1st scrimmage of 2021

Advertisement
This is what I expect.

Defense Dominates.

Porsters: "I knew LAshlee was all smoke and mirrors, our OL still sucks, RBs overrated, WRs cannot catch covid."

OR

Offense Dominates.

Porsters: "Manny is so rusty at play calling! Our Front seven is going to cost us some games. We still cannot tackle and Bama is going to beat us by 100 points."

Gotta love the spring.

This is what I expect.

Defense Dominates.

Porsters: "I knew LAshlee was all smoke and mirrors, our OL still sucks, RBs overrated, WRs cannot catch covid."

OR

Offense Dominates.

Porsters: "Manny is so rusty at play calling! Our Front seven is going to cost us some games. We still cannot tackle and Bama is going to beat us by 100 points."

Gotta love the spring.

Look out for that poster, that dude, who claims 1 and 2.

This is what I expect.

Defense Dominates.

OR

Offense Dominates.

Gotta love the spring.
Don't forget what will happen if any of the QBs have a great day.

Advertisement
This is what I expect.

Defense Dominates.

OR

Offense Dominates.

Gotta love the spring.
I've legit always wondered what would make posters happy from a Spring scrimmage lol If the offense does well then people will cry about the defense. If the defense does well they'll cry about the offense. No making everyone happy.

I try to assess scrimmages for what they are. Did we tackle? Were there a ton of penalties? Did we stay healthy? Was our kick game good? After that, I always want to know who made plays 1 on 1. Other than that it’s hard to reach conclusions

Advertisement
Set the tone , high performance play , no thinking and make your intentions known then inflict them without remorse.

Never ever take your foot off the throttle unless your prepared to lose.
GOCANES

WOW GOCANES!!

My Driver's Education teacher used to tell us the same thing when he was showing us how to merge into traffic!!!

Last edited:
I was going for the, "This guy should start over King!" But you make a good point.
That could happen. I just give it less of a "porster" label because it is more uplifting to say great things about young QBs waiting in the wings but that is just me.
It may be a bit of an overreaction to say that in a first scrimmage for sure.

That could happen. I just give it less of a "porster" label because it is more uplifting to say great things about young QBs waiting in the wings but that is just me.
It may be a bit of an overreaction to say that in a first scrimmage for sure.
I do want to see the O look decent on day one. If the D shines, I'm good with that as well. I don't take too much away from struggles, but do appreciate seeing guys step up and do well in early scimmages.

Advertisement
Another step to getting better.. Hopefully they focus on learning and continue the progression.....

This is what I expect.

Defense Dominates.

OR

Offense Dominates.

Gotta love the spring.
Actually what you should expect is a 30 second video of absolutely nothing and maybe some meaningless stats with no context if we’re extra lucky.

Advertisement
I don’t expect to learn much today, but I expect for us to have intense debates, full of optimism as the coaches praise everyone. I can almost guarantee that everyone got after it today, and if the defense beats the offense, the words or phrase “that’s to be expected” will fly out.

Advertisement
Back