12/1 Yale 730pm ESPN 3

I was thinking alot more serious than that. If he's not being played by Coach, the AD or the Compliance Officer (whoever is making the call) for something that minor, they all need to go.

They did the exact same thing to DQJ and no heads rolled.

Advertisement
Let me start off by saying there are numerous issues, some of which are to blame on the coaching staff (i.e. coaching) and some on outside factors.

1. Roster Management, Dewan and Miles Wilson.

I don’t blame Coach L for the Dewan situation. I also believe that if our school didn’t act like illogical, irrational and overreactive potatoes, we’re undefeated. With that said, we should have won each of the last three games without Dewan. Coaching matters just like Roster Management.

I also don’t blame Miles Wilson leaving on Coach L, per se.

I do blame him for our Roster Management. For the last three years we’ve held roster spots/scholarships open for no real reason. As stated numerous times, it is better to have someone over no one. Use the ship on a grad transfer rather then take nobody. A 5th Year Grad Transfer, like Joe Thomas, is an incredibly low risk move. As we know, these players are gone at the end of the season and they’re available each year too. A player of his caliber isn’t demanding burn...They want the opportunity to compete and/or possibly an additional degree. Where is the risk?

Back to Miles Wilson. Since Coach L has been here, we’ve lost (on average) more than 1 player per year (transfer out/booted/left the school). So I don’t blame Coach L for Miles Wilson...but he should know SOMEONE is going to be leaving each year and prepare accordingly.

Then there is this whole thing with waste on the roster and redshirting a subpar player (Miller Jr.). Not going there right now.

Please note I don’t blame Coach L for the FBI/DOJ and recruiting stuff in 2018 and missing big names. I do blame him for taking no one and not filling the class. He did a great job on transfers but...we need more bodies. Even taking someone local like Alvarez last year would have been better than no one.

2. Actual Coaching and Assistants

This isn’t the first time this has been said but It seems that since certain coaches left for HC gigs, we’ve failed to maintain our quality. We saw how good Caputo was against BC last year.

The last three games are somewhat telling of the last three years. Large parts of the game things fall apart and we play down to our opponents. We freelance too much and things go to ****. Stupid plays keep happening.

Why was Amp given so many opportunities the last three games to hit a 3PT at the end?

Is that the best shot or play to run?

I still can’t get over the last three games. Things are broken, I don’t know if they can be fixed in season. Changes likely need to be made.

Some of these changes are pretty easy too.

The season is lost. The feds set the program on a course directly into the iceberg, and Blake James et al finished us off. Rearranging the deck chairs at this point is meaningless. Our athletic department is a travesty.

This is what people don't realize.

We have two options. Play Huell and make the NCAAT. Lock up our recruiting class. Get those kids in. Have another good season next year and late next year we get hit with the whole you must vacate the 2018 season wins. Kids don't care. Our 2019 class is already in and we are on the way to make another NCAAT.

OR we could lose to a bunch of mid majors and get blown out in ACC play and miss the NIT. Have our recruiting class fall apart and end up with an even worse team next year.
I have some concern (maybe others should too) over what Dewan and his circle knew about (or even benefitted some) from the Dawkins efforts. Even a few measly perks are an issue, as is failure to report, in the NCAA's greasy eyes. (More greasy for UM than other schools usually).

Let's say, for example, Dewan told Compliance (under questioning) about some of the borderline issues ( maybe an advisor was offered a job with Dawkins and mentioned it to Dewan, who didn't report it, or something similar.) Let's say Compliance, as some here suggest, overlooks what Dewan replies in this arena, and plays him, and thereby suggests to NCAA that nothing "untoward" has been found in local talks with the player.

Then later, some more (leak-worthy) evidence comes to light at NCAA, and Dewan admits he "told Blake James" such and such. It then becomes more than a few wins vacated; it becomes probation and no March dancing and maybe scholarships yanked for a few seasons. Not indelicate!

Advertisement
It's amazing how some "expert fans" seem to know "much more and better" than Coach L how best to secure a win with the existing crew of players.

As if statistically and otherwise, a successful play strategy that frees 45% shooter Amp open for 2 late tries at 3's is not as good a ploy as anything that might succeed.

Disappointing the execution and results are what they are, but that doesn't mean Coach L feel short of a viable plan of attack. Quite the opposite is true.

As if statistically and otherwise, a successful play strategy that frees 45% shooter Amp open for 2 late tries at 3's is not as good a ploy as anything that might succeed.

I guess you have different stats.

AMP is shooting .286 from 3PT this year and 5/28 in the last 3 games.

Amp has missed each of 6 opportunities in the final minutes of said games.

Seton Hall

0:44: Amp misses a 3PT (80-82)

0:06: Amp misses a 3PT (81-82)

Rutgers

2:44: Amp misses a 3PT (50-55)

0:25: Amp misses a 3PT (54-55)

Yale

1:22: Amp misses a 3PT (73-75)

0:06: Amp misses a 3PT (73-77)

-------------------

Of all the 6 attempts, ONLY 1 was a 3PT necessary. Amp shouldn't get that attempt regardless with DJ.

GatorHater, If it was so serious that we had to vacate all 2018 wins, I'm sure that would come with one or more NCAAT bans.

