath people say we haven't had a true MLB since Vilma, then proceed to say we need someone like Deeb because he is a true MLB due to his size and style.

News flash: Deeb's size and style is very different from Vilma. Vilma played a large part of his career at Miami weighing less than 220 pounds.

Just because Deeb is big, weighs a lot, and doesn't have the range to get outside the tackles, doesn't mean he is some sort of perfect MLB. He is a solid prospect, but his ceiling seems kind of low.

I'd argue the Perryman is actually at his more natural position now as a MLB.

People look at Deeb's size and love the idea of a huge MLB. But, it's more about style and quality of play.

It's funny how in one breath people say we haven't had a true MLB since Vilma, then proceed to say we need someone like Deeb because he is a true MLB due to his size and style.

News flash: Deeb's size and style is very different from Vilma. Vilma played a large part of his career at Miami weighing less than 220 pounds.

Just because Deeb is big, weighs a lot, and doesn't have the range to get outside the tackles, doesn't mean he is some sort of perfect MLB. He is a solid prospect, but his ceiling seems kind of low.
If you think we have had a true MLB since Vilma, it´s you opinion and I respect... but I completely disagree.

I was talking about Vilma style, because even at his size, he played like a true MLB... like that Wilson guy from Denver Broncos, a true MLB in a small body. You are the one making correlation between size and the position, because I didn´t said this. To be 6-4/240 or 5-11/220 has nothing to do with to be a true MLB... But guys like Vilma, Wilson(and I hope, Perryman) nowadays are the exceptions...

Regarding Deeb, why his ceiling seems kind of low?

Advertisement

You are right... we don't have any true middle LB all the LB we got are true OLB's that are rotating inside. Deeb is a true MLB and will hold down the fort. He goes through blocks... loves contact and loves to hit! That's why we get 3 LB's.
You got my point!

It has nothing to do with size alone... Deeb be at 6-3 /230 is a plus, but the bold part of your post said it all.

I would love to get 3, but like others said, with our problems at TE, DT, Safety, I doubt we get 3 LB´s.

As already mentioned, Thomas and Grace please. These are the two best LBs from that group.

They seem to he very similar as well, though Thomas is likely the bigger prospect.

They both have huge ceilings and athleticism but are both pretty skinny.

You got my point!

It has nothing to do with size alone... Deeb be at 6-3 /230 is a plus, but the bold part of your post said it all.

I would love to get 3, but like others said, with our problems at TE, DT, Safety, I doubt we get 3 LB´s.

I see us getting 3 DT, 2 S, and 2 TE along with 3 LB's!

Advertisement
Thomas is a freak and could grow into a D End. He is far and away at the top of the group and a must get. The next three guys are interchangeable I think but I think Williams is the best of the bunch. Seems to be the most natural run stuffing LB out there and by far the biggest hitter.

Thomas is a freak and could grow into a D End. He is far and away at the top of the group and a must get. The next three guys are interchangeable I think but I think Williams is the best of the bunch. Seems to be the most natural run stuffing LB out there and by far the biggest hitter.

This. I love Williams.

Advertisement
Back