2 sources of optimism

sfcane2

Redshirt Freshman
Premium
I say this with reservations because we have no idea how they’ll bounce back but after listening to the podcast with UNCs 24/7 reporter I had that same feeling I used to have before we played a physical SEC- except this time we are the SEC team.

The UNC guy was talking about how great the skill position guys are but the weakness is the oline. That’s never a good thing. And we know our oline is basically like the Great Wall of China where we can stone any dline. Just look at the success A&M had against Bama vs us.

The 2nd point which I pointed out before the A&M game is Mario gets his team ready for big games. Even after he blew the Stanford game in 2018 in a similar fashion to Ga Tech they bounced right back the following two weeks to get two Top 25 wins vs Cal on the road and a huge win vs #7 Washington.

Advertisement
I say this with reservations because we have no idea how they’ll bounce back but after listening to the podcast with UNCs 24/7 reporter I had that same feeling I used to have before we played a physical SEC- except this time we are the SEC team.

The UNC guy was talking about how great the skill position guys are but the weakness is the oline. That’s never a good thing. And we know our oline is basically like the Great Wall of China where we can stone any dline. Just look at the success A&M had against Bama vs us.

The 2nd point which I pointed out before the A&M game is Mario gets his team ready for big games. Even after he blew the Stanford game in 2018 in a similar fashion to Ga Tech they bounced right back the following two weeks to get two Top 25 wins vs Cal on the road and a huge win vs #7 Washington.
Green Bay Packers Thank You GIF by Martellus Bennett's Text Back Pack

can't forget how they beat up on Ohio Sate at Columbus. I hope the team is ready to make a big statement this Saturday

Advertisement
Pretty good point on the 2018 Oregon vs Stanford piece.

They went on the road the next week and beat a ranked Cal team, 42-24, in a game that was 35-10 after the first drive of the 3rd quarter. Cal had 5 turnovers, including 4 picks, so I'm not counting on that from Maye, but at least they came out and didn't lay down after a similar situation like we're dealing with.

Cal got the ball first and took almost half the entire quarter to go down on a decent drive, but they stalled and only got a FG. And Oregon took their first possession right down the field for a TD to jump up 7-3. I wouldn't mind that start tomorrow night.

Winning tomorrow would be the most Miami thing ever. Also losing by 25+ would be the most Miami thing ever.

We haven't beat a Top 15 team on the road in almost 20 years, so no, winning tomorrow would not be the most Miami thing ever, it would be one of the biggest wins we've had here since the kids on our team were born.

Advertisement
can't forget how they beat up on Ohio Sate at Columbus. I hope the team is ready to make a big statement this Saturday
And that OSU team would beat this years OSU team by 5 TDs easily. They rebounded and went to the CFP. So to slay them in Columbus shows Mario CAN do this. This isnt an impossible feat to take out UNC at home.. I think thats why the line is only UNC -3.5.

Give me some of what you're smoking. I don't think there's a universe in which we beat them by 30 lol
haha I think it'll be a close game either way (whoever wins it wont be by more than 1-2 scores meaning 1-11 points?). I think we can win but we def have to be better and UNC is a big step up in comp compared to who we have played (atm is better on defense but their offense isnt close to UNC and their QB play isnt close either, Miami OH, temple, Bethune, and even GT aren't anything to say we had a tough schedule). this being our first real road game is also gonna be interesting to see how we come out.

Advertisement
We haven't beat a Top 15 team on the road in almost 20 years, so no, winning tomorrow would not be the most Miami thing ever, it would be one of the biggest wins we've had here since the kids on our team were born.
Whenever I think of a team doing something that noone else saw coming Miami is the first that comes to mind. We always lose this game.

Advertisement
And that OSU team would beat this years OSU team by 5 TDs easily. They rebounded and went to the CFP. So to slay them in Columbus shows Mario CAN do this. This isnt an impossible feat to take out UNC at home.. I think thats why the line is only UNC -3.5.
I don't hink that matters to Vegas. I think its that were not a bad team and not what we showed against gt. were not an elite team like how we were picking on the sisters of the poor but somewhere in the middle (were a good team that could win 9-10 games still) that can beat anyone on the schedule and likely wont be blown out by anyone on our schedule.

He had 14 tackles the week before and was the PAC-12 Freshman of the Week.
he played in one game as a freshman before getting hurt, he did the above against Fresno state and was out the rest of the year, and the year after played in 10 games but started only twice. my point stands

haha I think it'll be a close game either way (whoever wins it wont be by more than 1-2 scores meaning 1-11 points?). I think we can win but we def have to be better and UNC is a big step up in comp compared to who we have played (atm is better on defense but their offense isnt close to UNC and their QB play isnt close either, Miami OH, temple, Bethune, and even GT aren't anything to say we had a tough schedule). this being our first real road game is also gonna be interesting to see how we come out.
Don't get me wrong I'd love to hang a 50 burger on those powder blue asshats and watch Mario do the Mack Brown choke to him as he points to the scoreboard where we win 50-17, but that's some Orange and Green binoculars not even glasses lol.

We need to win the turnover margin, actually have a pulse on offense, and ******* LESS GOD**** DRIVE KILLING PENALTIES to have a chance.

I can see us doing the first 2 but not the penalty part.

Advertisement
Back