2006 Season

I know there's recency effect. But to give context.

Did we lose to FIU?
No. We beat an FIU team that was 1-23 from 2006-07. We got in a brawl with them because we were so frustrated we were only winning 7-0 at halftime.

Did we go 0-2 against Conference USA?
- No. We beat a CUSA team by 1, and a WAC team by 1

Did we start a losing streak against MFing Duke?
- No. Duke was 1-23 2006-07. Duke was 2-33 2005-2007. Duke took us down to the last play of the game in 2006. We did go on a 4 game losing streak after beating FIU & Duke who were both 0-12 in 2006. FIU & Duke were both 10 times better in 2019 than they were in 2006.

Did we only beat CMU at home by **** hair?
Houston, Duke and Nevada were all closer games than CMU in 2006

Did we lose to possibly the worst VT team we have ever faced at home?
VT won 8 games last year. They've won 7 or less in 4 of their last 8 seasons. This was one of VT's better teams recently.

In 2006 we lost 6 games. We had lost 10 games in the previous 6 years.
In 2019 we lost 7 games. We had lost 6 games the year before.

2006 was a shock because we were legit NC contenders at the start of the year. 2019 was just more of the same of who we've been since 2006.
Do you honestly believe that Manny Diaz will ever win a National Championship?

He will never even sniff the playoffs...

Sorry for the “negativity“ (reality), but we deserve so much better than this hoping a guy who never played the game can figure out how to be a championship caliber HC at our expense.

He shattered our culture last year and buried our program with that loss to FIU who by the way got throttled by FAU.

Yes he will always win the offseason with more fake hype, but on the field where it counts, he sucks and has probably the worst staff in the power 5, especially on defense now, where he refuses to replace anyone.

Mandy has dropped the bar to the floor, so now anything he does will obviously be seen as progress, but he will guaranteed keep us mediocre for as long as he is around, winning enough games to keep those who truly keep our program down content.

I really need to stop caring so much about the Canes, but I can‘t...

Any other year I would have been eating up all this fake offseason hype like I did with pretty much all the same moves last year with Tate (for 3 years not just 1), Home run hire Enos, TNM, owning the portal etc...

Also ****ed b/c Manny completely ruined the best thread in history (Gator Tears) after the turds had possibly the worst offseason but a real coaching staff while our offseason couldn’t have looked better with a bunch of snake oil salesmen.

There is not a program I despise more than the turds, and to lose that one was tough and soured me on Diaz from the start, but to then go on and have the worst season since becoming The U and finish it with a shattered culture and a blow out in a toilet bowl to a second Conference USA team after losing to FIU and a horrible Duke for the second straight year was too much.

Now we have those ******* back on the schedule for 2024 and 2025, and I personally want Manny and Blake the **** outta here ASAP so we can start building a team with a real staff and beat the **** out of them and make those pussies never want to put us back on the schedule again (hopefully we start to play them every year though going forward as it’s a great game).

We already blew this epic 2021 class as most of the elite kids (not on the take as January is bag season) will be locked up by the time we play our first game, and don’t have a single game on the schedule to prove to kids that we are legit until Clem$on pushes our **** in again, then that game along with the 2021 opener against Baga breaking in a new QB will blow the 2022 class and the cycle of mediocrity continues...

Again, sorry to be so “negative” (real) on the second day of Spring but winning enough games this season to keep Blake and Manny here could possibly be the worst thing for our program.

Advertisement
Do you honestly believe that Manny Diaz will ever win a National Championship?

He will never even sniff the playoffs...

Sorry for the “negativity“ (reality), but we deserve so much better than this hoping a guy who never played the game can figure out how to be a championship caliber HC at our expense.

He shattered our culture last year and buried our program with that loss to FIU who by the way got throttled by FAU.

Yes he will always win the offseason with more fake hype, but on the field where it counts, he sucks and has probably the worst staff in the power 5, especially on defense now, where he refuses to replace anyone.

Mandy has dropped the bar to the floor, so now anything he does will obviously be seen as progress, but he will guaranteed keep us mediocre for as long as he is around, winning enough games to keep those who truly keep our program down content.

