1st scrimmage of 2021

Advertisement
This is what I expect.

Defense Dominates.

Porsters: "I knew LAshlee was all smoke and mirrors, our OL still sucks, RBs overrated, WRs cannot catch covid."

OR

Offense Dominates.

Porsters: "Manny is so rusty at play calling! Our Front seven is going to cost us some games. We still cannot tackle and Bama is going to beat us by 100 points."

Gotta love the spring.
You’ve been reading to many of @Dwinstitles posts

d line did well in the run game.

unsurprising, they are talented and they have coach simpson.
Coach Simpson can flat out coach—one of the best DL coaches we have had. No more 600+ yards rushing against the Canes in a critical coastal division game under his watch. We will have a DL that piles up sacks and TFLs, but also stack up against the run game. That is welcome news.

This defensive staff is a big upgrade as a whole.

Coach Simpson can flat out coach—one of the best DL coaches we have had. No more 600+ yards rushing against the Canes in a critical coastal division game under his watch. We will have a DL that piles up sacks and TFLs, but also stack up against the run game. That is welcome news.

Didn’t he give up 300 rushing yards to wisco?

If mlbs so improvement that strikers did under patke. We will be fine

Advertisement
Stock up: Jake Garcia, Chase Smith, Xavier Restrepo, Avery Huff, Deshawn Troutman

Stock stays up: Mike Harley, Don Chaney

Having Troutman give us ANYTHING this year would be quite the pleasant surprise. I don’t mean that as a knock to him, I liked him more than most coming out..just didn’t think he would be ready year 1. I assume he is playing Will, right?

Advertisement
1616874057754.jpeg
Maybe I am reading too much into this, but i see Jalen Rivers in the background in this Harley photo. Hopefully, Rivers has progressed enough to replace Clark as LG-1. Rivers would be a huge upgrade in talent on the OL

Advertisement
i like this matchup
Lol I also see slow *** Jennings and Steed holding up the rear
That explains the big play. Lol.

Steed and Jennings may have started the Spring at the top of the depth chart due to experience, but I would be surprised (and very disappointed) if Steed and Jennings hold off the youNG guys and start against Alabama

Advertisement
Yes, but not 600+ And Willis didn’t play. Also, that historic 600+ UNC game was primarily on the DL, especially the NFL-bound DEs

Whenever you give up 600 yards in a game, it's never on only one unit and especially on two individuals.

200 total yards may be an individual.

2-300 total yards may be a unit

3-500 total yards the entire defense

Giving up 500 yards in ONLY one phase of offense ALWAYS requires a team effort

Giving up almost 600 yards in ONLY one phase of an offense not only requires a defensive team effort...it almost REQUIRES PLANNING PLUS having a defensive staff to be asleep at the wheel

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back