2/24/24 Game 7: LIU 4-2 L

Advertisement
But I was told this roster wasn’t mediocre this year, and that we are gonna be Omaha-bound for the next 3 seasons after this one? 🤦😂

Even last night’s win felt more like a loss to me. Yes the bats came up big late but ****…and I say this every year…we shouldn’t need “Mark Light Magic” against the NJIT’s or LIU’s of the world. Good teams make their own magic in conference tourneys or in the postseason, and we somehow need it against these types of schools early in the season. If you can’t see what’s wrong with that, I dunno what to tell you.

Next weekend against UF doesn’t look promising. We have more problems than answers right now.
I don't see this team scoring more than 2 runs per game against UF. It would not surprise me if they get shut out on the scoreboard for the entire series, let alone getting swept.

Advertisement
Hey. Easy on LIU. Stony Brook just beat LSU and Wagner is playing TAMu tonight. All Long Island/New York teams that are competitive
I’m sorry but the only guy that could consistently play at this level is their catcher. We can’t be losing to LIU.

I'm going with #5 and "Arkansas lost to James Madison you mopes".
I'm not understanding what another squad losing to an opponent that they are not supposed to has anything to do with the squad we root for. This a bad squad and has been for several years. You cant change the paint color on a **** and not expect it to be anything other than a ****

I'm not understanding what another squad losing to an opponent that they are not supposed to has anything to do with the squad we root for. This a bad squad and has been for several years. You cant change the paint color on a **** and not expect it to be anything other than a ****
Bro…….

Advertisement
Other than Cuvet and Cyr, there is no one in this lineup I expect to get a hit every time up. Last year at least we had Kayfus YoYo, Dom and even Levenson where you got excited when they came to the plate.

Advertisement
I had my reservations about the hiring of JD (as I voiced he wouldn’t have been in top-10 of my candidates), but the games against UCF and LIU have really taken my fears even higher.

A team at Miami should be able to roll the ball out there and beat a team like LIU 10 out of 10 times and to play them twice and legitimately be fortunate to have one win is just mind-blowing.

It’s early, but I’m not encouraged by the process at this point.

Hey. Easy on LIU. Stony Brook just beat LSU and Wagner is playing TAMu tonight. All Long Island/New York teams that are competitive
No they’re not lol.

LIU Brooklyn was projected to finish 5th in the NEC and they just got swept by FIU. In fact, FIU pulverized them, with two of the three games being called due to mercy rule after seven innings. 6-4, 20-7, and 19-4. They’re a bad ball club.

Stony Brook beating LSU was a big upset yes, but the CAA is a very underrated baseball conference. Northeastern is a top 25 program, and schools like Campbell (40-win season a year ago), UNCW, Charleston and Elon routinely snag good talent out of the south region. I’m sure you remember 2012 when we went 0-2 to Stony Brook and Missouri State, and Stony ended up making a run to the College World Series after upsetting LSU in Baton Rouge in the Super Regionals. Matt Senk is synonymous with success and tradition at Stony Brook, he’s been there for 32 years and is a superb baseball coach. He’s had 26 winning seasons, seven regular season championships, six conference tournament titles and six NCAA Tournament appearances.

Wagner (same conference as LIU Brooklyn), was swept by NC State last year, lost by 11 to Penn State and lost by 15 to Rutgers. And that’s the second-best team in the conference behind CCSU.

Northeast baseball as a whole is nowhere close to the South, the West Coast, the Texas/Arizona/Oklahoma portion, and now the Midwest is getting better with teams like Xavier and Dayton improving. It’s arguably the worst region in the country lol. I’ll give you Northeastern as a top 25 program, BC, UConn and some smaller schools like CCSU, Bryant and Maine (which big time programs still normally blast).

Arteaga must be a one and done coach here at Miami if we have any modicum of self-respect as a program.

Last edited:
No they’re not lol.

LIU Brooklyn was projected to finish 5th in the NEC and they just got swept by FIU. In fact, FIU pulverized them, with two of the three games being called due to mercy rule after seven innings. 6-4, 20-7, and 19-4. They’re a bad ball club.

Stony Brook beating LSU was a big upset yes, but the CAA is a very underrated baseball conference. Northeastern is a top 25 program, and schools like Campbell (40-win season a year ago), UNCW, Charleston and Elon routinely snag good talent out of the south region. I’m sure you remember 2012 when we went 0-2 to Stony Brook and Missouri State, and Stony ended up making a run to the College World Series after upsetting LSU in Baton Rouge in the Super Regionals. Matt Senk is synonymous with success and tradition at Stony Brook, he’s been there for 32 years and is a superb baseball coach. He’s had 26 winning seasons, seven regular season championships, six conference tournament titles and six NCAA Tournament appearances.

Wagner (same conference as LIU Brooklyn), was swept by NC State last year, lost by 11 to Penn State and lost by 15 to Rutgers. And that’s the second-best team in the conference behind CCSU.

Northeast baseball as a whole is nowhere close to the South, the West Coast, the Texas/Arizona/Oklahoma portion, and now the Midwest is getting better with teams like Xavier and Dayton improving. It’s arguably the worst region in the country lol. I’ll give you Northeastern as a top 25 program, BC, UConn and some smaller schools like CCSU, Bryant and Maine (which big time programs still normally blast).

Arteaga must be a one and done coach here at Miami if we have any modicum of self-respect as a program.

IMG_1339.jpeg

Heads hung indeed. Radtastic…

Advertisement
Misery loves company. Which is why people kept highlighting the fact Clemson lost 18-1 and FIU took both games of a doubleheader from ND, as if that helps the fact that our approach at the plate is incomprehensible.

Stony Brook beating LSU was a big upset yes, but the CAA is a very underrated baseball conference. Northeastern is a top 25 program, and schools like Campbell (40-win season a year ago), UNCW, Charleston and Elon routinely snag good talent out of the south region. I’m sure you remember 2012 when we went 0-2 to Stony Brook and Missouri State, and Stony ended up making a run to the College World Series after upsetting LSU in Baton Rouge in the Super Regionals.
I'm a Missouri State alum and I vividly remember that series. Missouri State had Stony Brook out. Had them down 7-2 in the 7th to take them out and their ace reliever (transfer from Arkansas) hurt his arm, tried to pitch through it without telling anyone and let Stony Brook steal it 8-7 or they'd have been 1-2 in the Regional and out.

Missouri State has had three instances where they should have made the CWS and had something zany happen each time. At least they've made it once or they'd be living in the East Carolina zone of ****.

Advertisement
Back