1997 Miami Hurricanes

Advertisement
Advertisement
No.

Covington was a quality QB, but he wasn't playing with the talent that our other national championship winning team QBs had around them.

And he was drafted (7th round - same as Dorsey)

The roster may not look too horrible, but the big name players are very young in '97 - probably a lot of true frosh.

Not sure but those QBs might have been worse than last year's.

Advertisement
Did he Win??...Did he Punk Enos by taking away any slants??..which btw, is a Butch forte
yes he did win but me and many others don’t respect it a coach like butch who has been coaching for so many years resorting to bush league antics like that to win is BS but it’s bigger than that because it’s the NCAA fault for having a loop hole in this system like this and not correcting it. And this won’t be the last of it if it’s not fixed.

yes he did win but me and many others don’t respect it a coach like butch who has been coaching for so many years resorting to bush league antics like that to win is BS but it’s bigger than that because it’s the NCAA fault for having a loop hole in this system like this and not correcting it. And this won’t be the last of it if it’s not fixed.
So what??....If you think flopping...and not Diaz and Enos Garbage *** coaching cost UM a victory, then your dumber than originally thought...Butch gave UM the middle finger like he did at UNC 3 times with far less talent....Nothing new...

Advertisement
YO OLD HEADS!!!

I am a bit on the young side and its rather difficult to research online so I figured I would turn to you all. What was the buzz like around the 97 team that went 5-6? How was Butch viewed and what was the climate like with the media and among the fan base?
That year Butch only had 57 players on scholarship. Apples to oranges

Advertisement
Butch was a bit of an underachiever. He only won big when he had a great roster. And even then, he somehow found a way to lose a game. To Rick Neuiheisel of all people.

@Cane passion ....how was Bowdens game day coaching in 1990 when YOUR supposed cousin ran for over 190+yds??
How was his gameday coaching, when in 94 as defending NCs, he was Bit*hslapped outta the OB???....Lol at Bowden being some Great Gameday coach....MFer should be sleeping with rosary beads the rest of his life for UM being on Probation from 95-98....

Did you play football you don’t look like much of an athlete looking at your pics. You look like you have a substance abuse issue and drink a lot😆

Advertisement
Back