2/10 @ BC 2:00 PM (ESPN APP)

Advertisement
Officiating in this conference is just plain awful. Yeah, we collapsed down the stretch but 3 calls in the last two minutes were just plain awful.

No way can we whine about the officiating. We shot one more free throw than they did and couldn't score a bleeping point over the last three minutes.

Terrible loss. Miserable offensive execution in the last three minutes.

Amp has to know you can't save the ball like that under their basket.

Do we score more than 40 against UVA? They are going to strangle us.

Advertisement
No way can we whine about the officiating. We shot one more free throw than they did and couldn't score a bleeping point over the last three minutes.

It's not just the number, it's the timing of the calls that makes a difference. Miami got dinged with a bunch of garbage early, making it a march to the FT line for BC late, which made it possible for them to stick around. They weren't getting much of anything offensively outside of #1 throwing up garbage, circus shots.

What I don't get is how Sam W. wasn't on the court for much of the second half. That's on Caputo, and this is why not having your HC on the floor hurts. Not having L available to manage the game cost Miami at least a couple of buckets.

Honestly I don't see the horrible officiating , I think we get calls and others get calls. Most fan bases think they're getting screwed

i also saw Lawrence do the same to him a few plays before. This team is crazy...every time i bet with them i lose smh. how the f u let bc close on a 9 -0 run...and finish the game iwth a timeout in ya pocket
Unless that was a scorebug mistake, I was also wondering why we didn’t call a TO with 2 seconds left. Do we not advance the ball?

Advertisement
Terrible loss. Miserable offensive execution in the last three minutes.

Amp has to know you can't save the ball like that under their basket.

Do we score more than 40 against UVA? They are going to strangle us.

And here we go with the stupid crap from the peanut gallery. Miami will EASILY crack 40, especially if DJ continues to shoot this way. What kills the backline is shooters knocking down jumpers, and it appears that DJ is starting to heat up again. If Miami gets off to a hot start against UVa, they can run away and hide from the Hoos, because offensively they are the same team they've always been under Bennett: Mediocre.

It's not just the number, it's the timing of the calls that makes a difference. Miami got dinged with a bunch of garbage early, making it a march to the FT line for BC late, which made it possible for them to stick around. They weren't getting much of anything offensively outside of #1 throwing up garbage, circus shots.

What I don't get is how Sam W. wasn't on the court for much of the second half. That's on Caputo, and this is why not having your HC on the floor hurts. Not having L available to manage the game cost Miami at least a couple of buckets.

Lo

Agree with you on the last part on Sam, but I will simply not agree with you on the officiating today. It's part of college basketball, and if you can't score a point in the final three minutes of a tight game you don't deserve to win. Whining about the officiating is just a cop out for how embarassing that performance was down the stretch.

Gonna be 10-8 in the ACC this year. No shame, but disappointing as ****.

If anyone would have said before the season "Miami is going to be without Bruce Brown for a large part of conference play, but they will go 10-8 or better", most RATIONAL, INTELLIGENT fans would have been thrilled with that. Then again, the trolls love to come out following losses, because most of them have nothing better to do.

I was just texting a friend this , Sam should've played a lot more. Coach L would've used him the last 6-7 minutes. He stays with the hot guys.

Sam is a pain to stop off the picks, prototypical stretch 4, you must respect him. Changes the spacing.

I'd keep him or Dj on the court at all times

Advertisement

That 3 that Walker took at the end, I would bet my account that if it was BC shooting in that same situation, a could would have been called...

If anyone would have said before the season "Miami is going to be without Bruce Brown for a large part of conference play, but they will go 10-8 or better", most RATIONAL, INTELLIGENT fans would have been thrilled with that. Then again, the trolls love to come out following losses, because most of them have nothing better to do.

We have lost four of our five ACC games with Brown. We have more talent than Boston College. We have three top recruits without Brown.

Also, coming out following losses? My guy, I'm here win or lose.

Advertisement
If today is any sort of indicator. I hope to ******* god that caputo isn't the coach in waiting when L retires

Was the 9-0 run to close the game the biggest run of the game? Brutal. Bad call on the Newton offensive foul; Lawrence missing the front end of a one-and-one; Lykes letting the ball go through his hands on an easy pass; a couple possessions with no movement and no plan; an offensive board that might have saved one of those awful possessions but we still can't finish from point blank range (and no foul called on the three or the banging down low); Lawrence trying to save the ball to a teammate under the basket and surrounded by opponents; and Huell getting a so-so foul called on him with ... Holy **** that was tough to watch. In the middle of the second half there were a number of opportunities for us to extend the lead beyond 5 but we couldn't do it. We just can't bury teams. I agree Coach L likely would have managed the last two minutes differently. Who knows though. Total collapse. This is why I wasn't convinced we're safe in the tourney yet. UVA next and then a Syracuse team that can always give people fits. This could easily turn into a little losing streak and then the pressure's on. I still think there are enough winnable games left that we'll be fine, but we need to figure out how to bury teams when the opportunity is there.

That 3 that Walker took at the end, I would bet my account that if it was BC shooting in that same situation, a could would have been called...

I'm willing to bet that would have been a foul. #1 was throwing himself into anyone he could, and the refs kept blowing the whistle. There was one, in which he had DJ beat, he rose to shoot, barely grazed Vasijevic, and was rewarded with a foul call. If that's a foul, then there's no point in ever playing man defense. DJ was just standing with his arms up, moving with the guy with the ball. Those are the kinds of calls that drive me insane, especially when you see that CL gets straight pushed in the chest every time he goes up for a lay-up. Miami didn't close out this game well in the least, but anyone stupid enough to pretend that the zebras didn't keep the Eagles within striking distance isn't worth having a conversation with.

If today is any sort of indicator. I hope to ******* god that caputo isn't the coach in waiting when L retires

Do us a favor, take a chill pill. If you are grading a coach off of ONE **** game, a game in which he probably didn't know he would be managing it until hours before, then odds are you are a Grade A moron. Caputo needs to learn this stuff, Huger and Konkol are learning at Bowling Green and Louisiana Tech. Caputo is learning this in the ACC, on short notice. We've seen David Padgett make questionable decisions, and he's had THE ENTIRE SEASON to figure things out.

Advertisement
Back