#2 ranked recruiting class according to Rivals

From Rivals about where the class is projected to finish. Obviously doesn't mean **** but still something to read.

What the numbers say: Miami is not going to take home the title for Florida recruiting; it is more likely to fall some 500 points behind Florida, and narrowly be edged by Florida State when all is said and done. Despite having a better ranking per recruit than Kentucky, it is very likely that Miami will be another program that is surpassed by the Wildcats. The hot start is good for Miami, but based on the data from the adjusted rankings, this may be the fifth-best for the program in the last six years. With plenty of targets still available there is ability to stay inside the top with a bottoming out at No. 23.

Yeah but our class is still heavily under rated. Langham, Young, and Owens are all 4 star talents not 2 star. On top of that our TE from Georgia is a stud also, to at least according to the Georgia fans.

Advertisement
I'm not worried about a recruiting national title. We've seen where that's gotten FSU over the years.

It's all about how the players fit the system and player development. I'm confident in this staff to develop the players they're bringing in.

**** the rankings and **** who we dont get. I'm sick of the chicken little attitude of this fan base following all these divas on twitter and throwing tantrums because a kid decides he wants to go to another school. Al can't coach the kids who go elsewhere, and you can't blame this staff for not trying. its amazing what they pull off with a hand tied behind their back and we continue to ****.

Its not about stars. Look at the highlights. look at the quality of the kids he is pulling in. We got studs in 2012, studs in 2013, and are killin it in 2014. As far as recruiting goes, color me sold on Golden and crew. This staff has a plan, and given time to let them get more of their guys in, results will show up on the field. The Golden years are coming and I for one am ****ting bricks with excitement.

I'm with your enthusiasm and passion my man, but our defense has been hot gobbich recently. And although it may be due to our youth and inexperience, recruits notice the weakness, and its not attractive. D'Oh HAS to be on the hot seat if this talented developing team cannot make EXTREMELY quick strides.

Its that whole Johny Come Lately mindset that is the problem. Lots of kids love what the U was, and still is about and its not because we're the hot name of the past 5 years. Some kids get it, and those are the ones I give a **** about. This program has 5 national titles and the best players in NFL history from one school, top 50 academics, small class size, so the kids that wanna go somewhere else to get on TV more or play in a more crowded stadium can go. I don't hate them, but I don't care about them either. I'm all about the kids we DO get, this board has threads go on for 10 pages about anybody that goes elsewhere or it looks like might go elsewhere.

People complain and complain about the D and how we will never be able to recruit. This is Miami. Ray Lewis. Ed Reed. Vince Wilfork. Vilma, beason, don't make me do it. We will be fine. The sad thing to me is that for those of us that actually do follow the recruiting, people on here aren't even enjoying how good we are doing. Everybodys trying to poke holes just because we didnt get Clark and Cook and Michel. They didn't want to come, so I'm watching Yearby and Kaaya tapes with a **** eating grin on my face because I finally trust that things are going to get better, rather than just blindly hoping year after year.

Man, the kids on defense from our down years are probably just as good if not better than Florida State and Florida. Kalais Campbell, Kenny Phillips, Connor McCarthy, Sam Shields, etc.

Advertisement
Man, the kids on defense from our down years are probably just as good if not better than Florida State and Florida. Kalais Campbell, Kenny Phillips, Connor McCarthy, Sam Shields, etc.

Ya...Connor was a beast!! I think it was spelled Conner tho.

It might have actually been Connor McBarthy. Either way he was a helluva safety.

Last edited:
You may not care but other recruits sure as **** do. Nothing wrong with wanting a highly ranked class. The proof is in the pudding with who keeps winning championships. You recruit at a high level and odd are you will see big success.

You may not care but other recruits sure as **** do. Nothing wrong with wanting a highly ranked class. The proof is in the pudding with who keeps winning championships. You recruit at a high level and odd are you will see big success.

And we are. Thats the whole point of the thread. #2 in the country right now. I'm not a star *****, when we get a commit I watch whatever tape they have, and make my decision on wether I like him or not. Not that it matters to anybody but me, but IMO I do pretty well with my youtube scouting. There is a reality to the stars because its not hard to tell that a kid is 220 running 4.4 and might be a good player. It's not difficult to rate a prospect 1-5 based off what you see, thats all stars are. The advantage of recruiting is you can get to know the kid and see what he's got between the ears, which is just as important. We are getting a good combination of both. For every Amari Cooper that we bash our brains in about losing, theres a Jeff Luc. Its about coaching up the ones you get and its not like were getting scrap, were around the top 10-12 every year. Talent isn't going to be the problem.

Advertisement
coach golden said "there will be a time when those kids who didnt believe in us regret it." thats coming soon.