I really need to stop caring so much about the Canes, but I can‘t...

Any other year I would have been eating up all this fake offseason hype like I did with pretty much all the same moves last year with Tate (for 3 years not just 1), Home run hire Enos, TNM, owning the portal etc...

Also ****ed b/c Manny completely ruined the best thread in history (Gator Tears) after the turds had possibly the worst offseason but a real coaching staff while our offseason couldn’t have looked better with a bunch of snake oil salesmen.

There is not a program I despise more than the turds, and to lose that one was tough and soured me on Diaz from the start, but to then go on and have the worst season since becoming The U and finish it with a shattered culture and a blow out in a toilet bowl to a second Conference USA team after losing to FIU and a horrible Duke for the second straight year was too much.

Now we have those ******* back on the schedule for 2024 and 2025, and I personally want Manny and Blake the **** outta here ASAP so we can start building a team with a real staff and beat the **** out of them and make those pussies never want to put us back on the schedule again (hopefully we start to play them every year though going forward as it’s a great game).

We already blew this epic 2021 class as most of the elite kids (not on the take as January is bag season) will be locked up by the time we play our first game, and don’t have a single game on the schedule to prove to kids that we are legit until Clem$on pushes our **** in again, then that game along with the 2021 opener against Baga breaking in a new QB will blow the 2022 class and the cycle of mediocrity continues...

Again, sorry to be so “negative” (real) on the second day of Spring but winning enough games this season to keep Blake and Manny here could possibly be the worst thing for our program.

I've got no problem with the negativity - I've just accepted who we are.

I'm in no way defending Manny, I just don't think he isn't dropping the bar at all. He's just keeping the bar where it's been.

We've averaged 7.5 wins for the last 14 seasons. So if Manny wins 6 games, that's not a tragedy, it's just who Miami is.

The offseason hype is fun and all, I look forward to each season, but I think we're a 7-8 win team every year, If we win 6, it's a down year, but won't be a trend. We'll be back to a 7-8 wins the next year. If we win 9-10 games, it's a great year. but it won't be a trend. We'll be back to a 7-8 win team the next year.

I've got no problem with the negativity - I've just accepted who we are.

I'm in no way defending Manny, I just don't think he isn't dropping the bar at all. He's just keeping the bar where it's been.

We've averaged 7.5 wins for the last 14 seasons. So if Manny wins 6 games, that's not a tragedy, it's just who Miami is.

The offseason hype is fun and all, I look forward to each season, but I think we're a 7-8 win team every year, If we win 6, it's a down year, but won't be a trend. We'll be back to a 7-8 wins the next year. If we win 9-10 games, it's a great year. but it won't be a trend. We'll be back to a 7-8 win team the next year.
Exactly...keeping Mandy will keep us mediocre forever.

RIP The U

Last edited:
Exactly...keeping Mandy will keep us mediocre forever.

RIP The U

Butch left, we hired Coker
Coker's fired, we hire Shannon
Shannon's fired, we hire Golden
Golden's fired, we hire Richt
Richt retires/forced out, we hire Manny

If we fire Manny, why would anyone think we'd hire someone better?

We've been replacing 1 guy with a similar guy for 20 years now. I don't think Miami is a very attractive job for an in demand coach anymore, and even if an in demand coach were interested, I doubt our admin would be able to close the deal vs other schools that might be after him.

Manny will probably keep us mediocre, but we've been mediocre long before he got here. A mediocre Manny isn't making anything better or worse.

Butch left, we hired Coker
Coker's fired, we hire Shannon
Shannon's fired, we hire Golden
Golden's fired, we hire Richt
Richt retires/forced out, we hire Manny

If we fire Manny, why would anyone think we'd hire someone better?

We've been replacing 1 guy with a similar guy for 20 years now. I don't think Miami is a very attractive job for an in demand coach anymore, and even if an in demand coach were interested, I doubt our admin would be able to close the deal vs other schools that might be after him.

Manny will probably keep us mediocre, but we've been mediocre long before he got here. A mediocre Manny isn't making anything better or worse.
Are you on the BOT?

