2/21/24 Game 5: UCF 3-1 L

Respectfully agree to disagree. You might be right in 2-3 years, but I do think we need some major upgrades at key positions. I think about the only 2-3 guys that true Omaha-level programs would take off our squad this year are guys like Cyr, Cuvet, and maybe Carrier (potential w/him). I don't think the rest of our lineup would break into say, Wake Forest's lineup.

It's on JD to fix. I am rightfully skeptical (as a lot of us here are) given the past 2 decades of not being up to our program standard as much as we should be, but I'm not going anywhere. I'll still be watching. Prove me wrong, I say. I'll be happy if they do.

To be an Omaha team the next 3 years as you say, we're gonna have to get a lot of help via HS and the portal to be that caliber of program again. You'd better hope we clean up on both fronts and don't have bad luck w/draft signees like we always tend to.

All due respect, I think you're also buying the HS/PG hype from some of the younger guys and hoping they turn into studs here. I hope so too, but I'm not banking on it and making 3 years of Omaha proclamations like you just did...lol. Big difference.
If we get 3/4 top pitchers we have signed we’re going to Omaha next year. The staff has labeled next years signee class as a “Omaha and national championship type of class”

Advertisement
If we get 3/4 top pitchers we have signed we’re going to Omaha next year. The staff has labeled next years signee class as a “Omaha and national championship type of class”
That's where you're putting a ton of faith in where I just can't follow you into it...lol. Seen too much ineptitude in this program the past decade or more for me to *actually* believe that. Seen some good times and some fun players to watch as well to be fair...but if you're banking on 3/4 pitchers currently in HS to send us to Omaha 3 straight years starting next season, I've got some oceanfront property in Kentucky to sell you. That's some blind faith and a lot of things have to go just right for that to happen...awful big limb to be out on.

You legit think we're 3-4 pitchers away from an Omaha squad with what's on campus now? Is that what you're telling me?

That's where you're putting a ton of faith in where I just can't follow you into it...lol. Seen too much ineptitude in this program the past decade or more for me to *actually* believe that. Seen some good times and some fun players to watch as well to be fair...but if you're banking on 3/4 pitchers currently in HS to send us to Omaha 3 straight years starting next season, I've got some oceanfront property in Kentucky to sell you. That's some blind faith and a lot of things have to go just right for that to happen...awful big limb to be out on.

You legit think we're 3-4 pitchers away from an Omaha squad with what's on campus now? Is that what you're telling me?
Have you seen the class? It’s the best recruiting class we have signed in years. And now with NIL there’s a higher chance to keep the kids. There’s no faith here. This is just what is going to happen.

Have you seen the class? It’s the best recruiting class we have signed in years. And now with NIL there’s a higher chance to keep the kids. There’s no faith here. This is just what is going to happen.
Erick...*sigh*...yes, it can be a highly rated class. Yes, it can have really good/great players according to "experts". That can make you hopeful/excited, but making wild proclamations of "this is just what is going to happen" when it comes to recruiting classes isn't smart.

One thing you probably have no idea about is I used to write football recruiting articles for an old Canes site, CanesOverHere. I covered the football recruiting classes. I did it from 2007 to 2017. The site/message board is still functional...you can go look it up if you want. I'm not a fly by night sort of dude here. I've been around the Canes sites for a LOOOONG time.

If there's one thing I've learned, and it's true in all sports - not just football or baseball, is recruiting can be exciting because of the ratings and the HS tape and the hype and the "hope springs eternal" of it all. But the rankings, hype, potential, and projections does not *guarantee* success.

I remember when we signed the top rated class in 2008 under Randy Shannon. The Miami Northwestern kids were supposed to bring the program back to the pinnacle of college football. The highest ranked players in that class were probably Marcus Forston, Arthur Brown, and Aldarius Johnson. So......following your logic about baseball, that class should have led us to the BCS Championship 3 of the 4 years they were here. Spoiler alert...didn't happen.

And you're talking about the #6 class per PG, and assuming they all make it to campus. You're hanging your hat on a lot of variables that could work either for or against their success or failure. I'll be rooting for them to be excellent in Canes unis...just like I did that '08 football class.

I'm just trying to be rational here...which you were thankful for earlier in this thread. Being a fan means we all say some wild **** from time to time...but pump the brakes a little bud! :ROFLMAO: Find that middle ground. Just person to person, it saves you some heartache, and given recent history under Morris/DiMare (and JD was here the whole time too), be pleasantly surprised if it does turn out great as opposed to declaring us the next coming of the '27 Yankees.

Advertisement
Back