2013 LB core!

Advertisement
Michael Deeb, M. Thomas, Jermaine Grace, and George Williams!

I don't know if we have room, but yes please. All of those guys are 4* or better caliber players and they have different skillsets/roles for us. I'm biased toward linebackers but I'd be okay with us skipping on other positions to fit in those 4 players. All 4 can be on the field at the same time when we run 3-man fronts.

Michael Deeb, M. Thomas, Jermaine Grace, and George Williams!

I don't know if we have room, but yes please. All of those guys are 4* or better caliber players and they have different skillsets/roles for us. I'm biased toward linebackers but I'd be okay with us skipping on other positions to fit in those 4 players. All 4 can be on the field at the same time when we run 3-man fronts.

Getting four in is too much imo. We have bigger needs, the depth is almost there at LB so two should be fine. Now Thomas is a priority, Grace might be(I think he is) Deeb, not much interest on our side yet, and Williams seems really not interested in us. We'll see who we get but I would be surprised at more than three LB's, I think two is the max with the tight scholly numbers.

I'm expecting 2, max 3 like you said but if I was calling the shots I'd take all 4. Thomas is a no-brainer 5* and fills a big need as impact edge player. Deeb is next on my list as he's a bigger MLB with surprising quickness and athleticism. He's only played 1 year of LB yet he's one of the most instinctive and technically sound LBs out there at the HS level. I know he doesn't have an offer yet but if anyone earns an offer at the AG camp it'll be him imo. Williams is explosive, fast and a big hitter but he's on the smaller side. Those 3 are all musts. Grace is a fringe take because he's somewhat of an OLB/S tweener and we're looking for bigger guys at the position. I like his cover skills and range though. He doesn't jump out on film like the first 3 but he's solid nonetheless.

What concerns me (slightly) is that we're recruiting other LBs from out of state like Trey Johnson when we can easily offer and lock up the local talent. My understanding is that Deeb (and Devin Washington) would commit soon after offered. Both of those players are Cane caliber and deserve more attention.

Advertisement
Also need to keep an eye on Williams' grades. Heard that he might have trouble qualifying.

i think we take two and depending on how the year goes maybe three.

Agreed. We took a bunch of bodies in the past two years, and we will be more selective assuming a couple guys like Kirby, Paul, Witt, etc. show enough that we know can count on them. But given that other than Kirby we took a bunch of long term project type of guys I don't see us turning down a guy like Williams or Grace if they want to be here.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back