I guess you have different stats.

AMP is shooting .286 from 3PT this year and 5/28 in the last 3 games.

Amp has missed each of 6 opportunities in the final minutes of said games.

I was referring to stats and Coach L's decision at the time. Here is the Facts:
Captureawa.PNG

Now that Amp has LOST his touch a bit, I'm sure Coach L doesn't need you to tell him another tactic might be better.

Advertisement
Which was STILL WRONG.

Before those shots, Amp was shooting 7/21. It got worse from there.
Coach L was obviously referring to Amp being 7 for 16 heading into the Wooden Classic, which is 43.75%

But you know better than Coach L how to be a basketball success of course, More power to you.

Personal attacks
Coach L was obviously referring to Amp being 7 for 16 heading into the Wooden Classic, which is 43.75%

Your bull**** constantly changes. Does any of this change the fact that you have DJ? What was he shooting before the tourney?

How many misses does Amp need before we get someone else an attempt?

The players leaving is one thing; the timing of it (after sitting out a year, attending classes, practicing with the team, etc.) is another. I just don't get that!! Muhammad and Wilson left after being at UM waiting their opportunity for a full year. What the **** happened at the last moment that couldn't have been known earlier (perhaps allowing for someone else to be recruited)?

Advertisement
I have some concern (maybe others should too) over what Dewan and his circle knew about (or even benefitted some) from the Dawkins efforts. Even a few measly perks are an issue, as is failure to report, in the NCAA's greasy eyes. (More greasy for UM than other schools usually).

Let's say, for example, Dewan told Compliance (under questioning) about some of the borderline issues ( maybe an advisor was offered a job with Dawkins and mentioned it to Dewan, who didn't report it, or something similar.) Let's say Compliance, as some here suggest, overlooks what Dewan replies in this arena, and plays him, and thereby suggests to NCAA that nothing "untoward" has been found in local talks with the player.

Then later, some more (leak-worthy) evidence comes to light at NCAA, and Dewan admits he "told Blake James" such and such. It then becomes more than a few wins vacated; it becomes probation and no March dancing and maybe scholarships yanked for a few seasons. Not indelicate!

First of all, your speculation requires the belief that the United States Department of Justice and the FBI are less capable of conducting an investigation than Blake James and the NCAA. I reject the premise. There was ZERO evidence admitted at the Dawkins trial that Huellnandez did anything wrong or was even aware of Dawkins' plan. Don't you think anything Blake James and the NCAA could turn up would have been turned up by the feds? Secondly, my opinion on the Huellnandez situation is also based upon precedent. The DQJ precedent is that UM will suspend a player for his entire senior season with absolutely no evidence of wrongdoing, and hand that player's future over to the NCAA for an open ended fishing expedition.

Your bull**** constantly changes. Does any of this change the fact that you have DJ? What was he shooting before the tourney?

How many misses does Amp need before we get someone else an attempt?
Yeah, You have convinced me with your amazing smarts and insights the time has come to Dump La-Richt-Naga.

But how we gonna fly the banner inside the Arena? You appear to have all the answers, are you Thinking Drone?

Advertisement
Yeah, You have convinced me with your amazing smarts and insights the time has come to Dump La-Richt-Naga.

But how we gonna fly the banner inside the Arena? You appear to have all the answers, are you Thinking Drone?

CivilianKunt. Are you actually reading the post? Who is talking about firing Coach or flying a banner? Are you having a conversation with yourself in your head.

I Wish I could Upvote You a Million Times!

It's Such a Treat when you share your High Quality and Civilized Analysis with Us!

Why do you capitalize random words in the sentence above? Is that the tinfoil helmet?

It's such a treat that you responded to the same post twice.

First of all, your speculation requires the belief that the United States Department of Justice and the FBI are less capable of conducting an investigation than Blake James and the NCAA. I reject the premise. There was ZERO evidence admitted at the Dawkins trial that Huellnandez did anything wrong or was even aware of Dawkins' plan. Don't you think anything Blake James and the NCAA could turn up would have been turned up by the feds? Secondly, my opinion on the Huellnandez situation is also based upon precedent. The DQJ precedent is that UM will suspend a player for his entire senior season with absolutely no evidence of wrongdoing, and hand that player's future over to the NCAA for an open ended fishing expedition.
Of course, the DoJ/FBI is only interested in criminal activity, not NCAA rules violations. So, it's very possible the player and what he did is of no interest to the Feds but would be "of interest" to an NCAA investigation. Two different animals.

Of course, the DoJ/FBI is only interested in criminal activity, not NCAA rules violations. So, it's very possible the player and what he did is of no interest to the Feds but would be "of interest" to an NCAA investigation. Two different animals.

I suggest you read the indictment because it matters. I also applaud your continued effort fighting this here.

The payments and plan were/are part of the charges. If they had the evidence, they would have presented it (the DOJ).

So this would be comparable to the NCAA Bylaw on "impermissible benefits". Keep in mind, there was no evidence provided as to whether Dewan knew of the plan or received any actual payments.

So please let me know what other bylaws could be broken? Is there a conspiracy to break a bylaw?

Advertisement
Back