And we are. Thats the whole point of the thread. #2 in the country right now. I'm not a star *****, when we get a commit I watch whatever tape they have, and make my decision on wether I like him or not. Not that it matters to anybody but me, but IMO I do pretty well with my youtube scouting. There is a reality to the stars because its not hard to tell that a kid is 220 running 4.4 and might be a good player. It's not difficult to rate a prospect 1-5 based off what you see, thats all stars are. The advantage of recruiting is you can get to know the kid and see what he's got between the ears, which is just as important. We are getting a good combination of both. For every Amari Cooper that we bash our brains in about losing, theres a Jeff Luc. Its about coaching up the ones you get and its not like were getting scrap, were around the top 10-12 every year. Talent isn't going to be the problem.

Just like Mr Rudy Carpenter said...Youtube highlights don't tell the whole story my man.

Advertisement
Back in the day, recruiting class ranking didn't mean much to us fans, because come season we knew whoever we got was going beat the snot out of whoever went anywhere else. Now we are desperate to win anything, so it does matter to a degree. And it clearly has meaning to recruits; they want to be in the hot classes also. It matters to the coaches because it helps with recruiting, but I doubt if they think it will impact the field. Anything in the top ten at the end will be nice. That will take some of our lower ranked recruiting have good years and moving up. I think there is an excellent chance of that. Still, it is early and these are all kids the staff wants--not last minute fill-ins. We can trust that there are more Kaaya type out there, who have been overlooked by staffs that work less than ours. Golden must be a serious task master. Coley has helped a lot and I really think Hurlie has made a huge impact. I think kids are getting the message that the Golden bus is never waiting for anyone again. Staff is starting act like they are Canes--- "Come to THE U or get beat by the players who do!" Now onto the field!

NO. 4 - MIAMI (FLA.) - 21 COMMITS, 1,775 POINTS, 3.2 AVERAGE

What Mike Farrell says: "Coming out this aggressively is impressive to see from Al Golden. I really think he is one of the best recruiters in the business and he is going after quality players and landing a lot of kids. There are so many talented players still on the board that this class can climb and close as the top spot in Florida. After everything that the program has dealt with publicly, making that kind of statement would be huge."

What the numbers say: Miami is not going to take home the title for Florida recruiting; it is more likely to fall some 500 points behind Florida, and narrowly be edged by Florida State when all is said and done. Despite having a better ranking per recruit than Kentucky, it is very likely that Miami will be another program that is surpassed by the Wildcats. The hot start is good for Miami, but based on the data from the adjusted rankings, this may be the fifth-best for the program in the last six years. With plenty of targets still available there is ability to stay inside the top with a bottoming out at No. 23.

From new rivals article on rankings

If some of these diamond in the rough types (mayes, turner, herndon, DJackson) have good senior years and we close with DCook, Cthomas, Lammons, CJohnson, Berrios and Dixon this is a top 10 class easily. We get Rudolph or Lane and its top 5.

How many kids can we take? All those would make 33.

Advertisement
I'm not worried about a recruiting national title. We've seen where that's gotten FSU over the years.

It's all about how the players fit the system and player development. I'm confident in this staff to develop the players they're bringing in.

hidden gems like this that keep me reading

If some of these diamond in the rough types (mayes, turner, herndon, DJackson) have good senior years and we close with DCook, Cthomas, Lammons, CJohnson, Berrios and Dixon this is a top 10 class easily. We get Rudolph or Lane and its top 5.

How many kids can we take? All those would make 33.

But we have a lot of EE in this class, so we can take more players...

99% sure this class will see a national title if it finishes the way I expect.

With Baby Jesus playing the role of Dorsey!

Kayaa will beat out Olsen and it won't be close.

I think that's crazy. Olsen is a very smart kid, and will have a year on him in the offense. The fact that Kaaya might be somewhat better physically, doesn't necessarily mean that he will beat him out. We've had situations where backup QBs with stronger arms could not beat out the starter who had more experience and knowledge of the offense: Steve Walsh and Craig Erickson, Jacory Harris and Morris. I never take anything for granted. There's no guarantee that one of the other young QBs on the roster will not emerge and give Olsen a fight for the starting position in 2014. If Olsen starts that year (his second in the program), Kaaya will just be a true freshman. When Kaaya has a year under his belt, Olsen might be a second year starter with three years in the program. If Olsen is that good, he might decide to leave after three. Then Kaaya, or another QB, will take over.

I'm not necessarily of the opinion that Kaaya will eventually be the starter. As good as he is, as much as I was impressed by his film, people might be underestimating the other kids coming in. Rozier and Edouard might turn out better than you expect.

I'll never forget how Gino Torretta came out of nowhere, and all the big name recruits flamed out: Fortay, Alan Hall, Kenny Kelly, etc.

Advertisement
Back