(2/17) Miami vs. Cuse (CBS-Noon)

Another game with almost nothing from Huell offensively; another game shooting less than 30% from three and right around 30% overall; another game where hitting more free throws could have changed things; another game with Amp misfiring from everywhere...

The tournament is a real question at this point. ND, BC, and VT all SHOULD be wins. Win two of them and we're in. But I'm not confident in that anymore. I know Bruce Brown wasn't having a great year and there was a lot to be frustrated about regarding his performances. But he makes a difference in several of these recent games unfortunately.

Advertisement
If you had any clue about basketball you wouldn't have to resort to posts like this.

I
Don't talk basketball with trollish ***hits, those that's account opened at 1 pm. Now troll on , have fun and strap on that helmet tight

Another game with almost nothing from Huell offensively; another game shooting less than 30% from three and right around 30% overall; another game where hitting more free throws could have changed things; another game with Amp misfiring from everywhere...

We just played the two best defensive teams in the ACC and we couldn't score more than 55 points. Other than a breakdown in the last 6 minutes against BC, things have gone pretty much as usual.

Advertisement
No, but that's a complete non sequitur.

This is what people do when they're clearly exposed. They just ask rhetorical questions.

It's not a rhetorical question, you literally just said that whether a stupid shot goes in or not is irrelevant because in your view, in order to beat a zone defense you need to take all but 2 players out of the play and jack up 3s.

20 of your 24 posts have refuted as to much

So answer my question, were you okay with the majority of those idiotic 3 point shots with 15 seconds or more on the clock? Do you truly believe coach L had the best game plan in play for today's game?

We didnt play well, but refs made 3 critical calls last 4 minuets all went against Miami. Cuse also made tough shot after tough shot, shooting well above averages.

It's not a rhetorical question, you literally just said that whether a stupid shot goes in or not is irrelevant because in your view, in order to beat a zone defense you need to take all but 2 players out of the play and jack up 3s.

At least quote me accurately next time.

You're right. Going 7 for 29 at the 3 point line was clearly the best strategy

I never once used the word irrelevant to refute this post.

I said that going 7-of-29 has nothing to do with strategy. A good strategy can lead to 7-of-29 and a bad strategy can lead to 7-of-29. You are amazingly terrible at basketball analysis and seemingly simple logic.

Advertisement
So answer my question, were you okay with the majority of those idiotic 3 point shots with 15 seconds or more on the clock?

This is a stupid question from somebody who doesn't understand basketball.

I asked you several times if you even understood what a zone is. You never answered. I think we know why.

Do you truly believe coach L had the best game plan in play for today's game?

Every game plan against a zone is predicated on making jumpers. You're just mad because the shots didn't go in and you have no way to rationalize it except to blame the coach for bad strategy.

You don't know enough about basketball to do anything else.

So with 62 secs left. And 23 seconds on the shot clock. Bench tells walker (who has 3 fouls) to intentionally pick up his 4th.

We aren't in the bonus. Which from watching it again, I don't think L knew. Horrible.

This resets the shot clock. We don't foul again. Instead we let them take the clock down to 40 secs. And we get called for a horrible shooting foul.

Walker fouls out

It's not a one and one but now a 2 shot foul

I mean. You couldn't **** up that bad if you were trying to lose the game. That's how bad that is.

In summary:

Down 4
74 secs left
Not in bonus.

U decide to:

Foul with ur top player giving him 4 after wasting 12 secs
Then don't foul wasting 34 secs
Then foul anyway on a shot, fouling out said top player
Opponent gets automatic 2 shots instead of 1 and 1

Ballgame

That's how u lose close games.

We just played the two best defensive teams in the ACC and we couldn't score more than 55 points. Other than a breakdown in the last 6 minutes against BC, things have gone pretty much as usual.

Who said you were allowed to be reasonable around here?

In all seriousness, I know UVA and Cuse play defense that makes it tough for every team they play. But it doesn't make it less frustrating when we miss the opportunities that we do get. If we won the BC game I'd be less annoyed right now. But a three game losing streak at this point in the season is a bad look and we're going to be on the bubble until the selection time because of it. And the breakdown against BC is just representative of our struggles at the end of the game every time. Today was another example.

Last edited:
Advertisement
No, facts just refute what you and others are saying. I've never understood the love for Lykes. I think it mainly has to do with Newton being terrible and so Lykes looks good by comparison.

Either way, Lykes has a chance to be pretty good but he's not right now.

You are an absolute moron. Lykes is going to be a beast. You do realize he started over Markelle Fultz on their AAU team right?

Since starting 10-0 we are 8-8 with some good wins and some terrible losses.

Outside of GT, where are the terrible losses? BC has overachieved at home and Syracuse is an inconsistent team, much like Miami. The funny thing is that despite this frustrating week, Miami is still in position to reach the 10 wins needed to punch a ticket to the dance. Two home games against VT and BC, as well as a winnable road game in South Bend. What's funny is that Miami hasn't stolen a game yet from someone, and that's a hallmark of L's tenure. I wouldn't be shocked if this team rebounded and won the next four, I think three wins has a favorable chance of happening.

Advertisement
I hope this quiets all the insufferable porsters claiming that its so difficult to win away games in the ACC.

Just because an exception to the rule exists, that doesn't make the rule less applicable. There are stories of people getting shot in between the eyes with nail guns and surviving, doesn't mean that you should let your buddy down at the construction site live out his William Tell fantasies.

This is a stupid question from somebody who doesn't understand basketball.

I asked you several times if you even understood what a zone is. You never answered. I think we know why.

It's depressing to see that the stupidity from the football board infect the basketball side. Then again, I'm not shocked. Stupidity has a way of spreading.

Getting harder and harder to watch. the kids need to figure this out and ignore the stupid whistle

If you are content with being in a position to make the NCAA Tournament, then Coach L is your guy.

If we have any desire to ever compete for a championship, then we have to find our up-and-coming version of Sean Miller or Jay Wright.

Advertisement
Back