2/19 UVA (ESPNU 9:00PM)

Consigliere

All-American
UVA is 18-7 (8-4), they are 3-5 on the road and 7-3 in their last 10.

#79 RPI

#146 SOS

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/rankings/rpi/index2
http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/bracketology/sos

First, let's focus on UVA. They look good on paper but the RPI and SOS reveals the real truth. This team is not some difficult juggernaut and they have a losing record on the road. Again, if you are scared of UVA on the road, you are really scared of us. Second, Harris and Mitchel normally combine for about 30 points and 13 rebounds. UVA averages 65 PPG (10th in the ACC) and hold teams to 54.0 PPG (1st in the ACC)

Finally, let's forget about Clemson because we won. We played 2 games on the road last week and won both. Now we have 6 games left and 4 are home, the magic number is 16.

Advertisement
Watched them get blown out in the second half at UNC. They are not a good road team at all, with losses to George Mason and some other mediocre mid-major, as well as losses at GT and UNC. We should win at home, but we only have a day's rest.

The word is on the skreets, the Canes have a yellow streak and are primed to have their uppence come. (that's not my opinion, that's the vibe on the streets after FSU and Clemson).

No doubt UVA believes. The key is to turn their dreams into the revenge of reallity, and spank them early! No morer soccer offensive performances in the first five minutes, no more turnover circus, no more foolishment.

Personally, I think the Canes come out firing, one day rest not a factor

UVA is not a good team if they don't control the tempo. As UNC showed after being down 19-29 in the first half, pick up the pace, they will get winded. Their lateral movement is impressive and defense in slowed down set games is very good, but pick it up and they will be winded, foul a lot on reaches and wind up depending on jacked up 3 balls.

The word is on the skreets, the Canes have a yellow streak and are primed to have their uppence come. (that's not my opinion, that's the vibe on the streets after FSU and Clemson).

No doubt UVA believes. The key is to turn their dreams into the revenge of reallity, and spank them early! No morer soccer offensive performances in the first five minutes, no more turnover circus, no more foolishment.

I'm sure people said they weren't that good after beating BC by 1, and struggling at VT. Simple fact is, road games, against anyone in conference are tough, and Miami is a different animal at the BUC.

Advertisement
Lets be honest, we only had 2 shooting nights like we did at Clemson all season. It is not going to happen Tuesday. The only thing that has concerned me the last two games has been defense. I think we will step it up at home and destroy them.

Defense concerned you last night?

Dont let the score fool you, they just couldnt shoot worth the ****. Until late in the 2nd half, our defense was not that great. We had some moments on the inside but our perimeter defense was not that good.

I'm sure people said they weren't that good after beating BC by 1, and struggling at VT. Simple fact is, road games, against anyone in conference are tough, and Miami is a different animal at the BUC.

I agree. But UVA is thinking that they have a shot at the highlight of their year, in front of the national audience. I think coming home will cure the ills of FSU and Clemson, and besides overall bad nights, we were the better team in the last minute of both road games

Advertisement
Lets be honest, we only had 2 shooting nights like we did at Clemson all season. It is not going to happen Tuesday. The only thing that has concerned me the last two games has been defense. I think we will step it up at home and destroy them.

What game we're you watching yesterday? They scored 43 points. Yes, 43 points. Not in a half but in a whole game.

Dont let the score fool you, they just couldnt shoot worth the ****. Until late in the 2nd half, our defense was not that great. We had some moments on the inside but our perimeter defense was not that good.

Correct they missed shots, they also had some DBag freshman hit some incredibly difficult shots last night. The score fooled you apparently, they had 2 points till about 9:39 left in the first half.

Again, the score is what counts (shot attempts seems like that irrelevant BS total defense statistic that people quote all the time). Defense needs to limit baskets, we held them to 43 points. Is Clemson a good offensive team, NO! But Clemson normally averages 62.0PPG and we held them to almost 20.0 points less then their average. On a night when we couldn't score, thank god our defense limited them to 43 total points.

The worst defense was when we let their guard dribble down the court unmolested, then drive to the hoop. 9 out of 10 times, it would have been a foul on us, AND probably a made layup.

Can't let that happen. Too many good guards will go coast to coast and buzzer beat us in the tourney!

Advertisement
The worst defense was when we let their guard dribble down the court unmolested, then drive to the hoop. 9 out of 10 times, it would have been a foul on us, AND probably a made layup.

I don't think you understand basketball...or the situation that entailed. Here is a fun stat (that is true unlike your 9 out of 10 BS stat), TMJ hits 86/87% of his FT. If he hits his second, which he does normally (see his FT Shooting %) that layup is irrelevant. I can do this too, except when I do it I speak from real stats and not some 9 out of 10 BS.

Correct they missed shots, they also had some DBag freshman hit some incredibly difficult shots last night. The score fooled you apparently, they had 2 points till about 9:39 left in the first half.

Again, the score is what counts (shot attempts seems like that irrelevant BS total defense statistic that people quote all the time). Defense needs to limit baskets, we held them to 43 points. Is Clemson a good offensive team, NO! But Clemson normally averages 62.0PPG and we held them to almost 20.0 points less then their average. On a night when we couldn't score, thank god our defense limited them to 43 total points.

