2012 recruits..possible 1st Rounders?

very true my boy. i'm thinking in terms of right now, and i doubt that that trend will change in 3 years. i'm thinking more in terms of these key positions: DE, CB and QB since those are the main components to the passing game. i don't think we have a 1st round QB on the roster right now, but i do see 1st round talent in Howard and Bush and maybe even Crawford. I see great pass rush ability in McCord.

McCord might be the Marcus Robinson that we never got. That's my hope anyway. Defintiely a big future in the NFL for pass rushers and tackles like Flowers.

Duke would be more likely a late first rounder because of position importance but if he can show pass catching ability in the slot or out of the backfield, he could be a nice target.

Advertisement
Draft is a lot about athleticism and measurables so based off of that I would guess for now Bush and Rayshawn Jenkins

Who's downplaying Howard's measurables?

He's 5-9 to 5-11 which is good enough. he has elite cover skills. he may not have the deep speed that you all like, but with technique and short area quickness, he has 1st round all over him. the top corner in the draft Claiborne is a 4.5 guy and has a small frame.

Who's downplaying Howard's measurables?

He's 5-9 to 5-11 which is good enough. he has elite cover skills. he may not have the deep speed that you all like, but with technique and short area quickness, he has 1st round all over him. the top corner in the draft Claiborne is a 4.5 guy and has a small frame.

I am talking mainly 40 time, which the league puts heavy emphasis on for CBs (it seems)

as long as he isn't 4.6 guy he'll be aight. but ultimately, it'll be about his cover skills first and foremost. i believe revis ran a 4.5 and so did the aforementioned Claiborne

Advertisement
This is so tough imo as we would all agree. That 2004 and 2008 class looked to be loaded with first rounders. Well it never happened. I think we all thought a kid like MF would be a sure fire kid, but he couldnt ever get it going.

This is so tough imo as we would all agree. That 2004 and 2008 class looked to be loaded with first rounders. Well it never happened. I think we all thought a kid like MF would be a sure fire kid, but he couldnt ever get it going.

Great point - it almost never works out how you'd think. If I had to bet on this year, I'd go with Flowers. If I was asked this same question on every signing day the past ten years my answer would be names like Kyle Wright, Willie Williams, Allen Bailey, Marcus Forston....Kenny Phillips in 2005 is probably the only one I would have right.

Difficult to call as everyone has said, but here are my prospects:

Jelani Hamilton

Deon Bush

Ereck Flowers

Advertisement
I will say Flowers....hopefully he is the tackle we thought was arriving when Henderson enrolled

Last edited:
Corners seem to be at a premium even more today . . . so Ill say we have two first round corners out of this class . . . Im feeling optimistic!

Crow... Mark it down..

Crow will probably transfer, due to lack of playin...

Dude. Dont be a moron.

Don't be silly man... think about it... morris is a JR, Williams is a SO, dewey, crow and thompson are FR and with Olsen coming in he may be starting his SO year or RS SO year... think about it man... all 3 of those QB's won't be playing meaning the 2012 class... its only 1 position for QB...!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back