2/21/24 Game 5: UCF 3-1 L

@Pitcher in the Rye here's your evidence. Again you can be at the games just like me brother, but you clearly didn't go yesterday and only looked at stats

Baseball is by far the one team sport where individual performance can be quantified by stats but you use your own useless Tweets to justify your circular reasoning? Even worse you try to save face by using an argument from authority that you were at the game. Tell me again how that was one of his better performances as Cane when he allowed 7 base runners in in 3 and a third. Did you watch him at all last season? Here’s a tip. The game is on ACCNx replay in case you’re suffering from dementia. The last free tip is stop calling yourself a staff writer when your gladhanding takes are rife with spelling errors and middle school grammar.

Advertisement
Baseball is by far the one team sport where individual performance can be quantified by stats but you use your own useless Tweets to justify your circular reasoning? Even worse you try to save face by using an argument from authority that you were at the game. Tell me again how that was one of his better performances as Cane when he allowed 7 base runners in in 3 and a third. Did you watch him at all last season? Here’s a tip. The game is on ACCNx replay in case you’re suffering from dementia. The last free tip is stop calling yourself a staff writer when your gladhanding takes are rife with spelling errors and middle school grammar.
You have done nothing but write straight nonsense. You didn't go to the game, you didn't watch the game. You wrote all of that and still haven't said anything about myles caba letting in 3 runs? also I am not a staff writer, the only one calling me a staff writer is you. Just admit you have a personal agenda against chestnut? it's ok to admit someone you don't like performed well. I don't even like chestnut and he performed well

You have done nothing but write straight nonsense. You didn't go to the game, you didn't watch the game. You wrote all of that and still haven't said anything about myles caba letting in 3 runs? also I am not a staff writer, the only one calling me a staff writer is you. Just admit you have a personal agenda against chestnut? it's ok to admit someone you don't like performed well. I don't even like chestnut and he performed well
If you were actually on this forum last season I was gunning for Chestnutt over the truly awful Rosario at one point. I’ve got nothing against him although we all realize he some undeniable physical limitations. It says staff writer in your bio. I didn’t put it there. Are you a kid or something? I’ll stop commenting on your posts if that’s the case.

O/U on the game was 14.5 runs i think the odds makers thought chestnut was going to be terrible like @Pitcher in the Rye.. but wait the score was 4-3 and Caba allowed three runs?
Do you not understand the concept of inherited runners? There have been plenty of times where Chestnutt gave up a bunch of runs that he inherited and it didn’t affect his ERA. That’s how the game is scored. Caba didn’t put those runners on base. You need a copy of Baseball for Dummies? Happy to help.

Advertisement
Do you not understand the concept of inherited runners? There have been plenty of times where Chestnutt gave up a bunch of runs that he inherited and it didn’t affect his ERA. That’s how the game is scored. Caba didn’t put those runners on base. You need a copy of Baseball for Dummies? Happy to help.
Yes but in the videos I posted how is chestnut the person we should blame

Advertisement
Again these are the people who opinion should be irrelevant. Only come in these chats to push negativity and legit propaganda. Let me know when you're in here during the wins

Respectfully, Erick, the people on this board who are "negative" have been regulars for years and know the game as well as anyone. That sunshine pumping "we're fine, it's early" stuff ran its course about ten years ago.

This is not an Omaha-caliber program and most of us are tired of the lazy hires and mediocre play on the field.

Respectfully, Erick, the people on this board who are "negative" have been regulars for years and know the game as well as anyone. That sunshine pumping "we're fine, it's early" stuff ran its course about ten years ago.

This is not an Omaha-caliber program and most of us are tired of the lazy hires and mediocre play on the field.
I agree with you 99.99% of the time, but a 1-run midweek loss to UCF this early doesn't define the season. Just this season, mind you...not the state of the program. Just keeping perspective, not pumping sunshine at all. This is a mediocre roster and I'm on record as saying I'll be shocked/surprised if they make the postseason this year. You know I've argued with the sunshine pumpers for years just like you, regardless of screenname changes...lol.

