2 sources of optimism

Don't get me wrong I'd love to hang a 50 burger on those powder blue asshats and watch Mario do the Mack Brown choke to him as he points to the scoreboard where we win 50-17, but that's some Orange and Green binoculars not even glasses lol.

We need to win the turnover margin, actually have a pulse on offense, and ******* LESS GOD**** DRIVE KILLING PENALTIES to have a chance.

I can see us doing the first 2 but not the penalty part.
we need to get a pass rush. we dont have one and haven't had one all year esp since mesiddor went down. gotta get pressure on maye from base sets

Advertisement
Advertisement
so to point to the evidence where we have generated a pass rush without sending extra help to do so?
We have generated a solid pass rush..we are all just use to a "Manny Diaz" type pass rush from our DEs. We dont have that time of talent in the room just yet except for NKelly and Messidor who are both hurt. Everyone else probably wont be asked to come back if they have another year of eligibility and Cyrus Moss has some big decisions to make at the end of the year because while I dont think they push him out..I do believe they will ask him to really evaulate himself because going into his 3rd year especially as a top 100 player when he came out...he should be further along imo.

Advertisement
We have generated a solid pass rush..we are all just use to a "Manny Diaz" type pass rush from our DEs. We dont have that time of talent in the room just yet except for NKelly and Messidor who are both hurt. Everyone else probably wont be asked to come back if they have another year of eligibility and Cyrus Moss has some big decisions to make at the end of the year because while I dont think they push him out..I do believe they will ask him to really evaulate himself because going into his 3rd year especially as a top 100 player when he came out...he should be further along imo.
eh I disagree on solid pass rush but well see what happens on Saturday.

moss should find the portal tbh.

Advertisement
I say this with reservations because we have no idea how they’ll bounce back but after listening to the podcast with UNCs 24/7 reporter I had that same feeling I used to have before we played a physical SEC- except this time we are the SEC team.

The UNC guy was talking about how great the skill position guys are but the weakness is the oline. That’s never a good thing. And we know our oline is basically like the Great Wall of China where we can stone any dline. Just look at the success A&M had against Bama vs us.

The 2nd point which I pointed out before the A&M game is Mario gets his team ready for big games. Even after he blew the Stanford game in 2018 in a similar fashion to Ga Tech they bounced right back the following two weeks to get two Top 25 wins vs Cal on the road and a huge win vs #7 Washington.
56 needs to have a day this week.

We haven't beat a Top 15 team on the road in almost 20 years, so no, winning tomorrow would not be the most Miami thing ever, it would be one of the biggest wins we've had here since the kids on our team were born.

Wow, good observation. That's insane.

Last I could find was 2005 V Tech. Although we had a quality road win in 2021 against No 17 Pitt.

Advertisement
This is talked about every year. UNC has been soft since Butch got fired. How’s that worked out for Miami?

Stop trying to “impose your will” and just score. If that means running it 50 times, great, if that means throwing it 50 times, great.

This team isn’t good enough to just line up and run over most P5 teams. They couldn’t last week against one of the worst run defenses in America. Stop hyping up Temple, Bethune and Miami OH, like those were stout defenses.

This is talked about every year. UNC has been soft since Butch got fired. How’s that worked out for Miami?

Stop trying to “impose your will” and just score. If that means running it 50 times, great, if that means throwing it 50 times, great.

This team isn’t good enough to just line up and run over most P5 teams. They couldn’t last week against one of the worst run defenses in America. Stop hyping up Temple, Bethune and Miami OH, like those were stout defenses.
Well Done Reaction GIF

Advertisement
Back