12/1 Yale 730pm ESPN 3

hotshot can't wrap his head around the fact that we have an incompetent administration. It took me a while to come to terms with it as well.

Advertisement
Consigliere (I keep picturing Robert Duvall/Tom Hagen), I can see where you think I'm "fighting" your point about this all being on UM for the mess we're in.

I have mixed feelings that make me of two minds -- (1) that you are dead right, and (2) that we (UM) just can't be this self-destructive/dumb to be doing ourselves in for no reason.

So, I do keep coming back to (2). To go with your premise, you really have to believe our Compliance Office/AD/basketball program is run by very stupid people.

tcgrad, our posts occurred simultaneously but you nailed it

Well....when the ground truth on this matter comes to be known, one of us is gonna have that red face I mentioned before. I say that knowing that it may never surface.

When you say, "Why do our decision makers get the benefit of the doubt?" -- I can't speak for Blake or the CO, but I do have faith in Coach L (that he would not stand by like a wimp and watch the season, and maybe his ongoing career, sullied or ruined over something non-existent or trivial).

Well....when the ground truth on this matter comes to be known, one of us is gonna have that red face I mentioned before. I say that knowing that it may never surface.

What does "ground truth" mean? "Red face"? We already lost 3 games. We already lost from this Dewan bull****. We already punished ourselves more than anything that could come out.

For some reason you think our school knows something that the DOJ doesn't know. So I guess we withheld info from the DOJ, genius move on our behalf.

When you say, "Why do our decision makers get the benefit of the doubt?" -- I can't speak for Blake or the CO, but I do have faith in Coach L (that he would not stand by like a wimp and watch the season, and maybe ongoing career, sullied or ruined over something non-existent or trivial).

Coach L isn't holding Dewan out. He is following orders. This isn't on Coach L at all. Jebus.

Do you understand why I asked you the employer/employee question? Or do you want to tell me you're retired?

Advertisement
What does "ground truth" mean? "Red face"? We already lost 3 games. We already lost from this Dewan bull****. We already punished ourselves more than anything that could come out.

For some reason you think our school knows something that the DOJ doesn't know. So I guess we withheld info from the DOJ, genius move on our behalf.

Think that is entirely possible (apples (criminal) and oranges (NCAA rules). Why else would UM hold the kid out? Because they want to have a losing team and have nobody coming to games? If UM is worried about any infraction(s) that would cause the school to retroactively forfeit games they won, that would not seem to be a minor matter under current consideration by the NCAA.

Coach L isn't holding Dewan out. He is following orders. This isn't on Coach L at all. Jebus.

Following orders? You make it sound like Coach L is some minor functionary way down the power chain. He is the Head Basketball Coach at a major university, in a major conference. Most believe he has this job for as long as he wants it. Let's just say that if Dewan were being unfairly wronged here, I don't think Coach would be silent. At least I'd like to think not!

Advertisement
I think it's pretty clear. If not, don't lose any sleep over it.

Simple question: What would be UM's motive for holding Hernandez out for no good reason?

I couldn't read the post. I asked you to format it so I can read it. It wasn't clear.

We've discussed this already. Our school is full of bad decision makers. Are you unaware of this by now?

UM's "motive" is be a chicken **** coward.

I couldn't read the post. I asked you to format it so I can read it. It wasn't clear.

We've discussed this already. Our school is full of bad decision makers. Are you unaware of this by now?

UM's "motive" is be a chicken **** coward.
I admit we've got and have had our share of dunces running things but ... if you feel that way about the school's "motive," you might as well stop rooting for the Canes. They want to be "chicken s**t cowards"? Beyond ridiculous.

Also, why hasn't Hernandez, the wronged party in all this, said or done anything? Isn't that a bit telling?

Lastly, can any of us read anything into why UM played Dewan in the exhibition game? Only reason that makes sense to me is that the school was expecting a quick OK from the NCAA, like before the opener. Otherwise, they may as well have worked with the "new lineup" to get them ready.

if you feel that way about the school's "motive," you might as well stop rooting for the Canes. They want to be "chicken s**t cowards"? Beyond ridiculous.

Also, why hasn't Hernandez, the wronged party in all this, said or done anything? Isn't that a bit telling?

Lastly, can any of us read anything into why UM played Dewan in the exhibition game? Only reason that makes sense to me is that the school was expecting a quick OK from the NCAA, like before the opener. Otherwise, they may as well have worked with the "new lineup" to get them ready.

1.jpg

Coach L has absolutely nothing to do with Huellnandez being held out. This is a decision made purely by the retards in administration (the ones who sign L's 7 figure pay check). The NCAA has not ruled Huellnandez ineligible. This is on Blake James et al.

Huellnandez hasn't said anything because the retards in administration have prohibited him from talking about it. DQJ didn't say a word about his suspension either. He lawyered up instead.

Why did he play in the exhibition game? Maybe because the chicken s$it administration (well described) wasn't "worried" about being stripped of an exhibition game win by the NCAA.

Advertisement
On the exhibition game, I agree with you and had considered that. It also could've been for the reason I put forth. Sorta goes to the old Nixon Watergate question: What did UM know about Hernandez, and when did they know it?

I love Coach too but no way he wasn't consulted on the course of action chosen, i.e., to sit Dewan. Whether he agreed with that action or not, we don't know. At his pressers, he sure doesn't seem too upset about the state of things regarding Hernandez. But ... maybe that's just his personality.

I'll ask you the same question I asked the Counselor. What motive do you think the "administration" has in sitting Hernandez if he's done nothing wrong? Do you agree with him that their motive is simply because the University wants to be "chicken s**t cowards"?

On the exhibition game, I agree with you and had considered that. It also could've been for the reason I put forth. Sorta goes to the old Nixon Watergate question: What did UM know about Hernandez, and when did they know it?

I love Coach too but no way he wasn't consulted on the course of action chosen, i.e., to sit Dewan. Whether he agreed with that action or not, we don't know. At his pressers, he sure doesn't seem too upset about the state of things regarding Hernandez. But ... maybe that's just his personality.

I'll ask you the same question I asked the Counselor. What motive do you think the "administration" has in sitting Hernandez if he's done nothing wrong? Do you agree with him that their motive is simply because the University wants to be "chicken s**t cowards"?

L didn't seem too upset when the entire 2018 recruiting class was wiped out as a result of an FBI investigation that falsely accused him of wrongdoing. He's a very even guy.

I don't think the administration "want to be chicken **** cowards." They ARE chicken **** cowards. That's the motivation.

On the hot-tempered front, wonder what Bob Huggins' reaction to the Hernandez situation would be if he were our coach? Or, god forbid, Bobby Knight?

On the power coach side just in our conference, think Coach K, Boeheim or Roy Williams would be OK with their only interior player of note (and the key to their season) sitting out for no good eason?

Thinking positive thoughts: Dewan will be back for the start of league play! Why else would he still be hanging around and taking no legal action with his pro career on the line.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back