2 Canes Tabbed Most Unstoppable Defenders Since-2000

Advertisement
Funny thing is, and I'm probably not the only one, but I knew the 2 names before I opened the article.

How neither of those guys won the Thorpe award I'll never know.

Well, I sorta know why. But still. Ridiculous.

I loved the story in Cane Mutiny about how Sean turned down the ESPN the mag cover (which they then gave to Winslow) and turned down a Playboy All-America invite. Dude was focused.

Advertisement
Seriously with Manti Catfish ahead of Sean Taylor???

Fake news.

Aside from that guy, pretty good list.

So many people forget about Dan Morgan. Most decorated college defensive player in the history of the sport. Dude was a tackling machine and was also great in pass coverage.

[video=youtube;H5i4b__zDTw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5i4b__zDTw[/video]

Last edited:
The 3 guys in front of Reed were really good, except one thing did stop each of them. The all left college without an NC. Ed didn't stop until he brought home the hardware and he was the very much the coach of the team that last year. Su and Peppers where bad boys but came up short. Clowney never gave it all like Ed. "I'm hurt man ...." I would have to put Mr Reed at top of that list(we beat OSU the next year if he was playing --I love me some ST but no strip of a pick by him was going to happen, only six points and game over.)

Advertisement
Dan Morgan and Ray Lewis are equals as far as ability and intensity. Don't let nobody get it twisted, Dan Morgan was greaattt!!!

Do they even bother to teach the english language in school anymore?

"Unstoppable" means something can't be stopped. There are no degrees of being unable to stop something. It's like being the most unique.

Morans.

"Unstoppable" means something can't be stopped. There are no degrees of being unable to stop something. It's like being the most unique.

Morans.

Great post!

Advertisement

Morans.

Great post!

Hey *******, it's one thing if people here do that, but this dude is trying to write for a living. He should pull his head out of his *** and think about what he's writing.

Teo is absurd, imo.

Clowney doesnt belong on the list either. At all. Great prospect. Overrated as a cfb impct player.

Reed, taylor, peppers, suggs, willis for sure. Patrick peterson prolly should be top 5. And nick fairley for what he got done belongs there. Over dorsey, imo.

Others to consider:

Bosa
Von Miller
JJ Watt
Mario Williams
AJ Hawk
Andre Carter

Dan Morgan is my favorite Cane of all time. Bad @ss white boy knew how to get sideline to sideline.

Advertisement

Morans.

Great post!

Hey *******, it's one thing if people here do that, but this dude is trying to write for a living. He should pull his head out of his *** and think about what he's writing.

Great post!

Manti Te'o being above Sean Taylor, Freeney, and Julius Peppers is comical. Him and Clowney even being on that list is lol-worthy.

Taylor and Suh are the most dominant defenders since 2000.

Last edited:
People are still schleep on Big Vince man. That guy was UNSTOPPABLE. Vince at 325-330 lbs. was one of the most athletic guys I've ever seen on a football field regardless of position. That cat was nimble and sudden, words never associated with a DT. The icing on an insanely powerful cake. They discount him I think because he was a part of a killer rotation we had(though a lot of people thought he was the best among them even as a RS Frosh). I know the Bears kick themselves in the *** every time they think about picking Tommie Harris over him. Although Wilfork won big in New England, his role in their scheme actually crippled his HOF chances to an extent. Say for instance if he would've ended up in Tampa or with a team who wanted him to play a Sapp-like role and he'd likely be viewed as a surefire 1st ballot guy like him too...

Last edited:
After what McKinnie did to Freeney, there ain't no plance for Freeney on that list, tbh. If you want to go off nfl outcomes, its a different list.

Advertisement
Back