2/10 @ BC 2:00 PM (ESPN APP)

Consigliere

All-American
Another sub-par team but this time on the road. BC is 14-10 (4-7), they're 1-4 in their last 5 and 4-6 in their last 10. BC is 4-2 at home during conference play and this includes a win against Duke. BC has 2 really good guards and one of them is capable of dropping 25+ with ease. We really need to do a job of contesting the 3PT because they can hit them at a high %.

BPI: 85
SOS: 49
RPI: 82

BC scores 76.1 PPG (119th), allows 72.9 PPG (194th) and hits 37.4% of 3PTs (75th).

Players to Watch:

Jerome Robinson: 20.1 PPG, 3.6 RPG, 3.3 APG and 1.0 SPG [Shoots 47% from 3PT]
Ky Bowman: 16.6 PPG, 7.0 RPG, 5.0 APG and 1.1 SPG
Jordan Chatman: 13.0 PPG, 2.4 RPG and 1.3 APG [Shoots 42% from 3PT]

Random Tidbits:

- BC scores 79.5 PPG at home during conference play [2/6 of their home games went to OT]
- BC plays it close at home. Their average victory at home during conference play is 6.25 Points [Including their losses, the average margin of victory is 2.7 Points]
- During ACC play, when Robinson scores 25+ points, BC is 1-4.

Spread: TBD

Advertisement
Another sub-par team but this time on the road. BC is 14-10 (4-7), they're 1-4 in their last 5 and 4-6 in their last 10. BC is 4-2 at home during conference play and this includes a win against Duke. BC has 2 really good guards and one of them is capable of dropping 25+ with ease. We really need to do a job of contesting the 3PT because they can hit them at a high %.

BPI: 85
SOS: 49
RPI: 82

BC scores 76.1 PPG (119th), allows 72.9 PPG (194th) and hits 37.4% of 3PTs (75th).

Players to Watch:

Jerome Robinson: 20.1 PPG, 3.6 RPG, 3.3 APG and 1.0 SPG [Shoots 47% from 3PT]
Ky Bowman: 16.6 PPG, 7.0 RPG, 5.0 APG and 1.1 SPG
Jordan Chatman: 13.0 PPG, 2.4 RPG and 1.3 APG [Shoots 42% from 3PT]

Random Tidbits:

- BC scores 79.5 PPG at home during conference play [2/6 of their home games went to OT]
- BC plays it close at home. Their average victory at home during conference play is 6.25 Points [Including their losses, the average margin of victory is 2.7 Points]
- During ACC play, when Robinson scores 25+ points, BC is 1-4.

Spread: TBD

Solid write-up as always, Consigliere. From my observations of BC this year:

- Robinson continues to be scary, and he should be the focal point of the defense. The guy is a scoring machine, both from the field and from the line. His offensive efficiency numbers are off the charts.

- Bowman is more streaky, but is also a stat sheet filler -- both good and bad (assists and boards, but also TO's and fouls). He'll get his points, but is far less efficient in doing so than Robinson. I'd prefer to take my chances with Bowman with the ball than with Robinson or Chatman (see below).

- Chatman has become BC's DJ (or at least what we want DJ to be). In ACC play, he's shooting .424 from 3-point range and making 3 3's a game. So, about 9 of his 12 point average comes from 3's. Like Robinson, he's also deadly accurate from the line. Otherwise, he's not much of a threat.

- After these three, Popovic is BC's main big man. However, BC has been using other big guys as well (e.g., Reyes and Kraljevic). None of these guys is particularly threatening at either end of the court, and BC opponents have had success inside.

Overall, this is a very winnable game. We absolutely need to get the ball out of the hands of Robinson (I would double him when I could) and be aware of Chatman. I'd take my chances with the BC bigs beating us, and even Bowman, if it helps to keep Robinson in check (despite your point about BC having more success when Robinson is below 25 ppg).

BC is not a strong defensive team, and we should take advantage of our inside presence. Moreover, we should push the pace intensely -- Robinson, Bowman and Chatman typically play more than 38 minutes or more -- so let's see how they respond. If you see us walking the ball up the court, wasting most of the shot clock, and settling for 3's, we are in big trouble. As a bonus, it would help if we can control the boards. This is not a BC strength, and by doing so, we limit BC's shot opportunities (and bolster ours) to make up for BC's decent FG%.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back