So they played the greatest defense of all time against us?? Wisconsin played the greatest defense of all time against * yesterday?

Dude, you are automatically equating a score to how good someone played defensively which is wrong. They had a lot of open shots yesterday and couldnt put them in. They drove the middle through our defense numerous times. We had a hard time guarding against the perimeter. **** happens. We did not play good defense yesterday regardless of what the score says. If we had a hand in their face most of the time then I would agree that our defense affected the score. We didnt, they are just not very good.

This team might kill UVA by 40 if they go full ******. I'm sure L has their undivided attention after that unfettered pile of bovine excrement we laid up in hickville.

Advertisement

So they played the greatest defense of all time against us?? Wisconsin played the greatest defense of all time against * yesterday?

Dude, you are automatically equating a score to how good someone played defensively which is wrong. They had a lot of open shots yesterday and couldnt put them in. They drove the middle through our defense numerous times. We had a hard time guarding against the perimeter. **** happens. We did not play good defense yesterday regardless of what the score says. If we had a hand in their face most of the time then I would agree that our defense affected the score. We didnt, they are just not very good.

Wow. Is this real life? I will respond later but wouldn't our defense be better then clemson because we held them to less points. I feel like dean wormer right now with this all or nothing post but to quote the wise man "fat drunk and stupid is no way to go through life."

Wow. Is this real life? I will respond later but wouldn't our defense be better then clemson because we held them to less points. I feel like dean wormer right now with this all or nothing post but to quote the wise man "fat drunk and stupid is no way to go through life."

You are acting like I said our defense ******* sucks. I said our defense has concerned me the last two games. If you look at how agressive they have been the entire season and look at the last two games, it is pretty noticeable to see it is not the same. It could be stamina, teams figuring out how to attack it, etc. Did I ever say that Clemson's defense is better than ours? You are reaching to prove a point.

Mr. Canedaddy,

Let's start from the beginning.

1. Defense is made up of a lot of variables: (1) Schemes, (2) Disrupting Shots, (3) Disrupting Passing Lanes, (4) Limiting Second Chances etc. etc. but the end result is how many points do they score. Now a team can shoot the ball terribly (like Clemson does) and that only makes it easier for a defense to limit the amount of points scored. The bottom line is we held them to 43 points (insert any reasons why here) and they normally score 62.0PPG. Too me the end result is our defense (insert any reasons why here) held them to 19 points less then their average.

2. It was you who quoted the following "So they played the greatest defense of all time against us??" I was only pointing out (after I am sure you were being sarcastic) that if Clemson played the best defense yesterday and we held them to less points than we should have had the best defense yesterday. In no way am I being serious but we did hold them to less then they held us. It just seems that two people were being sarcastic.

3. This all or nothing stuff needs to stop. The amount of points doesn't automatically equate to the quality of the defense (as I said in #1 the different variables) but yesterday the defense was pretty darn good. If not for one player on Clemson (James the Grim Reaper Roper), they barely score 30 points. Shane was all over Mr. Roper and even biased Jay *** Williams said "there is not much more Shane could have done there." Roper was hitting everything yesterday and that was the one bleak part of our defense.

I repeat Clemson had 2 points up until 9:39 in the first half.

Mr. Canedaddy,

Let's start from the beginning.

1. Defense is made up of a lot of variables: (1) Schemes, (2) Disrupting Shots, (3) Disrupting Passing Lanes, (4) Limiting Second Chances etc. etc. but the end result is how many points do they score. Now a team can shoot the ball terribly (like Clemson does) and that only makes it easier for a defense to limit the amount of points scored. The bottom line is we held them to 43 points (insert any reasons why here) and they normally score 62.0PPG. Too me the end result is our defense (insert any reasons why here) held them to 19 points less then their average.

2. It was you who quoted the following "So they played the greatest defense of all time against us??" I was only pointing out (after I am sure you were being sarcastic) that if Clemson played the best defense yesterday and we held them to less points than we should have had the best defense yesterday. In no way am I being serious but we did hold them to less then they held us. It just seems that two people were being sarcastic.

3. This all or nothing stuff needs to stop. The amount of points doesn't automatically equate to the quality of the defense (as I said in #1 the different variables) but yesterday the defense was pretty darn good. If not for one player on Clemson (James the Grim Reaper Roper), they barely score 30 points. Shane was all over Mr. Roper and even biased Jay *** Williams said "there is not much more Shane could have done there." Roper was hitting everything yesterday and that was the one bleak part of our defense.

I repeat Clemson had 2 points up until 9:39 in the first half.

I am not going to drag this out. We just have a difference of opinion. I understand defense and all I am saying is that if you go back over the course of our winning streak and look at how aggressive and uptempo we have been, the past two games is concerning. There could be lots of factors to this, but it just hasnt been the same. I am not saying our defense is bad as I still believe they are top 5 in the nation but not up to par IMO.

Advertisement
Back