2/21/24 Game 5: UCF 3-1 L

I completely disagree with the announcer. The 1st base bag is in fair territory. The runner's lane is in foul territory. At some point in any play, the batter has to cross from the the runner's lane into fair territory to touch the bag.

Villegas was trying to avoid running into the 1st baseman. He should have just run him over (bad decision) or crossed into fair territory much sooner.

Advertisement
1 loss already in the midweek column. Probably against the best team on our midweek schedule but this team isn’t going to be good enough in acc play not to have a stellar midweek record.

Tonight was bad

Advertisement
Never a fan of not making them make a decision on a throw to second when you have first and third. Only caught the end of this one but god**** what a **** show from the officiating crew.

Advertisement
Rough game, out to dinner, but following. In contrast to some yahoo who accused me of not posting when we lose. Did not watch, I will later.

Never a fan of not making them make a decision on a throw to second when you have first and third. Only caught the end of this one but god**** what a **** show from the officiating crew.
Yes, - no brainer. If they throw through, you send Villegas from 3rd. And Long stayed put two innings before as Dorian ended inning w DP.

Advertisement
1 loss already in the midweek column. Probably against the best team on our midweek schedule but this team isn’t going to be good enough in acc play not to have a stellar midweek record.

Tonight was bad
Not hard to believe when we play the same 4-5 schools mid week.....small sample size

Advertisement
I'm very happy with our pitching so far. The only decision i really don't understand was bringing in Caba to split Chestnut and Vargas.
I thought it would be a 3 inning 3 inning split between both of them. But our pitching has been good

Advertisement
Back