2012 DT Nick James

Possible vacation maybe, but then I read this so who knows...
James said he has a special relationship with Coach Franklin,one of those connections he can't explain..
Like Larry said can't win if you don't play..
Sounds like to me that grades is what's keeping him committed to MSU..

Edited: He reports a 2.5 core GPA and 16 ACT, which he will retake in April.

Jethro Franklin and I were friends back in college (late 80's). It's of no surprise that he is a very good recruiter. He always had a very joyous demeanor. I dont know if you remember an old movie called BeBe's Kids. We used to call Jethro Bebe's dad. He is, in real life, JUST LIKE that movie character.

Advertisement
With someone like Nick James in the middle, we can mix up our defenses, showing 4/3 or 3/4 at random.

I don't see him getting pushed around much by anyone anywhere.

James said he has a special relationship with Coach Franklin,one of those connections he can't explain..

Jethro Franklin and I were friends back in college (late 80's). It's of no surprise that he is a very good recruiter. He always had a very joyous demeanor. I dont know if you remember an old movie called BeBe's Kids. We used to call Jethro Bebe's dad. He is, in real life, JUST LIKE that movie character.

Yeah I remember Bebe it wasn't that old though because it was on DVD..
Wasn't his dad Tone Loc?

WTF? BeBe was the mother of the badass kids. She never actually appeared on screen. The main character, Robin Haris, was just the guy trying to smash Jameeka. Jameeka was BeBe's friend who got stuck with BeBe's Kids.

With that out the way, I feel like Larry and JHall when it comes to Nick James. Can't win if you don't play.

Advertisement

WTF? BeBe was the mother of the badass kids. She never actually appeared on screen. The main character, Robin Haris, was just the guy trying to smash Jameeka. Jameeka was BeBe's friend who got stuck with BeBe's Kids.

This is he way I remember it as well. He was basically babysitting trying to get some.

We offered him a long time ago and he was on our radar for a little bit but committed to MSU as most expected.

Free trip.

The first step in changing their minds is the official visit, but agree that this feels like a free vacation.

We offered him a long time ago and he was on our radar for a little bit but committed to MSU as most expected.

Free trip.

The first step in changing their minds is the official visit, but agree that this feels like a free vacation.

Well the good thing is that every year we see a lot of highly rated kids commit to a school that everyone expected. They keep things tight to the vest, then all of a suddenly outta the woodwerks, they switch it up.

Whether its local pressure or whatever that keeps them quiet, it happens all the time.

****, don't know where James is rated but it ain't high enough. Dude reminded me of Wilfork in those clips. Had no idea he was as mobile or athletic as he appears to be. Get that kid. Huge difference maker. Wow.

Advertisement
Wow, buncha **** cartoon historians in this thread. So now Im all defensive and have to explain. :)

There was a movie that came out in our senior year of college called Kid N Play's House Party. The guy who played Kid's father was an actor named Robin Harris who died shortly after the movie came out. It was his character from the movie House Party that was the inspiration for the Bebe's kids cartoon character.

I remember when House Party came out. After I saw it, the next time I saw Jethro I told him he reminded me of Kid's dad. He shook his head and said, "Man that character reminds me of my dad." After the cartoon came out, the nickname kinda stuck.

Wow, buncha **** cartoon historians in this thread. So now Im all defensive and have to explain. :)

There was a movie that came out in our senior year of college called Kid N Play's House Party. The guy who played Kid's father was an actor named Robin Harris who died shortly after the movie came out. It was his character from the movie House Party that was the inspiration for the Bebe's kids cartoon character.

I remember when House Party came out. After I saw it, the next time I saw Jethro I told him he reminded me of Kid's dad. He shook his head and said, "Man that character reminds me of my dad." After the cartoon came out, the nickname kinda stuck.

At the 1:15 mark of this movie promo, I'd swear it was Jethro Franklin.

[video]http://www.imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi3366387993/[/video]

Advertisement
****, don't know where James is rated but it ain't high enough. Dude reminded me of Wilfork in those clips. Had no idea he was as mobile or athletic as he appears to be. Get that kid. Huge difference maker. Wow.

Around summer time, he was at some camp(can't remember which one exactly) doing one on one's vs. some of the top OL in the country. Great watch. Kid pretty much destroyed everyone and you can really see just how quick and explosive he is.

Around summer time, he was at some camp(can't remember which one exactly) doing one on one's vs. some of the top OL in the country. Great watch. Kid pretty much destroyed everyone and you can really see just how quick and explosive he is.

I knew he was big n strong, but the way he moves and leaps, some of those blocks and pass rushes ... ****, I dint know he was that agile. Refuse to believe there are 3 better dt prospects in the country.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back