1999 Era Recruiting vs Today (Derailed Maason Smith thread)

Advertisement
He’s been ****ing this whole thread don’t listen to him

Sad Hugh Laurie GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
I honestly wonder do kids see the vision. That defense is elite. LT, m.Smith, Lewis , j. Williams , t. Williams. Kam adding to what we already got. That’s how you compete against Bama next year
U have to bring that in yearly and guys to push those guys in case one doesn't pan out. That's how elite schools do it....those guys will be fr to tall a task for those pups vs bama IMO. But miracles happen

Interesting. Who are some recruits this happened to?
I have to find the kid's name - he was from a small town in La and committed to Bama. Family was harrassed etc If I remember correctly, it was two cycles ago. Kid had a public commitment with hats on the table and everything....

Advertisement
What people don’t realize is that many times, in fact most times, decisions are taken out of the kids hands. Most of the money is going to the family, the boosters negotiate hundreds of thousands of dollars to the families of most elite recruits, like this guy, especially elite linemen, big quick guys, the NFL type defensive lineman.

Maybe this guy may want to come to the U in the worst kind of way, but he would already know that he can’t.
You are correct but I really wish these kids and their families would understand that when you take money under the table, it is under the table because both parties can not have exposure to the transaction. As such, the player can take the money (or the family, coach, handler, etc) and then tell the school to jump in a lake. Because there is literally nothing the school can do and no one to complain to.
It’s the principle behind why drug dealers get ripped off. They can’t go to the police and file a report.

Advertisement
****..so this kid is going to make a decision in the next 2 weeks? So he basically already knows where he is going then. Not buying that he has no idea where he wants to go hype. Shocked he isnt taking these next 2 months to see if he can OV anywhere before making a decision. He has until Feb. So he already knows where he wants to go basically and is just playing the game.

This could bode well for us actually. Based on his comments..if i had to bet..I think he has a top 2 and its between us and UGA.

Bama and LSU are on the outside looking in.
Was gonna ask if there’s any COVID restrictions on taking OV’s but then I looked at the states of the schools up for consideration and I answered my own question lol

U have to bring that in yearly and guys to push those guys in case one doesn't pan out. That's how elite schools do it....those guys will be fr to tall a task for those pups vs bama IMO. But miracles happen
Ya I agree just this year could be the star

Advertisement
Back