2/19 UVA (ESPNU 9:00PM)

Winning a couple of close games might "fools gold." Starting 5-0 in the ACC might be "fools gold." We're f-ing 12-0 and 7-0 on the road. Does that mean we beat UVA? No. Does that mean we win every road game we have left, even against teams not named Duke? No. Are we for real regardless? Yes.

Here is a fun stat, how many teams went undefeated in the ACC?

Duke x 1 (98-99)
UNC x 1 (86-87)
South Carolina x 1 (69-70)

(Are there any others?)

These 12 Games we won aren't freak accidents or fools gold, you don't beat UNC twice and #1 Duke by almost 30 points in a freak accident. But to win every game in the ACC is an extremely rare, I am not rooting against us but people don't understand how hard it is.

Advertisement
Lets be honest, we only had 2 shooting nights like we did at Clemson all season. It is not going to happen Tuesday. The only thing that has concerned me the last two games has been defense. I think we will step it up at home and destroy them.

HA HA...Clemson shot 30% and scored 43 points...defense was not the concern.

Defensive rebounding was disconcerting last time out, and that's all about effort.

We didn't play nearly as hard against Clemson as we have been used to seeing, and that is perfectly fine as long as it doesn't become a habit.

Advertisement
Back