1999 Era Recruiting vs Today (Derailed Maason Smith thread)

Other than that, Arthur Brown from back in the '08 class.
Rhyan Anderson back in ‘04 started out as a 5* kid Pre-summer. He was from Wisconsin. He ended up as an over-hyped 4* by his senior year.

Lance Leggett was a 5* hyped up kid. Born in FL but was in TX when he committed.

Reggie Youngblood was a 5* OL from TX.

Advertisement
Obviously he wants to play for a school whose name starts with an M. Perhaps McNeese St. is also being considered.
They could compete for the Southland Conference in 2021. He could do worse lol

Advertisement
Smith took a VERY under the radar visit to UGA last weekend. It's just leaking out now. May have been with Foreman - there were "a few" big name guys there that didn't want it out. Clearly KIrby going hard after Smith. From some stuff posted on the LSU board, it seems like they feel pretty sure SMith isn't leaving the state despite his visits to UGA... I can only imagine the negotiations going on behind the scenes in this recruitment....

Would be pretty funny if turned into another James Williams recruitment... LSU seems VERY confident he will stay home, no matter how many visits...

Advertisement
Smith took a VERY under the radar visit to UGA last weekend. It's just leaking out now. May have been with Foreman - there were "a few" big name guys there that didn't want it out. Clearly KIrby going hard after Smith. From some stuff posted on the LSU board, it seems like they feel pretty sure SMith isn't leaving the state despite his visits to UGA... I can only imagine the negotiations going on behind the scenes in this recruitment....

Would be pretty funny if turned into another James Williams recruitment... LSU seems VERY confident he will stay home, no matter how many visits...
Cracks me up whenever you hear about these types of things. It’s so blatantly obvious that there are major recruiting violations that happen in the SEC (and every other school just not as blatant) and there’s absolutely no f*cks given about it lol.

Advertisement
And they ain’t got sht to show for it except a coach the trolls the sideline yelling at everyone like a crazy person.
Your right but kids don't think about the yelling until they sign and they get the earful. Money clouds ****.....still think LSU though cause they pay as well and anything close to what UGA is a reason to stay home.

Cracks me up whenever you hear about these types of things. It’s so blatantly obvious that there are major recruiting violations that happen in the SEC (and every other school just not as blatant) and there’s absolutely no f*cks given about it lol.
Until things change in the ncaa they will run the sport

I have no inside info on this, but never underestimate a kid who visits for Paradise.
Was gonna post it that Richt on King thread but Richt stepping up the camps and getting in on optimist kids is starting to pay off, seems like classes that are coming up you have kids saying they have been on campus with miami since 8th grade.. Diaz being here since that started he was able to take that baton and run with it. Covid obviously put a damper on that but we probably had more pros than cons out of it so cant complain too much.. Just cool to see kids say they already been on campus since middle school

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back