2/21/24 Game 5: UCF 3-1 L

Advertisement
I know CIS baseball had this debate last year of Long vs Villegas. It's obvious the coaches feel Villegas has beat him out.

However, I just don't see Villegas as a more productive option especially in the leadoff spot. Long brings a running game with less strikeouts and better speed in CF getting to balls other guys can't.

Just my opinion. Any thoughts?
Fully agree

Advertisement
Advertisement
At no point should the University of Miami have a right hander throwing absolute puss as their midweek starter.

It’s not that he had a bad game, but he is going to get ROCKED against any team with a pulse on offense. 85-87 with a 71-73 mph curve is legit Division 3 stuff. UCF’s arms looked better than ours, which is saying something.

The fact that our head coach (the pitching coach mind you) can’t find anything better is pathetic. We’re going to have to hit the portal hard for a plethora of arms in the summer of ‘24.

At the plate, the approaches were poor tonight. Zero aggression, a lot of fastball takes right down the pipe in early counts.

Advertisement
The guy who came in for Chestnut was the only pitcher not to perform yesterday. Chestnut gave up 2 infield hits and a walk in the 4th wasn't allowed to get the 3rd out after striking out his final hitter faced

I have everything on video breakdown. I love Laz but he got the played by ucf. Caba comes in and throws 7 straight balls, 1st pitch he threw was a wild pitch that allowed a run. Then a 3-2 count and carrier doesn’t dive for the ball. Brother just admit you didn’t watch the game and are a stat looker @Pitcher in the Rye

Advertisement
At no point should the University of Miami have a right hander throwing absolute puss as their midweek starter.

It’s not that he had a bad game, but he is going to get ROCKED against any team with a pulse on offense. 85-87 with a 71-73 mph curve is legit Division 3 stuff. UCF’s arms looked better than ours, which is saying something.

The fact that our head coach (the pitching coach mind you) can’t find anything better is pathetic. We’re going to have to hit the portal hard for a plethora of arms in the summer of ‘24.

At the plate, the approaches were poor tonight. Zero aggression, a lot of fastball takes right down the pipe in early counts.
These people are so lost it's crazy. UCF threw their #3 pitcher... we threw our #5 pitcher. UCF had two games canceled last week. Again these are the people who opinion should be irrelevant. Only come in these chats to push negativity and legit propaganda. Let me know when you're in here during the wins

These people are so lost it's crazy. UCF threw their #3 pitcher... we threw our #5 pitcher. UCF had two games canceled last week. Again these are the people who opinion should be irrelevant. Only come in these chats to push negativity and legit propaganda. Let me know when you're in here during the wins
As someone that played collegiate baseball and worked in scouting departments, I’m completely aware of the situation and the quality (or lack thereof) of arms that were on display last night.

UCF had 22 transfers, I get it. We’re a young team, but boy did we look closer to a middling/bottom-dwelling ACC team than anything remotely competitive. And yes, it’s not fair to completely judge the product until we get three to five weeks into the season. Kids need live reps both on the field, at the plate and on the mound. Velo should increase as the weather warms up and guys should become more comfortable.

I liked Vargas’s stuff, he has good run on his FB that misses barrels and is hard to pick up. He earned himself a look at a more prominent role just from that one appearance imo.

Overall however, I don’t expect more than a .500 record in conference play from what I saw last night, our first game against an average opponent with an entirely new roster.

Who appointed this moron baseball board monitor? Propaganda? Grow up.

I thought listening to Joe Zagacki compare the Penn State opener to the Cal State Fullerton sweep years ago was dumb, but you are giving him a run for his money. BTW How's that Penn State coach doing? Oh wait...

We already had long time fans starting game threads, let them do it, and please go away play with your friends.

Advertisement
Back