2/10 @ BC 2:00 PM (ESPN APP)

There is a very real scenario come next Sunday we are tied with Boston College in the ACC standings

Advertisement
Let's see, can't blame this loss on Coach L, but I see several in here that seem to be doing it. Caputo coached an atrocious game. Huell was ****. Those bashing Newton didn't watch the game. His defense was great, actually the reason we were up and should have won. When Caputo took him out for Lykes, they came back. Sam should have played more in the 2nd half, no idea why he didn't, and this is a game where we finally missed Brown.

I still don't see that Lonnie has truly "broken out." That takes consistency. Gotta think Coach L on the bench woulda been worth 3 points more for us. I still stand by my comment that we most always underperform at BC, winning or not. Same at Wake where we're 3-3 under Coach L. We've always had the far superior teams when playing those two particular schools yet ... we play better at Cameron.

Lonnie had a bad game. He also was taken out of the game by the refs (he had 4 fouls and only played 20 minutes). What sucks is that unless we pull a major upset, we're going to be on a 2 game losing streak and 7-6 in the conference after Tuesday. This was a great chance to get a big cushion. A lot of blame to go around, but you're not going to win many games not scoring in the last 6:17.

Advertisement
And here we go with the stupid crap from the peanut gallery. Miami will EASILY crack 40, especially if DJ continues to shoot this way. What kills the backline is shooters knocking down jumpers, and it appears that DJ is starting to heat up again. If Miami gets off to a hot start against UVa, they can run away and hide from the Hoos, because offensively they are the same team they've always been under Bennett: Mediocre.

Another potato. Awesome. Better the peanut gallery than the short bus. You should probably get back to whining about the officiating.

This just isn’t a good team. End of story. Disappointing, because I thought when the season started, we’d be pretty good. All this FBI investigation sure hasn’t helped because there won’t be much help coming to this bunch next year.

Advertisement
Huell, Walker and Lawrence were terrible today. A combined 4-19 shooting.

The scary part was that despite all three being awful, this team was an awful turnover away from going to OT, and possibly winning an ACC road game. Frankly, it shouldn't have come down to that, Miami should have been able to ice BC with the lead being seven with under six to go, but as we've seen time and time again in college basketball, teams struggle to slam the door in conference play, on the road. Teams like Kansas, Arizona and others have suffered bad conference losses, in some cases MULTIPLE bad conference losses.

I actually thought it was a very well played game until the final 6 minutes. It was a winnable game. Walker makes an easy pass to Lykes and for whatever reason, he drops the **** ball and turns it over. If he catches it and moves the ball, we might have been up 9 and game over essentially. Walker did struggle today but it wasn't like he got any help from his team mates. I would even argue that they deliberately rotated the ball away from Walker in a way that did not give him a chance to be a force in the game. Jealousy seems to be creeping in and that is not good. When that play happened, there should have been an immediate time out call. That is why not having coach on the court hurt.

At the end, we played to kill the clock and not to score points. An obvious mistake. DJ did not take a single three pointer down the stretch and the guy is red hot from three right now. And Huell needs help down low. I'd love to see Huell and Izundu on the court at the same time down the stretch to force teams to shoot threes when they are behind. Too many times, its Huell trying to defend against two or three players in the paint.

I do think we beat Virginia at home. Virginia plays tight defense in the paint. But if you can consistently hit the three you can take them out of their style of offense. I think at home, we make these shots and they don't make their shots.

Awful embarrassing loss. I'm as big a fan as any of you so no calling me a **** or potato or troll. I love this team year in and year out but this loss really ****ed me off. I got so mad. How do you not score a point the last 6 minutes to a bottom feeding ACC team? Idc that it's a road game. They had 3 guys play the entire game. And a couple others played majority of the game. 53 of 72 points to 2 guys.

Lawrence with the under the basket save to BC was idiotic. As was the foul call. And lykes dropping the pass from Lonnie. And The inability to put the ball in the hoop from underneath it off of Lonnies miss. Just an embarrassing way to lose. I hope coach L comes back quick. Clearly he means a lot to this team. They can beat Virginia but they couldn't score a single point in the final 6ish minutes vs BC so how can we trust them to do so vs Virginia?!

Advertisement
Just to sum up the last 6:17.

- Lykes hits the final of 2 FTs (this would be our final points in the game)
- 5 TOs
- 0-3 from 3PT
- 3 Missed Layups
- 1 Missed FT
- Amp's low IQ rebound with 2 TOs left (I was shocked that Amp did this)

The above has nothing to do with the refs. This was a total coat hanger abortion and we did it to ourselves.

As for our coach, who never should be considered for the job, there were 3 timeouts during that span:

- Official Timeout with 3:48,
- Miami Timeout 1:39,
- Boston College Timeout :25

The most puzzling one is the :25 timeout above. What did he tell them during that one? Did he notify them we had 2 timeouts remaining?

Also, not sure why he kept Huell in that game. I guess he hasn't been paying attention to what Coach L has been doing with Sam.

I don't understand how we lost that game. I don't understand how 3 starters could all play so bad on the same day.

-------------------------------

Onto UVA and the momentum we had is gone. Hopefully we come to play.

What's wrong with Huell? Going from our most consistent scorer to barely contributing? Injured? Pouting? Doghouse?

Just to sum up the last 6:17.

- Lykes hits the final of 2 FTs (this would be our final points in the game)
- 5 TOs
- 0-3 from 3PT
- 3 Missed Layups
- 1 Missed FT
- Amp's low IQ rebound with 2 TOs left (I was shocked that Amp did this)

The above has nothing to do with the refs. This was a total coat hanger abortion and we did it to ourselves.

As for our coach, who never should be considered for the job, there were 3 timeouts during that span:

- Official Timeout with 3:48,
- Miami Timeout 1:39,
- Boston College Timeout :25

The most puzzling one is the :25 timeout above. What did he tell them during that one? Did he notify them we had 2 timeouts remaining?

Also, not sure why he kept Huell in that game. I guess he hasn't been paying attention to what Coach L has been doing with Sam.

I don't understand how we lost that game. I don't understand how 3 starters could all play so bad on the same day.

-------------------------------

Onto UVA and the momentum we had is gone. Hopefully we come to play.

This is outcome in a nutshell. I love the canes but the2018 version is extremely frustrating. This team goes into 5-6 minutes periods where there are no points to be had.
The turnovers the last 6 minutes are just inexcusable

This team in all likelihood does get invited to the dance, but if we end up a 8-10 seed (very likely) we could easily be one and done.
Exasperating.

Advertisement
Soooo, how's the coach. Hopefully not the flu. At his age that has proven pretty dangerous. Hope he get's better, he was obviously missed....but more important that he gets better.

Soooo, how's the coach. Hopefully not the flu. At his age that has proven pretty dangerous. Hope he get's better, he was obviously missed....but more important that he gets better.
He isnt 85 years old. People get sick at any age.

Advertisement
Back