1st time in my life I found a reason to root for the gators!

Canenable

Recruit
FSU reschedules their cancelled UL-Monroe game so they can try to get bowl eligible by getting to 6 wins. How funny would it be if the gators beat them the week before and FSU had to still play a meaningless game in front of no one at Doak Campbell Stadium and pay Louisiana Monroe to play them? It would be FSU going to the basement floor all from the preseason top 5 to the toilet in less than 4 months, PRICELESS!

Advertisement
What balls by FSU to presume they're going to go into the Swamp and win a game with their **** team and coaches. They may very well be an underdog in that game, even to a Shannon coached, equally crappy Gaytors squad. And obviously that's the only reason why they rescheduled this laughable opponent in December.

We all should root for the Gaytors for precisely the reasons the OP pointed out. Dilly dilly!

I would NEVER root for the gator. To read that Canes would even consider it is unfathomable.

Advertisement
The scenario presented by the OP makes me chuckle.

But not enough to actually root for the Crocs.

Advertisement
I would NEVER root for the gator. To read that Canes would even consider it is unfathomable.
I don't want FSU to make a bowl game. It's very possible neither FSU nor UF goes bowling if UF wins this game. How is that unfathomable to root for?

What balls by FSU to presume they're going to go into the Swamp and win a game with their **** team and coaches. They may very well be an underdog in that game, even to a Shannon coached, equally crappy Gaytors squad. And obviously that's the only reason why they rescheduled this laughable opponent in December.

We all should root for the Gaytors for precisely the reasons the OP pointed out. Dilly dilly!

DILLY DILLY

I don't want FSU to make a bowl game. It's very possible neither FSU nor UF goes bowling if UF wins this game. How is that unfathomable to root for?

If you don't understand then you really don't know much about UM/UF history. My God, coach K must be spinning in his grave.

Advertisement

If you don't understand then you really don't know much about UM/UF history. My God, coach K must be spinning in his grave.
No, it's situational fandom here and it's predicated on UF losing to South Carolina this weekend so that a UF win over FSU ensures neither goes bowling. Seems to me about half the board would agree that a win by the Gaytors in this fluke of a scenario that I can assure you has never before been at stake is favorable. Why give FSU the extra month of practice and keep their bowl streak alive? ***** both of them.

Advertisement
I guess I've spent too much time around gator fans. When FSU beats them, it's really a beautiful thing to witness.

Was ready to neg OP. Then he brought up a really valid point. Outside of 2013, I may actually be rooting for FSU to lose that game, rather than UF to lose that game (notice I never root for a team to win).

Bro I'm with you on that one! With both teams ****tin the bed, if the gayters win they would go all trumpesque and proclaim they not only won, but it proves the sec better than the ACC. So no! We should not root for the lizards.

I will root for the Gators because they have already admitted defeat after firing Mac. Jimbo is still going and we need them in the toilet for the foreseeable future.

Advertisement
Back