2/24/24 Game 7: LIU 4-2 L

I don’t know why y’all are surprised. Our pitching has been terrible for a decade. We seem to only recruit guys who hit homers and nothing else. There has been zero complimentary ball being played here for an hot minute. Our base running is worse than some local HS teams. This team lacks fundamentals big time.

Oh and we just made the laziest hire we could. But that wasn’t a surprise either.
I watched Carrier get picked off at first by an LIU catcher… that’s when I knew.

Advertisement
I don’t know why y’all are surprised. Our pitching has been terrible for a decade. We seem to only recruit guys who hit homers and nothing else. There has been zero complimentary ball being played here for an hot minute. Our base running is worse than some local HS teams. This team lacks fundamentals big time.

Oh and we just made the laziest hire we could. But that wasn’t a surprise either.
It’s not that most of are surprised. We’re just total sickos that want this once great program to succeed even though we all know **** well it won’t. It’s the truest form of insanity

Advertisement
We deserve this. We all knew JD was a terrible hire. Then he got hired. We hoped he’d make the roster better. But nope. He was content to bring in average D2 and Juco guys. So then we lose to a team called Long Island, who we are playing because they can’t play in their own state due to weather probably.

So, yeah…we deserve this after this hire.

Advertisement
But I was told this roster wasn’t mediocre this year, and that we are gonna be Omaha-bound for the next 3 seasons after this one? 🤦😂

Even last night’s win felt more like a loss to me. Yes the bats came up big late but ****…and I say this every year…we shouldn’t need “Mark Light Magic” against the NJIT’s or LIU’s of the world. Good teams make their own magic in conference tourneys or in the postseason, and we somehow need it against these types of schools early in the season. If you can’t see what’s wrong with that, I dunno what to tell you.

Next weekend against UF doesn’t look promising. We have more problems than answers right now.

If we ignore for a moment the fact that the boat is sinking to rearrange deck chairs: you have to move Torres up behind Cuvet immediately. I’d also give Robert a shot at closer.
Will there be a lot of games to close out beyond this week lol

Advertisement
Advertisement
Whose our new guru hitting coordinator? Guy has his work cut out for him with this group swinging for the fences but poppping absolutely everything up

Now Perez pulls back a bunt as our catcher 🤣

This program sucks ***

Isn’t it Mike Tosar?

We need to stop acting like we are the famous “young” team. Everyone outside of Cuvet and sometimes Jimenez, we are actually old as crap.
I’ve almost posted this about three times since Wednesday

We deserve this. We all knew JD was a terrible hire. Then he got hired. We hoped he’d make the roster better. But nope. He was content to bring in average D2 and Juco guys. So then we lose to a team called Long Island, who we are playing because they can’t play in their own state due to weather probably.

So, yeah…we deserve this after this hire.
Hey. Easy on LIU. Stony Brook just beat LSU and Wagner is playing TAMu tonight. All Long Island/New York teams that are competitive

Imagine strolling onto this message board, telling people Pollard "failed" his interview, telling people we will hire JD because we control the money, our AD does nothing about it, and we have some weirdo high school athlete jock sniffer starting our baseball game threads.

Good news is, it was in the 60s today, didn't have to tune in until the very end, and I don't have to deal with these type of scumbags because I am thousands of miles away.

Advertisement
Back