Now, we wanna talk about the endemic issues in the program that JD was a part of and now trying to fix like an arsonist who got to become the fire chief? Sure...I'm with you there. Pass the ******* torch/pitchfork. I agree totally with your last sentence.

there's no chance brother. Best deal is the actual season tickets $175 for 35 games or more. My chairbacks are around $430 for the season
For $240/season x 5 family members every game... yeah, it's GA, but I don't mind slumming it and builds character for my boys... lol and they no longer mark tickets as 2 adult 3 kids.. it's 5 GA tickets, so you can bring whoever and/or sell/transfer tix as much as you want.

Advertisement
I agree with you 99.99% of the time, but a 1-run midweek loss to UCF this early doesn't define the season. Just this season, mind you...not the state of the program. Just keeping perspective, not pumping sunshine at all. This is a mediocre roster and I'm on record as saying I'll be shocked/surprised if they make the postseason this year. You know I've argued with the sunshine pumpers for years just like you, regardless of screenname changes...lol.

Now, we wanna talk about the endemic issues in the program that JD was a part of and now trying to fix like an arsonist who got to become the fire chief? Sure...I'm with you there. Pass the ******* torch/pitchfork. I agree totally with your last sentence.

Oh, absolutely. That one loss could be meaningless in the long run, one way or the other. We just don't need a newbie to come in saying that people have an agenda when they complain. We've got some long-suffering fans on this board who want to win more than anyone.

We aren’t Omaha caliber this season and maybe at the end of the year we are. But if our pitching looks like this throughout the year. I have more confidence in the team. My biggest concern is our pitching and bullpen not our hitting. I respect your opinion as well

For $240/season x 5 family members every game... yeah, it's GA, but I don't mind slumming it and builds character for my boys... lol and they no longer mark tickets as 2 adult 3 kids.. it's 5 GA tickets, so you can bring whoever and/or sell/transfer tix as much as you want.
I used to sit GA until 3 years ago. I would recommend buying some type of chairbacks for your back. The cheap ones they sell at the store downstairs aren’t very good. I would recommend a metal one

Advertisement

I definitely do not think this is a mediocre roster. These are going to be the guys taking us to Omaha for the next 3 years. We are probably one of the youngest teams in the nation

I used to sit GA until 3 years ago. I would recommend buying some type of chairbacks for your back. The cheap ones they sell at the store downstairs aren’t very good. I would recommend a metal one
Let’s get to the championship game of a regional before we jump the gun and start talking about Omaha 🤣 even the years we got great breaks with draws and were able to make it to Omaha we were absolutely outclassed in every way. Sure hope you’re right and we’re in Omaha in next couple years but wouldn’t bet on it

I definitely do not think this is a mediocre roster. These are going to be the guys taking us to Omaha for the next 3 years. We are probably one of the youngest teams in the nation
Respectfully agree to disagree. You might be right in 2-3 years, but I do think we need some major upgrades at key positions. I think about the only 2-3 guys that true Omaha-level programs would take off our squad this year are guys like Cyr, Cuvet, and maybe Carrier (potential w/him). I don't think the rest of our lineup would break into say, Wake Forest's lineup.

It's on JD to fix. I am rightfully skeptical (as a lot of us here are) given the past 2 decades of not being up to our program standard as much as we should be, but I'm not going anywhere. I'll still be watching. Prove me wrong, I say. I'll be happy if they do.

To be an Omaha team the next 3 years as you say, we're gonna have to get a lot of help via HS and the portal to be that caliber of program again. You'd better hope we clean up on both fronts and don't have bad luck w/draft signees like we always tend to.

All due respect, I think you're also buying the HS/PG hype from some of the younger guys and hoping they turn into studs here. I hope so too, but I'm not banking on it and making 3 years of Omaha proclamations like you just did...lol. Big difference.

Even in years where we managed to take the Florida series we often don't do anything in the postseason. Then we've lost the Florida series and made it to Omaha. It's a weird dynamic.

Advertisement
Back