2/19 UVA (ESPNU 9:00PM)

Mr. Canedaddy,

Let's start from the beginning.

1. Defense is made up of a lot of variables: (1) Schemes, (2) Disrupting Shots, (3) Disrupting Passing Lanes, (4) Limiting Second Chances etc. etc. but the end result is how many points do they score. Now a team can shoot the ball terribly (like Clemson does) and that only makes it easier for a defense to limit the amount of points scored. The bottom line is we held them to 43 points (insert any reasons why here) and they normally score 62.0PPG. Too me the end result is our defense (insert any reasons why here) held them to 19 points less then their average.

2. It was you who quoted the following "So they played the greatest defense of all time against us??" I was only pointing out (after I am sure you were being sarcastic) that if Clemson played the best defense yesterday and we held them to less points than we should have had the best defense yesterday. In no way am I being serious but we did hold them to less then they held us. It just seems that two people were being sarcastic.

3. This all or nothing stuff needs to stop. The amount of points doesn't automatically equate to the quality of the defense (as I said in #1 the different variables) but yesterday the defense was pretty darn good. If not for one player on Clemson (James the Grim Reaper Roper), they barely score 30 points. Shane was all over Mr. Roper and even biased Jay *** Williams said "there is not much more Shane could have done there." Roper was hitting everything yesterday and that was the one bleak part of our defense.

I repeat Clemson had 2 points up until 9:39 in the first half.

I am not going to drag this out. We just have a difference of opinion. I understand defense and all I am saying is that if you go back over the course of our winning streak and look at how aggressive and uptempo we have been, the past two games is concerning. There could be lots of factors to this, but it just hasnt been the same. I am not saying our defense is bad as I still believe they are top 5 in the nation but not up to par IMO.

That is fine but you said this

Lets be honest, we only had 2 shooting nights like we did at Clemson all season. It is not going to happen Tuesday. The only thing that has concerned me the last two games has been defense. I think we will step it up at home and destroy them.

I responded to this.

Was the defense good last game, sure. Was the energy level different, sure.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Sweep the leg. Take the podium after MSU takes care of Indy.

MSU undefeated at home and are the favorites at -1.5.

Question to everyone, as a player would you want to know the MSU/IU score?

They won't know the final score by the time the game starts. Between warmups and what not, they likely won't see anything after half time unless L has someone provide the information to them.

Advertisement

They won't know the final score by the time the game starts. Between warmups and what not, they likely won't see anything after half time unless L has someone provide the information to them.

I'm thinking they might announce the score at the game.

Might have to storm the court and then get back to the seats to continue our game :)

Advertisement

It will be entirely up to Coach L to say if he wants it allowed officially announced or not. I would want that in my back pocket if we're playing poorly as motivation. Down 8 at half? Mention that IU lost and if we lose a team we beat will be considered #1 while we fall to #5. He'll make it sound good. If we're up 15 at half, he'll want it to keep focus and keep pushing to make it 30.

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Subject: I just don't think Miami is that great. I expect us to compete.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Posted by: HTrain90 on Tue Feb 19 2013 2:08:37 AM[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Message:And I'm not sorry for that.

Miami could be .500 the rest of the way and I wouldn't bat an eye. They're
a lot of fools gold.

[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Subject: Heres one.......Miami has looked vulnerable and if we play our D, we are just[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Posted by: ftwuva on Tue Feb 19 2013 1:31:37 AM[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Message:the team to beat em[/FONT]

Advertisement
Winning a couple of close games might "fools gold." Starting 5-0 in the ACC might be "fools gold." We're f-ing 12-0 and 7-0 on the road. Does that mean we beat UVA? No. Does that mean we win every road game we have left, even against teams not named Duke? No. Are we for real regardless? Yes.

The worst defense was when we let their guard dribble down the court unmolested, then drive to the hoop. 9 out of 10 times, it would have been a foul on us, AND probably a made layup.

I don't think you understand basketball...or the situation that entailed. Here is a fun stat (that is true unlike your 9 out of 10 BS stat), TMJ hits 86/87% of his FT. If he hits his second, which he does normally (see his FT Shooting %) that layup is irrelevant. I can do this too, except when I do it I speak from real stats and not some 9 out of 10 BS.

Owned.

This team might kill UVA by 40 if they go full ******. I'm sure L has their undivided attention after that unfettered pile of bovine excrement we laid up in hickville.

That was my point too. Coach L now has 40 minutes of the bad tape he's been dying for. I'll bet that regardless of what he said to the press, it wasn't pretty at the Hecht yesterday.

Winning a couple of close games might "fools gold." Starting 5-0 in the ACC might be "fools gold." We're f-ing 12-0 and 7-0 on the road. Does that mean we beat UVA? No. Does that mean we win every road game we have left, even against teams not named Duke? No. Are we for real regardless? Yes.

Not to mention that we have been obliterating every team at home.

Advertisement
Back