B/c that’s exactly how they feel and are fine keeping this incompetence here.

Manny’s ceiling is the coastal and that is obviously acceptable to so many it is quite sickening.

RIP The U

Advertisement
Maybe we should not worry about Manny. That will work itself out. Maybe we should worry about the guy who's going to hire his eventual replacement. You know, the guy who hired Richt and Diaz because they landed right in his lap. If Diaz threw up his hands tomorrow and walked away, who do you think Blake would hire? Would it be a future NC winner or would it be some safe, easy choice that has a local connection because it will keep selling tickets?

Are you on the BOT?

B/c that’s exactly how they feel and are fine keeping this incompetence here.

Manny’s ceiling is the coastal and that is obviously acceptable to so many it is quite sickening.

RIP The U

I'm not on the BOT - I'm just realistic about who Miami is.

In the last 16 seasons - Miami's had a 10 win team 1 time. I've adjusted my expectations.

In the last 25 years - Nebraska's won 3 NC's, Tennessee's won 1, and Miami's won 1.

If you think it's realistic for the Miami fan base to expect a NC type team, would you say it's realistic for Nebraska and Tennessee to expect the same?

1930's - Minnesota won multiple NC's
1920's - Cal won multiple NC's
1910's - Harvard won multiple NC's

I'm guessing you wouldn't think it's realistic for those fan bases to expect NC type teams anymore. So at what point do you think they accepted who they are?

15 years is the limit for me. Everyone's got their own limit. I hope I'm wrong. Maybe hiring & firing coaches every 3 to 4 years until we get it right is the way to go. Maybe Miami should still expect to be back, and will be back eventually.

I'm not disagreeing with you as much as I'm trying to give a realistic picture of where we're at.

I'm not on the BOT - I'm just realistic about who Miami is.

In the last 16 seasons - Miami's had a 10 win team 1 time. I've adjusted my expectations.

In the last 25 years - Nebraska's won 3 NC's, Tennessee's won 1, and Miami's won 1.

If you think it's realistic for the Miami fan base to expect a NC type team, would you say it's realistic for Nebraska and Tennessee to expect the same?

1930's - Minnesota won multiple NC's
1920's - Cal won multiple NC's
1910's - Harvard won multiple NC's

I'm guessing you wouldn't think it's realistic for those fan bases to expect NC type teams anymore. So at what point do you think they accepted who they are?

15 years is the limit for me. Everyone's got their own limit. I hope I'm wrong. Maybe hiring & firing coaches every 3 to 4 years until we get it right is the way to go. Maybe Miami should still expect to be back, and will be back eventually.

I'm not disagreeing with you as much as I'm trying to give a realistic picture of where we're at.

The 15 year down period really isn't an especially long time. Other programs had similar long down periods before they came back.

The problem is that those other programs had more tradition than Miami football did. Seriously, other than a 20-25 year period, Miami's football history is very mediocre.

1926-1979= .533
1980-2005= .817
2006-2019= .575

In fact, the problem with a look from this perspective is that Miami football isn't actually in a "down" period. It's more like the middle period was an "up" period, and now we've returned to earth.

Y'all really trying to rationalize our current level of suckage and back it up with math?

You can lower your expectations if you want, I refuse to.

Advertisement
Y'all really trying to rationalize our current level of suckage and back it up with math?

You can lower your expectations if you want, I refuse to.

It’s just the reality of the matter that Miami football might never come back.

Historic powers can fill up 90,000+ seat stadiums and get top 10 recruiting classes even during fairly long down periods. Miami hasn’t shown the ability to do either. (As much as some people on here like pretending that we keep having top 10 classes that are severely underrated.)

I mean, in 2045, at which point Clemson will have returned to the mediocre Tommy Bowden days for quite some time, will you really be expecting that all that stands between Clemson and another Dabo Swiney-type run is the right hire as coach? Clemson in 2045 really isn’t that much different than Miami in 2020- some non-traditional power that had relatively short glory days, and seems more and more like it’s permanently returning to the days before glory.

Advertisement
Back