1st Practice

Advertisement
according to beat writes, players say coaches are treating them like pros, aqm said he loves the new defense "its great for me" exact words, norton said simpler, faster, lets us play free. gus is back at full go...stacey coley looks every bit of 193 pounds (legs are stouter)... just my 2 cents from twitter.

News & Notes
• Richt admitted he was still learning his players. All of the players had their names taped to the front and back of their helmets. “I am trying to learn 100 names and little by little I am getting there,” Richt said with a laugh.

• Richt is excited about working with the quarterbacks again and he says he is impressed with the group Miami has on the team at that position. “I am very impressed with the quarterbacks in that they will really work hard and learn what we ask them to learn,” Richt said. “They have a lot of process. Brad did an excellent job. You could tell Brad and the rest of them did a good job of studying the playbook during spring break. I think Brad is a veteran and you can tell he has been around.”

• QB Brad Kaaya admitted that it feels like he is learning his third offense at Miami. Kaaya says he is excited by the attention to detail that Mark Richt has with coaching his quarterback and said his footwork is one thing that Richt likes to focus on.

• The first team offensive line during the drills was: LT Trevor Darling, LG Kc McDermott, C Alex Gall RG Danny Isidora, RT Tyree St. Louis

• The first team defense during the drills was: DE Chad Thomas DT R.J. McIntosh DT Gerald Willis, DE Al-Quadin MuhammadLB Charles Perry, LB Jamie Gordinier, LB Jermaine Grace CB Sheldrick Redwine, S Rayshawn Jenkins, S Jamal Carter, CB Corn Elder.

• DE Al-Quadin Muhammad on what is different about the team now: “Everybody is buying in. I feel like everybody is on the same page. Coach Richt is doing a great job with how he sets everything up. The way he deals with the players and the coaches are dealing with us is one step at a time. It is the beginning and it is only going to get better.”

• Muhammad admitted he is excited about playing in the new defensive scheme. “This defense is beneficial to everyone,” Muhammad said. “We have been working hard and this defense is going to be great. We are going to do some great things. As far as my skill set, it is great for me.”

• WR Stacy Coley on if he was close to declaring early for the NFL Draft: “It was a tough decision, but I sat down with my mom and she told me what she told me and I made my decision off that. We saw where I was going to get drafted and my mom wanted me to get my education. I owe her that respect and we went from there.”

• Coley admitted the practices are more about competition and having fun under Richt. “We are out here competing with one another. Before, we talked trash, but it was limited. Now it is about having fun and competing. We are playing with more swag and going at it on every play.”

• DT Kendrick Norton is excited about the new scheme Miami will be running on their defensive line. “We have a simpler scheme that will allow us to play faster,” Norton said. “It is a one gap defense, so you fire off and get in your gap. He stresses that we need to get off the ball and use your hands. We are all excited about it.”

• OL Kc McDermott says it is hard to tell the difference between the new offensive line coach, Stacy Searels, and Art Kehoe after just one practice. “I would say the biggest difference right now is just the southern accent,” McDermott joked. “They both are intense and they both like to have fun.”

• LB Jermaine Grace is now listed at 6-feet-1 and 205 pounds on the latest official roster. On last year’s roster, Grace was listed at 6-feet-1 and 221 pounds. Grace is excited about the new defensive scheme because he will be able to blitz more and use his speed.

• DE Chad Thomas is now listed at 6-feet-6 and 265 pounds. On last year’s roster he was listed at 6-feet-5 and 275 pounds.

• RB Joseph Yearby is listed five pounds heavier, now up to 207 pounds.

• OL Kc McDermott has trimmed down. He is now listed at 6-feet-7 and 300 pounds. Last season he was listed at 6-feet-6 and 310 pounds.

• OL Danny Isidora is listed 15 pounds lighter since last season. He is now listed at 6-feet-4 and 310 pounds.

• DT Courtel Jenkins has gained nine pounds since last season and is now listed at 6-feet-2 and 320 pounds.

• DT Anthony Moten is listed 18 pounds heavier since last season. He is now listed at 6-feet-4 and 317 pounds.

• The official listed height and weight of the early enrollee freshmen linebackers: Zach McCloud (6-2, 220), Shaquille Quarterman (6-1, 245), and Michael Pinckney (6-1, 215).

• OL Sunny Odogwu was not out at practice.

• RB Gus Edwards was going through drills with the other running backs. Edwards fractured his foot during preseason camp of 2015. “Right now he is full go with no limitations unless something sets him back,” Richt said.

• LB Darrion Owens was the only player working out on the bike. Owens is recovering from a knee injury he sustained during the 2015 season.

Last edited:
"LB Jermaine Grace is now listed at 6-feet-1 and 205 pounds on the latest official roster. On last year’s roster, Grace was listed at 6-feet-1 and 221 pounds. Grace is excited about the new defensive scheme because he will be able to blitz more and use his speed.''

I hope this is a Typo.

News & Notes
• Richt admitted he was still learning his players. All of the players had their names taped to the front and back of their helmets. “I am trying to learn 100 names and little by little I am getting there,” Richt said with a laugh.

