2 sources of optimism

Do you think we were prepping for UNC during bye week which led to a simple game plan for GT?

Guessing we thought we would just sneak a win out based on talent alone. But that would make sense given lack of preparation for GT.

Advertisement
How this for optimism..... we would have won last week's game had we taken a knee in spite of 3 picks, 2 fumbles, several dumb penalties at awful times, and some dreadful calls from the zebras. In other words, we should have won a game where we played like complete dawg shiitt. That tells me that we really do have some talent on this team. Seeing Matt Lee on the sideline tells me that the loss-acceptance-culture is evaporating. Saturday ought to show us the rate of evaporation.

Do you think we were prepping for UNC during bye week which led to a simple game plan for GT?

Guessing we thought we would just sneak a win out based on talent alone. But that would make sense given lack of preparation for GT.
Joking Season 4 GIF by Paramount+

Right?

Imo if we don’t turn the ball over we will have a great shot at winning against UNC. If we didn’t turn the ball over last week we would have won by three scores even with this ****** refs.

Advertisement
We haven't beat a Top 15 team on the road in almost 20 years, so no, winning tomorrow would not be the most Miami thing ever, it would be one of the biggest wins we've had here since the kids on our team were born.
Sadly that's true

I 'll take a strong bounce back without wet paper towel fold. That would show some sack after the media pile on that isn't going to stop.

Fascinating parallel between the Stanford 2018 and Ga Tech 2023 games. Both time the conference officials stepped in to make sure the outsider program did not have a fair shot at winning the game. Stanford 2018 began with a predetermined outcome. The Pac 12 officials were not going to allow Oregon to win that game.

Lmao we couldn't run on GT because we ran the same inside zone concept all night and didn't use tempo with it. Nobody in the country is running inside zone all night successfully against any P5 team while being slow and methodical on top of it. Would be a nice change to see some stretch, trap, counter, pitch, jet sweep, etc. in this game.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I'm optimistic Miami will have several holding penalties.

UNC's puny OLine will have none.

I wish Vegas let you bet on holding penalties over/under.

Advertisement
I say this with reservations because we have no idea how they’ll bounce back but after listening to the podcast with UNCs 24/7 reporter I had that same feeling I used to have before we played a physical SEC- except this time we are the SEC team.

The UNC guy was talking about how great the skill position guys are but the weakness is the oline. That’s never a good thing. And we know our oline is basically like the Great Wall of China where we can stone any dline. Just look at the success A&M had against Bama vs us.

The 2nd point which I pointed out before the A&M game is Mario gets his team ready for big games. Even after he blew the Stanford game in 2018 in a similar fashion to Ga Tech they bounced right back the following two weeks to get two Top 25 wins vs Cal on the road and a huge win vs #7 Washington.
Ahhhhh man... I mis-read the subject of the post. I thought you had 2 sources for Opium.

Yea, I feel good about the trenches too.

no

Advertisement
Back