• Richt is excited about working with the quarterbacks again and he says he is impressed with the group Miami has on the team at that position. “I am very impressed with the quarterbacks in that they will really work hard and learn what we ask them to learn,” Richt said. “They have a lot of process. Brad did an excellent job. You could tell Brad and the rest of them did a good job of studying the playbook during spring break. I think Brad is a veteran and you can tell he has been around.”

• QB Brad Kaaya admitted that it feels like he is learning his third offense at Miami. Kaaya says he is excited by the attention to detail that Mark Richt has with coaching his quarterback and said his footwork is one thing that Richt likes to focus on.

• The first team offensive line during the drills was: LT Trevor Darling, LG Kc McDermott, C Alex Gall RG Danny Isidora, RT Tyree St. Louis

• The first team defense during the drills was: DE Chad Thomas DT R.J. McIntosh DT Gerald Willis, DE Al-Quadin MuhammadLB Charles Perry, LB Jamie Gordinier, LB Jermaine Grace CB Sheldrick Redwine, S Rayshawn Jenkins, S Jamal Carter, CB Corn Elder.

• DE Al-Quadin Muhammad on what is different about the team now: “Everybody is buying in. I feel like everybody is on the same page. Coach Richt is doing a great job with how he sets everything up. The way he deals with the players and the coaches are dealing with us is one step at a time. It is the beginning and it is only going to get better.”

• Muhammad admitted he is excited about playing in the new defensive scheme. “This defense is beneficial to everyone,” Muhammad said. “We have been working hard and this defense is going to be great. We are going to do some great things. As far as my skill set, it is great for me.”

• WR Stacy Coley on if he was close to declaring early for the NFL Draft: “It was a tough decision, but I sat down with my mom and she told me what she told me and I made my decision off that. We saw where I was going to get drafted and my mom wanted me to get my education. I owe her that respect and we went from there.”

• Coley admitted the practices are more about competition and having fun under Richt. “We are out here competing with one another. Before, we talked trash, but it was limited. Now it is about having fun and competing. We are playing with more swag and going at it on every play.”

• DT Kendrick Norton is excited about the new scheme Miami will be running on their defensive line. “We have a simpler scheme that will allow us to play faster,” Norton said. “It is a one gap defense, so you fire off and get in your gap. He stresses that we need to get off the ball and use your hands. We are all excited about it.”

• OL Kc McDermott says it is hard to tell the difference between the new offensive line coach, Stacy Searels, and Art Kehoe after just one practice. “I would say the biggest difference right now is just the southern accent,” McDermott joked. “They both are intense and they both like to have fun.”

• LB Jermaine Grace is now listed at 6-feet-1 and 205 pounds on the latest official roster. On last year’s roster, Grace was listed at 6-feet-1 and 221 pounds. Grace is excited about the new defensive scheme because he will be able to blitz more and use his speed.

• DE Chad Thomas is now listed at 6-feet-6 and 265 pounds. On last year’s roster he was listed at 6-feet-5 and 275 pounds.

• RB Joseph Yearby is listed five pounds heavier, now up to 207 pounds.

• OL Kc McDermott has trimmed down. He is now listed at 6-feet-7 and 300 pounds. Last season he was listed at 6-feet-6 and 310 pounds.

• OL Danny Isidora is listed 15 pounds lighter since last season. He is now listed at 6-feet-4 and 310 pounds.

• DT Courtel Jenkins has gained nine pounds since last season and is now listed at 6-feet-2 and 320 pounds.

• DT Anthony Moten is listed 18 pounds heavier since last season. He is now listed at 6-feet-4 and 317 pounds.

• The official listed height and weight of the early enrollee freshmen linebackers: Zach McCloud (6-2, 220), Shaquille Quarterman (6-1, 245), and Michael Pinckney (6-1, 215).

• OL Sunny Odogwu was not out at practice.

• RB Gus Edwards was going through drills with the other running backs. Edwards tore his ACL during preseason camp of 2015. “Right now he is full go with no limitations unless something sets him back,” Richt said.

• LB Darrion Owens was the only player working out on the bike. Owens is recovering from a knee injury he sustained during the 2015 season.

good ****

Advertisement
"LB Jermaine Grace is now listed at 6-feet-1 and 205 pounds on the latest official roster. On last year’s roster, Grace was listed at 6-feet-1 and 221 pounds. Grace is excited about the new defensive scheme because he will be able to blitz more and use his speed.''

I hope this is a Typo.

Why would it be a typo, Coach Golden?

Happy to see the OL is losing weight. They need to lose more. They were way too fat sloppy and slow last year. Aside from Sunny, they all looked pre-diabetic.

Don't mind seeing Grace lighter too. They bloated him up too quickly like they did perryman. We need to get back to being quicker and faster and get that sloppy bloated slow **** out of this program.

I hope this is a Typo.
Dude I promise he puts on 10 more pounds before the season....he probably lost a lot of water weight

Advertisement
Glad to see in pursuit drills they are teaching them not to let the runner cross there face. Simply football 101 that coach D didn't teach them.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Guys, Gus had a lisfranc fracture of the foot lol no ankle, no ACL

I hope this is a Typo.

Why would it be a typo, Coach Golden?

Watch your mouth.

205 is extremely light for LB. Plus, Grace moved great at 220.

Advertisement
Back